21/22 MUFC POTY Ronaldo or De Gea?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They're surely the only 2 contenders, who would get your vote?

Foxbatt

DeGea for now. Ronaldo has been terrible in some games while DeGea has been brilliant or good this season. If he pulls us over the CL line with another bursts of goals let us see.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ronaldo. De Gea has enough hollow by default POTY trophies. Let someone else take one for once.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
If I liked Ronaldo as a person I'd maybe give it to him but as I don't I'm voting De Gea. Fickle I know

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Dr Gea. If Ronaldo came off the bench against Liverpool and we somehow got a point out of the game, and ultimately top 4, then I'd change my vote.

arthurka

Can't pick DDG he has so many faults as a keeper his pros do not outweigh the cons. Same could be said for Ronaldo. So I go with Fred.

ForeverRed1

Ronaldo. He’s done very well in this shower of shite. Gave us something to smile about at numerous times of the season. Infact he’s been the only player I can say has gave me any sort of giddy feeling this season. Him coming back. Scoring on his debut. The Arsenal game, the two hatricks. Scoring like he did in the champions league. That free kick and the celebration, seeing what it meant to him. He cares. He loves this club. SUIIIIIIII

Viva Ronaldo!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can't pick DDG he has so many faults as a keeper his pros do not outweigh the cons. Same could be said for Ronaldo. So I go with Fred.
Not sure how you use that argument and then pick Fred :lol:

ROFLUTION

De Gea for me. Stable and world class all season. Probably the best performing goalkeeper in the league this year

Boy does he have to deal with a lot of shit from Maguire & Co.

Doracle

Ronaldo. Scoring 20-30 goals in this disjointed mess is incredible at 37.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
De Gea. He's only good at one thing but he's been good at that one thing all season and in this hell year that's enough to be POTY.

The context of how bad his last two seasons were helps too, it's impressive character to stick out the criticism and see off the challenge to his place from Henderson. Seemed unlikely he'd be in this position after that UEFA Cup final and all the criticism that was being piled on him.

Deery

Dreary
It’s a tough one, I’m on the fence at the moment will wait until end of the season.

Ronaldo was maybe edging it with his hat trick then DeGea pulled out that wonderful bottom corner save.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
In this mess of a season, the combination of appropriate body language, soundbites and general competence at his job gets it for Dave. Ronnie loses marks for inconsistency and general circus like add-ons.

MalaysianRed7

Ronaldo scoring 21 goals in this clueless, prolfligate team cannot be sniffed at. He’s the 3rd highest scorer in the league, which is absolutely insane work to say the least. But then again, DDG has bailed us out time and again too. I’d genuinely make it a joint award, but without sitting on the fence, I’d slightly lean towards Ronaldo. Absolutely no problem if DDG wins though.

Trequartistry

Both have been really poor, I’d give it to someone like Fred but I guess it’s about the moments and Ronaldo has given us the moments so I’d give to him

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fred or Dave, in terms of consistency. Ronaldo has had quite a number of poor patches.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ronaldo. De Gea is the reason we add so much pressure on ourselves.
In general, De Gea's weaknesses do hurt us in that regard.

We know he isn't the reason for us being so awful this season in particular though as we have his previous seasons to compare it to, where those weaknesses were still present.

In terms of PSxG/SoT the average level of difficulty of the shots De Gea has faced is higher this season than any season since 17/18, as is the sheer amount of saves he's had to make per game. And that's only because the fbref stats start at 17/18, it may stretch beyond that too.

For all his flaws, that defensive collapse isn't on De Gea.

Red Star One

Dr Gea. If Ronaldo came off the bench against Liverpool and we somehow got a point out of the game, and ultimately top 4, then I'd change my vote.
Pretty much this. DDG has been consistently our best player this season but if Ronaldo can provide some magic, grab few crucial points and anyhow carry us to top4, he surely deserves it

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
De Gea. No contest at all. For now.
If Ronaldo starts scoring in big games (and every other game is huge for us) which will bring us CL football then we can talk about Ronaldo.

Woodenlung

Has to be De Gea. Ronaldo has not been consistent enough to merit the award. It's not that long ago that he scored just once in eleven games, over the space of two and a half months.

He's having a Berbatov season from a decade ago. His goals are coming in hattrick batches and papering over his lack of consistency scoring.

Irwin99

Fred but Ronaldo is getting closer.

If Ronaldo keeps the goals coming then why not. The champions league group stage heroics and his performances against Arsenal, Spurs and Norwich have been virtually the only things to smile about in this wretched season.

Cantonagotmehere

I'd be happy with both. I'd probably vote for Ronaldo because I'm so happy my son got to see him play for United. Only good thing about this shite season.

luke511

Fred or Dave, in terms of consistency. Ronaldo has had quite a number of poor patches.
Fred's had a recent revival but he had fair amount of stinkers too in the first half of the season.

JB7

Ronaldo's goals have won us far more points than De Gea's saves have won us, without mentioning the times his goals have bailed out errors from De Gea, as such it's pretty clearly Ronaldo. It's not even close in reality but he's held to a different standard than others which is the only reason it's even a discussion.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
De Gea will probably get it but he shouldn't. He has to make more saves than he should and it's because he is poor at everything but shot stopping. I am 100% convinced that we would concede less goals with Henderson in goal even though he's not as good of a shot stopper...

Greck

Must be the hattrick effect because Ronaldo isn't actually having a good year, at least not since the CL group stage which I'm not sure is enough. His poor finishing in the new year killed our cup chances and in the league undid our top 4 chances in several ties against the lesser teams. Will concede he was good in the 2nd leg against athletico. Then he wouldn't accept getting benched so we were basically forced to stick with him at the cost of exploring other tactical solutions when chasing games.

De Gea isn't having a special season either but he gets it by default of having no real prolonged disaster period.