2024 U.S. Elections

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finding the prospect of this election quite dull. Two past it blokes doing the same tired shit as they did four years ago. Only with even worse misinformation and likely faked audio and images to further muddy the waters and divide.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sorry this isn't entertaining for you. It's only the future of our democracy at stake.
Didn't mean it in that way. It's just all very tired and feels like a round two of the same shitty tactics and arguments.

RedDevilQuebecois

Didn't mean it in that way. It's just all very tired and feels like a round two of the same shitty tactics and arguments.
It would sure be a lot easier for everyone if mandatory retirement age from public service (I say 75 years of age) was actually a thing in the US, but nobody ever thought of codifying that part into law at all.

On a different topic, I read in a few places that Kamala Harris is somehow really popular with generation Z voters. If she is popular with them, then can somebody explain to me why that popularity does not look like expanding to other age groups and/or demographics?

Bert_

Sorry this isn't entertaining for you. It's only the future of our democracy at stake.
The future of democracy looks bleak when the choice is between an elderly idiot who openly wants to be appointed as dictator and an even more elderly man who wants nothing to change. It's hard to maintain democracy when your only selling point is "at least we are not them". Democracy dies when people lose interest in it.

WPMUFC

just remember folks, as we keep being told by a certain few on these forums, this kind of language is just fluff, shouldn't be taken seriously. The only thing that REALLY matters is "Biden Bad"

Alt-right conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec vowed to finish what rioters began on Jan. 6 by working to “overthrow” democracy “completely.”

Posobiec made the comments during the opening day of CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference, in Washington, D.C., Wednesday.

“Welcome to the end of democracy!” Posobiec declared. “We’re here to overthrow it completely. We didn’t get all the way there on January 6th, but we will endeavor to get rid of it and replace it with this right here,” he said, holding his fist in the air. “That’s right, because all glory is not to government, all glory to God.”
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/welc...hat-began-on-jan-6-as-steve-bannon-cheers-on/

WPMUFC

Bassem Youseff wants Biden to lose.

I think it's fine to not vote Biden based on any particular issue. Personally I think the threat of the right is just too much not to, but everyone should get that choice and I think Gaza-Israel policy is more than legitimate to base your personal voting intentions off. However, for once i'd like to see this kind of ranting actually taken through to it's end goal. Ok, you "hope Biden loses". We get that awful Biden leadership on Gaza-Israel is your reason for "hoping Biden loses".

From that starting point , what are you then hoping for the democrats to become out of office and then should MAGA control the presidency, house and senate, what are you expecting them to do on Gaza-Israel? Because all i truly got out of this video is that "it's ok if biden loses because women in Tennessee can move to California for abortions." I guess the thinking doesn't go that far? If it's a MAGA congress from top to bottom and we get a policy like "all living Palesinians will be removed from the entirety of Israel to Egypt" as MAGA policy, like what is this guys demand of an out of power democrat party to do?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think it's fine to not vote Biden based on any particular issue. Personally I think the threat of the right is just too much not to, but everyone should get that choice and I think Gaza-Israel policy is more than legitimate to base your personal voting intentions off. However, for once i'd like to see this kind of ranting actually taken through to it's end goal. Ok, you "hope Biden loses". We get that awful Biden leadership on Gaza-Israel is your reason for "hoping Biden loses".

From that starting point , what are you then hoping for the democrats to become out of office and then should MAGA control the presidency, house and senate, what are you expecting them to do on Gaza-Israel? Because all i truly got out of this video is that "it's ok if biden loses because women in Tennessee can move to California for abortions." I guess the thinking doesn't go that far? If it's a MAGA congress from top to bottom and we get a policy like "all living Palesinians will be removed from the entirety of Israel to Egypt" as MAGA policy, like what is this guys demand of an out of power democrat party to do?
This will be the absolute floor if Trump is reelected, Stephen Miller riffs on the 2.0 version a couple of posts back...

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

What I am seeing in Gaza would not go worse with MAGA. Biden is approving aid and military packages to Israel bypassing chambers (don't know which). they support them military patrolling around in case any arab rogue would like to join (and sure they made them clear to them tolerance 0). Israel is slaugthering tens of thousands indiscriminately, displacing the entire population while US is blocking any international resolution and let Israel tiktoking in a mocking way every single barbarian act of destruction of their infrastructures and humiliation f civilians. Gaza is bordering 80-90% destruction in every single type of infrastructure as they are planning to flush palestinian out of Gaza. US is basically supporting Israel in every way and Israel is going wild without any reign.

Trump would let things exactly the same way because it can't get worse. Or I challange you to tell me how it could realistically get worse (leave out hollywood nuking gazians for example. Reallistically) for palestinians.

Biden and Trump would do exactly the same. With Biden they will post twitter and articles saying that is VERY VERY MAD to BAD BAD Netanyahu and he told him that he will hold his breath if he doesn't stock killing less palestinians and Trump would not give a feck and would laugh at palestinians deaths, but the result would be the same

But Trump is guessing but Biden is reality and is the one that is managing Israel complete support. That is why I understand muslims not wanting him as president

Vitro

What I am seeing in Gaza would not go worse with MAGA. Biden is approving aid and military packages to Israel bypassing chambers (don't know which). they support them military patrolling around in case any arab rogue would like to join (and sure they made them clear to them tolerance 0). Israel is slaugthering tens of thousands indiscriminately, displacing the entire population while US is blocking any international resolution and let Israel tiktoking in a mocking way every single barbarian act of destruction of their infrastructures and humiliation f civilians. Gaza is bordering 80-90% destruction in every single type of infrastructure as they are planning to flush palestinian out of Gaza. US is basically supporting Israel in every way and Israel is going wild without any reign.

Trump would let things exactly the same way because it can't get worse. Or I challange you to tell me how it could realistically get worse (leave out hollywood nuking gazians for example. Reallistically) for palestinians.

Biden and Trump would do exactly the same. With Biden they will post twitter and articles saying that is VERY VERY MAD to BAD BAD Netanyahu and he told him that he will hold his breath if he doesn't stock killing less palestinians and Trump would not give a feck and would laugh at palestinians deaths, but the result would be the same

But Trump is guessing but Biden is reality and is the one that is managing Israel complete support. That is why I understand muslims not wanting him as president
Well it would be worse if more Gazans died. Which is of course within Israel’s power. And there’s various ways Trump could encourage/assist Israel to kill more Gazans. But of course you’re right, this is hypothetical and we don’t know if it would be better, the same or worse under Trump.

RedDevilQuebecois

the political equivalent of tik tokers telling you to buy Crypto and Weed stocks (and their online stock trading course) and then claiming "this isn't financial advice" :lol:
We have a four-eyed jackass of a party leader for the Tories doing that in Canada.

WPMUFC

MAGA policy defines and enacts legislation that enforces Palestine as having no legitimacy in the region, they define the Palestinians as a "fake people" or worse, that all Palestinians are non-people that can be rightfully expelled by "the legitimate state of Israel" and joins in the military offensive providing actual US military involvement within the region to round up all Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, and then threatens regional players with military intervention if they do not "take arabs back into their land". MAGA sells this as "unifying a completed ethically homogenised Israeli state project" and "sending all arabs back to where they actually belong". Once completed it becomes official US policy that military intervention by the US in Israel is legitimate to complete and defend the borders of Israel from any Palestinian incursion back into the country.

I think that is credible and possible MAGA policy.

Trump would let things exactly the same way because it can't get worse.
If Nukes are the only way "this can get worse" with MAGA, i don't think there is anything I can really say to add to the conversation. I think there are multiple new levels of depravity possible with the election of MAGA.

That is why I understand muslims not wanting him as president
And that's fine, again I think his personal reason for not wanting to vote for Biden is fine. But I guess I'd like to see where people making these comments actually think things will end up under MAGA. If you argue that you "hope Biden loses', then you have at least thought about the alternative. And I don't think "well women in Tennessee can move to California for abortions " is a strong point to add legitimacy to your argument about the issue he's critically focusing on. Yes, I think actual Biden policy is legitimate to use in reasoning for not voting for Biden. But I think the argument that "hoping Biden loses" forces you to engage with an alternative. Which he doesn't.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
MAGA policy defines and enacts legislation that enforces Palestine as having no legitimacy in the region, they define the Palestinians as a "fake people" or worse, that all Palestinians are non-people that can be rightfully expelled by "the legitimate state of Israel" and joins in the military offensive providing actual US military involvement within the region to round up all Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, and then threatens regional players with military intervention if they do not "take arabs back into their land". MAGA sells this as "unifying a completed ethically homogenised Israeli state project" and "sending all arabs back to where they actually belong". Once completed it becomes official US policy that military intervention by the US in Israel is legitimate to complete and defend the borders of Israel from any Palestinian incursion back into the country.

I think that is credible and possible MAGA policy.
US joining the ground would be better for the Palestinians, now rose. US can only equal the level of destruction of Israel and Israel depravity against palestinians is festered on the believe that this land belongs to them and the 75 years of conflict. Adding the righteousness that they feel that everything started on October 7th.

The US would be more aseptic as external agent and individual soldiers would not be as invested. Sure they will be crazies that would act the same, but not the aquelarre that Israel is engaging snipping kids, women and elderly left and right.

There is nothing that Trump can do worse realistically in the field (institutionally like recognition of Jerusalem in the past and so that DOESN'T MATTER in this current atrocities). A nuke is not realistic, first because Israel wants to use the land and second (in that order intended) because even international community would not accept that out of the blue

And that's fine, again I think his personal reason for not wanting to vote for Biden is fine. But I guess I'd like to see where people making these comments actually think things will end up under MAGA. If you argue that you "hope Biden loses', then you have at least thought about the alternative. And I don't think "well women in Tennessee can move to California for abortions " is a strong point to add legitimacy to your argument about the issue he's critically focusing on. Yes, I think actual Biden policy is legitimate to use in reasoning for not voting for Biden. But I think the argument that "hoping Biden loses" forces you to engage with an alternative. Which he doesn't.
In other policies we most likely would agree. Don't get me wrong. I don't want Trump and Biden is the lesser of the evils, but them being palestinian americans or arabs or muslims, I understand them why they want Biden to lose

ManUtd1999

It’s time that Biden start talking with respect to the Arab/Muslim community in the U.S. Most importantly, it’s time that tells Israel to stop and start a process towards a two-state solution. He still has the time to do that. It’s the right thing to do on policy, moral and political grounds.

Jewish voters are concentrated in states that vote Democratic anyway. 100k votes in Michigan are much more important than 100k votes in California or New York.

———————————
The GOP: we need kids; ban abortion.
Also The GOP: restrict IVF…

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

The sentiment that Youssef expresses in this clip doesn't have a lot to do with rationally analyzing the likely outcomes of voting for Biden or Trump in November. It's not about strategy, but comes down to feeling let down by a president they likely voted for, wanting to show their discontent, and not wanting another Biden vote on their conscience.

A few months ago I probably didn't quite understand this way of thinking, because I do firmly believe that a) Things will likely get worse for the Muslim community in America under Trump, and b) Biden is better on virtually all other areas as well. But as the killing has gone on and Biden has been extremely impotent, I have grown more sympathetic to it. I can appreciate that it must feel belittling and condescending, when people try to guilt trip the community into voting for Biden with arguments about women's rights, the environment, NATO or whatever, while your community and possibly family members are being slaughtered in Gaza.

It's a grim situation, because I really do want Trump to lose. Another Trump presidency could be disastrous. He will no longer have these Bill Barr, John Kelly, Jim Mattis types that are somewhat rational. It's going to be all Stephen Miller, MTG, Steve Bannon, and so on.

RedDevilQuebecois

Aren't you tired of our democracy being at stake?

It's been at stake ever since 2016. Eventually you just get fatigued.
Taiwan has been in that same boat since that same period and yet I don't hear them complain about having to vote for what is best for their country, especially with the enemy at the gates.

ManUtd1999

Aren't you tired of our democracy being at stake?

It's been at stake ever since 2016. Eventually you just get fatigued.
I’m not fatigued. Biden got my vote no matter what. Not voting for him means you’re OK with the alternative. I am not OK with that.

If Trump comes back, then prepare for 4 years of absolute chaos, right here in the United States… and more destruction in Gaza. The West Bank will be annexed.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I’m not fatigued. Biden got my vote no matter what. Not voting for him means you’re OK with the alternative. I am not OK with that.

If Trump comes back, then prepare for 4 years of absolute chaos, right here in the United States… and more destruction in Gaza. The West Bank will be annexed.
Good to hear.

I used that term because I read an article in the NYTimes speaking about this effect. Only so many times you can make every election "a matter of life or death" before people start to tune out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/19/us/politics/trump-resistance-democrats-voters.html

I'm not sure whether to laugh or laugh at the bolded.

ManUtd1999

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm convinced that the posters in here trying to minimize the threat of another Trump term are either trolling, haven't been paying attention at all during his term (like too many unfortunately), or aren't living in this country.

SirAF

Ageist
I'm convinced that the posters in here trying to minimize the threat of another Trump term are either trolling, haven't been paying attention at all during his term (like too many unfortunately), or aren't living in this country.
This. It absolutely boggles the mind.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Well tbf if the Trump voters stopped believing it was life or death we'd all be a lot better off. Hopefully they are fatigued too.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Probably why dems went along with it, shame that Ukraine has to suffer as a result though.