2024 U.S. Elections

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Is there a single quote from Russia that states that after Ukraine, Russia is going to attack Poland or Baltic states. Corrupt Nikki probably could not even name the Baltic states. Her and Hillary are basically the same person when it comes to foreign policy. Disgusting.
Are you on the Russian payroll or something? Wouldn't surprise me if you were.

ExoduS

I really don't know how to reply to this post. You seem like someone with their head buried solidly in the sand.

You actually think I am just referring to American gov't circles & academia?
I do not know what you think, I told you what I think of Nikki Haley and affect she has on American voting climate. When it comes to Haley, Nuland and neocons alike, I sorta wish my head was buried in the sand.

ExoduS

Are you on the Russian payroll or something? Wouldn't surprise me if you were.
Wouldn't that be nice. Unfortunately, Putin spent all the money on Ritter and Macgregor so nothing was left for me. I have to defend mother Russia for free. :(

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Is there a single quote from Russia that states that after Ukraine, Russia is going to attack Poland or Baltic states. Corrupt Nikki probably could not even name the Baltic states. Her and Hillary are basically the same person when it comes to foreign policy. Disgusting.
Just another deluded, anachronistic neo-con.

Rajma

Wow, was there a single quote from Russian regime which stated that they will be attacking Ukraine before February 2022? Or before that Crimea / Donbass in 2014? Or before that Georgia in 2008? They were denying it officially right to the wire. Putin was keeping it to a very limited circle. Clueless.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I do not know what you think, I told you what I think of Nikki Haley and affect she has on American voting climate. When it comes to Haley, Nuland and neocons alike, I sorta wish my head was buried in the sand.
You literally answered a question you just made up yourself.

Keep using those scare words from yesteryear even though they have no validity to the topic at hand.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Why should we believe that a country currently attacking one of its neighbors and threatening others has no intention to expand their aggression?

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-issues-ominous-warning-about-next-victim-1848565

ExoduS

Why should we believe that a country currently attacking one of its neighbors and threatening others has no intention to expand their aggression?

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-issues-ominous-warning-about-next-victim-1848565
Which one is it ? Poland, one of the Baltic states or Moldova?

Why not just stick with the narrative that is actually reasonable: let’s defend Ukraine at all costs (except American people off course) as they are freedom loving pro Americans. If we don’t help Ukraine: China, Iran and Russia will be very happy.

@calodo2003, can you find us a cool clip on Nikki’s views on Israel/Palestine conflict. I’m curious who is a freedom loving side.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Putin threatens Finland and NATO

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/putin-finland-war-nato-ukraine-b2466322.html

This one made me chuckle :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64397745.amp

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...sQFnoECCUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3gRnhXoKwhBQeCO62NTljs

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...C3AnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3sVuEoo_jQC_BKNXRR3DGL

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FBAWegQIDRAB&usg=AOvVaw03QHB3ohhs8VfV-1GDGGrf

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QQFnoECCMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2ltrR2iZwTBU2qxOtER08T

Nah, he never threatens anyone does he?

Seriously you have to be extremely naive to think he would stop at Ukraine. After all, didn't he say the same after he took Crimea?

He's on record stating he wants the U.S.S.R. back. And unlike North Korea, given his past, you can't honestly believe he wont follow any of his threats through. Some may be hyperbole or just him showing his countrymen and women he's not going to be bullied or pushed around, but not all of it is empty threats and political jousting. It's absolutely clear he won't stop if he took Ukraine, so Haley is absolutely right on what she says that Ukraine needs to be armed and helped stop him.

It's a fair argument to suggest why she's saying it or where she got her info, but it doesn't mean she's wrong.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Which one is it ? Poland, one of the Baltic states or Moldova?

Why not just stick with the narrative that is actually reasonable: let’s defend Ukraine at all costs (except American people off course) as they are freedom loving pro Americans. If we don’t help Ukraine: China, Iran and Russia will be very happy.

@calodo2003, can you find us a cool clip on Nikki’s views on Israel/Palestine conflict. I’m curious who is a freedom loving side.
Righto, sport. Shift those goalposts again.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
That new justice hasn't been impeached yet, it seems.
Doesnt look like it will happen, all talk.

Anyway, wonder how many house seats dems can get out of this, at least 2, one would think.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
@WI_Red When you arise from your covid-assisted slumber, how many say you?
Ugh. It has now spread to eye infection, ear infection, and possible perforated eardrum (from infection/high ear pressure from COVID). I am a (non) walking biohazard.

Anyways I came to post that it was none, but @Morty_ already chimed in. What it will mean is a definite loss of the GOP supermajority in the state houses, and a possible chance for Dems to capture one of them. Depends on how fair the maps are. Long term it could mean a gain of a House seat or 2.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Ugh. It has now spread to eye infection, ear infection, and possible perforated eardrum (from infection/high ear pressure from COVID). I am a (non) walking biohazard.

Anyways I came to post that it was none, but @Morty_ already chimed in. What it will mean is a definite loss of the GOP supermajority in the state houses, and a possible chance for Dems to capture one of them. Depends on how fair the maps are. Long term it could mean a gain of a House seat or 2.
Oh man, I hope you feel better. My wife also just got COVID and this strain seems worse than the one I had a year ago.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why has DeSantis' campaign derailed? He was supposed to be the golden boy for the Republicans. What happened? Where did it go bad?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Why has DeSantis' campaign derailed? He was supposed to be the golden boy for the Republicans. What happened? Where did it go bad?

He's extremely unpopular with many Republicans outside of Florida. His campaign appearances have been ridiculed due to many failures. Poor delivery of his message, he's lost his temper at voters who asked him questions, he's been caught lying and his attacks on his opponents have been weak or poorly timed. His wife hasn't helped much either drawing attacks to them both and he just genuinely seems insincere. His debate performances have been sub standard too. He is also infinitely less popular than Trump who he attacks one minute and praises the next.

The emergence of Nikki Haley has also almost completely pushed him out of the race. Really it's a clear choice now between her and Trump with Trump leading by a big margin, however that could all change depending on his trials and court decisions regarding his guilt or his legality to stand for or serve as President.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He has the charisma of a corpse, the hygiene of a teenage boy and the body insecurities of a teenage girl, a voice that would make Bobcat Goldwaith cringe, and an even more unlikable wife who tries to dominate every event she is in.

but besides those little things I am at a loss to explain how the wheels came off. It’s a mystery.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's extremely unpopular with many Republicans outside of Florida. His campaign appearances have been ridiculed due to many failures. Poor delivery of his message, he's lost his temper at voters who asked him questions, he's been caught lying and his attacks on his opponents have been weak or poorly timed. His wife hasn't helped much either drawing attacks to them both and he just genuinely seems insincere. His debate performances have been sub standard too. He is also infinitely less popular than Trump who he attacks one minute and praises the next.

The emergence of Nikki Haley has also almost completely pushed him out of the race. Really it's a clear choice now between her and Trump with Trump leading by a big margin, however that could all change depending on his trials and court decisions regarding his guilt or his legality to stand for or serve as President.
So basically...when all eyes were on him because of his presidential campaign, people saw he was actually a shit candidate?

Drifter

American
I have always said he is very overrated. He may have looked good as a Florida governor. But I never saw him appealing outside his bubble

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I have always said he is very overrated. He may have looked good as a Florida governor. But I never saw him appealing outside his bubble
Says a lot about how solid red Florida is at this point, at this point, i think basically any candidate GOP puts forward will win statewide office by default.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

It's funny how his Florida support thinks he's just this awesome force in politics. One of my work colleagues from 2014-15 is a massive DeSantis fanatic, and he has a circle jerk of fellow FB friends that all chime in on his posts. He literally claimed DeSantis wiped Newsome off the stage. He fails to see any flaws in his man.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
He has the charisma of a corpse, the hygiene of a teenage boy and the body insecurities of a teenage girl, a voice that would make Bobcat Goldwaith cringe, and an even more unlikable wife who tries to dominate every event she is in.
Gee willikers mister, tell us how you really feel!

owlo

And one of the final polls of the years has Biden 10+ over Trump in the general election, i would like it to be 2 or something, this is a major outlier.

https://www.anselm.edu/about/anselm...vorable-opinion-former-president-donald-trump
That’s for NH, not national though? NH is no longer really a bellwether, especially with trump involved. Poll seems within moe. https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2023-11-22/a-left-turn-for-democrats-in-new-hampshire

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

owlo

Sorry, thats my mistake, guess i'm drunk.

For what its worth, i guess Biden has a few tied polls instead of losing the popular vote now, as opposed to a few weeks ago, nation wide.
No worries, it’s the time to drink. you had me excited for a moment there. :) Merry 381st anniversary of Isaac Newtons birth!

Still think Biden has the same structural issues as he has had for a few months, which hopefully can be overcome by Trump showing just how unelectable he is. Those swing states don’t look pretty to me right now.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
No worries, it’s the time to drink. you had me excited for a moment there. :) Merry 381st anniversary of Isaac Newtons birth!

Still think Biden has the same structural issues as he has had for a few months, which hopefully can be overcome by Trump showing just how unelectable he is. Those swing states don’t look pretty to me right now.
Have a good one, you too! Sorry to disappoint, heh.

Anyway, there has been very little from swing states in december, so not much to talk about on that front, mostly just nationwide polls.