2024 U.S. Elections

ManUtd1999

But Biden is old!
I mean, let’s forget all the bad things about Trump and just talk about the age of Biden. Could you imagine Biden facing 91 counts in four different jurisdictions?!!! Or Hillary Clinton?!!

From Day 1 of his candidacy in 2015, Trump has been graded on a curve.

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
But Biden is old!
He objetively is and prone to demented gaffes . And trump is the same and insane.

That is why many people will stay and not vote because they are both terrible candidates.

And due to supression, trump serms to be well positioned brecause he has an horde of fanatics

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

The mental gymnastics and pretzel-esq twisting to defend Trump's recent comments are as expected both plentiful and cringe worthy. Hopefully this ad hits home. Although I honestly can't see how anyone could be undecided. Maybe undecided if they are voting or not, but certainly not for which candidate.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
No Labels still can't find anyone remotely relevant to run, latest to reject them, Geoff Duncan, former Lt governor of Georgia.

They have all that money, but still nobody is interested, kinda sad.

RedDevilQuebecois

The mental gymnastics and pretzel-esq twisting to defend Trump's recent comments are as expected both plentiful and cringe worthy. Hopefully this ad hits home. Although I honestly can't see how anyone could be undecided. Maybe undecided if they are voting or not, but certainly not for which candidate.
If a sequel of that political ad has to be done, there should be a reminder of the America's finest hour in defeating the Nazis before images and sounds of Trump's Neo-Nazi supporters are shown.

Suedesi

I'd bet my bottom dollar on a Republican sweep this November. Such an outcome, unfortunately, is likely to result in widespread dissatisfaction and instability. Expect Trump to revel in victory like a child with a new toy, igniting a storm of protest from all corners—liberal factions, women, Antifa, immigrants, and those mysterious deep state figures alike. It's a recipe for chaos.

Conversely, should Trump unexpectedly lose (a long shot, admittedly), we'll find ourselves navigating an endless torrent of fraud allegations and conspiracy theories about covert interference, ensuring chaos reigns supreme.

No matter the outcome, post-November America is set for a rollercoaster ride. Strap in!

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I'd bet my bottom dollar on a Republican sweep this November. Such an outcome, unfortunately, is likely to result in widespread dissatisfaction and instability. Expect Trump to revel in victory like a child with a new toy, igniting a storm of protest from all corners—liberal factions, women, Antifa, immigrants, and those mysterious deep state figures alike. It's a recipe for chaos.

Conversely, should Trump unexpectedly lose (a long shot, admittedly), we'll find ourselves navigating an endless torrent of fraud allegations and conspiracy theories about covert interference, ensuring chaos reigns supreme.

No matter the outcome, post-November America is set for a rollercoaster ride. Strap in!
Not sure how you can conclude that Trump losing is an unexpected long shot. It's probably about 50-50 at this point with other factors that are currently unpredictable that will sway things.

Suedesi

Not sure how you can conclude that Trump losing is an unexpected long shot. It's probably about 50-50 at this point with other factors that are currently unpredictable that will sway things.
Call it my inner Spidey-sense tingling, but I'm betting Biden's gonna take a tumble in Michigan, Florida, Georgia, Arizona, and North Carolina. That pretty much tangles up his re-election roadmap.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Agreed. Its about 50-50 at this point. The perception that Trump will win is based on largely bogus registered voters polls. Those numbers are likely to drift more towards Biden once more likely voter polls are released and the public actually have a moment to ponder the prospects of another 4 years of Trump in office. He could of course still win, but its definitely not a "long shot" if Biden were to win another term.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Republican sweep, where you got that from?

Reminder that GOP hasn't really had a good election since 2016, they really aren't all that popular.

Trump might get a narrow electoral win, about the best he can do, downballot republicans are screwed though, since they will get nothing from the RNC.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Anyway, Whitmer said "see you in 2029" at some event, yeah, she is running.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Agreed. Its about 50-50 at this point. The perception that Trump will win is based on largely bogus registered voters polls. Those numbers are likely to drift more towards Biden once more likely voter polls are released and the public actually have a moment to ponder the prospects of another 4 years of Trump in office. He could of course still win, but its definitely not a "long shot" if Biden were to win another term.
+1

Most of the polls showing either candidate up are still within their margin of error. We currently no nor will we have a definitive front runner between the two. It will be the margins that win this election & they should ultimately trend Biden's way by early fall.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
+1

Most of the polls showing either candidate up are still within their margin of error. We currently no nor will we have a definitive front runner between the two. It will be the margins that win this election & they should ultimately trend Biden's way by early fall.
It's also true that most polls around this time in an election cycle end up being very close to polls at the time of the election. We're largely hoping the polls are wrong, if we're honest. I can see the argument both:
a. They're wrong
b. They're reflective of a Biden campaign that hasn't started yet

But it would be ahistorical for polls to hugely move between now and November.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
There is a lot of wishful thinking and denial. The lately comments of 50/50 prediction says heaps while 1 year ago it seemed impossible that trump could win. That 50/50 is just a reflection of the deniability of what is going on and lie to oneself that Trump is winning this. The only thing that can avoid this now is jail, and that GA and others were suppose to happen by the end of 2023 and it doesn't seem it will go before elections

Trump is winning in the poll average for popular vote. Nationally and battleground states. He can lose by 3-4% because electoral college benefits him. Meaning that he has a 5-7% advantage so the margin of error would be unprecedented currently. Also, I doubt that the needed can move that much, specially between 2 that had been POTUS and we know everything that we need to know. Trump can't say anything outrageous that can change as he bases his popularity on precisely being outrageous and a piece of shit. Meanwhile Biden, despite the state of the union speech, is more likely that his image will devaluate than appreciate from here to November

Brace yourself

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I used to think Biden needed about 4% in the national vote too, but it may be he doesn't need the margin to be that big anymore.

I have seen some argue that with GOP running up the score in Florida, and making inroads in other states such as New York, the returns are dimishing for them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I used to think Biden needed about 4% in the national vote too, but it may be he doesn't need the margin to be that big anymore.

I have seen some argue that with GOP running up the score in Florida, and making inroads in other states such as New York, the returns are dimishing for them.
He will still need about plus 3-4 nationally to carry the EC. Hilary beat Trump by 2.1% in 2016 and lost the EC by 74. Biden won the popular by 4.5% in 2020 and barely scraped by with about 160k votes in PA and GA, without which he would've lost. So to win this time, its a pretty sure bet he will need at least 3-4% more popular votes (ideally 4) than Trump.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He will still need about plus 3-4 nationally to carry the EC. Hilary beat Trump by 2.1% in 2016 and lost the EC by 74. Biden won the popular by 4.5% in 2020 and barely scraped by with about 160k votes in PA and GA, without which he would've lost. So to win this time, its a pretty sure bet he will need at least 3-4% more popular votes (ideally 4) than Trump.
It depends, will the election be more like last presidential election, or the midterms?

Dems had an alright election in 22, precisely because of the things mentioned, GOP won the popular vote, but it was a red trickle at best, a lot of that vote was concentrated in a few states, not so much across the battleground.

Biden could well get away with like, only a 2% margin in the popular vote, though i wouldn't bet on it, of course.

The United

If we are actually going to look at a more specific stuff, he only needs to win in 3 or 4 battleground states to become president again. In that sense, polls from those states are more important than those from nationally. Obviously, he is not doing well right now in those.

I am not sure why anyone would be looking closely at any other numbers than those in those states at this point in this race.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I find it odd that the US posters are pretty much "yeah, it's a toss up right now, but we are not panicking" and posters outside the US are all "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!".

No one would ever accuse me of being an optimist, but, absent a major event (Biden major health issue/kicking the bucket/war/etc.) I am pretty confident Trump is not going to win.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
If we are actually going to look at a more specific stuff, he only needs to win in 3 or 4 battleground states to become president again. In that sense, polls from those states are more important than those from nationally. Obviously, he is not doing well right now in those.

I am not sure why anyone would be looking closely at any other numbers than those in those states at this point in this race.
thats true, but either way trump is winning nationally and battleground states. there are no positives

The United

thats true, but either way trump is winning nationally and battleground states. there are no positives
Not calling that it is positive for Biden right now.

I just find it a bit weird that people are looking at the national polls. There is a reason why these candidates select only a few states to do their campaigns in the election years.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

National polling numbers also inform his strength in swing states, so the higher they are, better chance he has to win those states. I'm less concerned where he is right now compared to in August and Sep after the conventions and before early voting starts.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Not calling that it is positive for Biden right now.

I just find it a bit weird that people are looking at the national polls. There is a reason why these candidates select only a few states to do their campaigns in the election years.
You are right. Nevertheless is a contest of popularity and this publicity helps as is "the president of all". Pragmatism is the battleground states, yes

The United

You are right. Nevertheless is a contest of popularity and this publicity helps as is "the president of all". Pragmatism is the battleground states, yes
Which is what needs the most from Biden's team in this race. Let's see how it goes.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Not like it matters, dem party in Florida is a joke, this state is not competitive, it was another uninspiring performance in Florida, i have heard.

Last edited:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Bernie Moreno wins the Ohio primaries.

Its Ohio, so no race is ever easy, but this is likely good news for Brown, as Dolan was polling better than Moreno, in the general.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not like it matters, dem party in Florida is a joke, this state is not competitive, it was another uninspiring performance in Florida, i have heard.
Two suspended campaigns receiving 20% of the vote is the focus of the tweet, nothing to do with democrats.

jrsenior

Bernie Moreno wins the Ohio primaries.

Its Ohio, so no race is ever easy, but this is likely good news for Brown, as Dolan was polling better than Moreno, in the general.
Yes, the Dems probably want maga republicans. Read that a democratic superpac even campaigned for Moreno as he was the preferred opponent.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Having said that, looking at the numbers, it's not exactly comforting that Moreno outperformed polling to such an extent, even though it's only the primaries.

Ohio is still very much Trump-land, it seems.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So, after a bunch of national polls showing a tightening race, lot of ties or slight leads to Biden, Selzer comes out and gives Trump a 7 point National lead.

Jesus Christ.

ManUtd1999

Florida is getting tired of the Culture Wars that DeSantis has been raging for years now.

Also, I must say that the lead of Trump is Florida, about 6% on average, sounded to me lower than I was expecting. Obviously, a 6% win in Florida would've been a landslide a decade ago, but I was expecting more. I also wonder if Florida is +6 for Trump, would Pennsylvania is +4 for him? Sounds to me a little unlikely.

So, after a bunch of national polls showing a tightening race, lot of ties or slight leads to Biden, Selzer comes out and gives Trump a 7 point National lead.

Jesus Christ.
No way. This poll makes no sense just like a poll showing Biden winning Wisconsin by 17% four years ago. Trump will never win by that margin, and I doubt that he would even win nationally by 3%.

Wing Attack Plan R

If you listen to experts the state of the union has never had any impact of polls, and is watched by less than 10 percent of the electorate: largely those already engaged and having made up their mind.

I'm less worried about that, and more encouraged that we're starting to see some of the policies and positions emerging. As we've been saying, Biden has good policies and needs to get the electorate aware.

Trump has no policies, and is currently furiously trying to pretend he didn't say last week he'd cut Medicare and medicaid.
Most Americans do not watch the SOTU address, period, but those who do watch are generally of the party in the White House. For instance, I could t stand to watch Trump’s SOTU addresses. They’ve become increasingly irrelevant and performative.

I find it odd that the US posters are pretty much "yeah, it's a toss up right now, but we are not panicking" and posters outside the US are all "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!".

No one would ever accuse me of being an optimist, but, absent a major event (Biden major health issue/kicking the bucket/war/etc.) I am pretty confident Trump is not going to win.
Trump has been losing every time he steps up. The 2022 midterms were supposed to be a “red wave”, as the party in power always loses seats in the midterms. Obama lost 63. In contrast, Biden lost 9. https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/sta...dlost-the-presidents-party-mid-term-elections So even though seats were flipped, it was a very hopeful sign for the Dems.

This election is going to hinge on a couple things in my opinion: abortion and Trumps legal woes. Abortion is an absolute loser for Republicans and Trump said today he would support a national abortion ban at 15 weeks. That is radioactive. This Monday the 25th is when Trump has to post bond or have his assets seized. So far he’s got no bond so Letitia James is going to tear his empire asunder. His entire brand is wily billionaire , and this disgorgement (and subsequent legal losses) will show him to be a con artist, liar, fraudster, and cheat. It’s one thing to see that in print and it’s another thing when half a dozen of his signature properties will be seized and sold. It will drive him insane.

The recent reports of Alzheimer’s suffered by both his parents could explain his cognitive peculiarities, slurred speech, rambling thoughts, and badly garbled “facts”: he could already be suffering from early stages of dementia.

Just like last election, very few people saw Biden as the answer to their prayers. However, his record has been very good, and his team are getting his achievements out in media buys now. People do not love Biden but over half hate Trump. Trump stans love him but they represent only about half the Republican Party. Independents will break for Biden and I predict a lot of old school Republicans simply won’t vote for that race. It’s not a time to be complacent but Trump has a massive uphill battle and he’s unequipped to fight it.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Ah yes, the Kari Lake-formula, a real winning strategy that one.