21/22 Season over on 15th March 2022……

always_hoping

I was thinking recently, the day Sir Alex retired could you have imagined a worse future than this?

You have to laugh or you'd cry.
I feared the worst when he left. Just glad i lived through the full Ferguson era and now knowing that type of success won't be seen at United again in my lifetime.

Andrew7582

At least we can do other things with our spare time now for the next few months, i've got some jobs around the house that i've been putting off doing.

Reynoldo

I was thinking recently, the day Sir Alex retired could you have imagined a worse future than this?

You have to laugh or you'd cry.
They did the stats here in Ireland on RTE for our finishings in all comps since he left, it’s fecking grim viewing :(

choccy77

Holiday time.

I can join the players, who've been on holiday all season.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Why are they repeatedly saying that "4th place is a long shot"? You're one fecking point behind Arsenal, for crying out loud. And the games Arsenal has in hand are all likely defeats. And you still play Arsenal, too. It's not a fecking long shot.

Bondi77

Let that sink in. Whilst our two greatest rivals battle it out for a treble and quadruple respectively. Who on earth could have seen this at the start of this season??
If our season is over I wonder how supporters of the other 99% of clubs in league football around the world feel????
What a fecking post!

Fooza

First ever season I can say I couldn't care less if we lose anyone in the team either. Usually I could pick 4-5 players that should stay but not this year - if we got rid of all, I wouldn't lose sleep.

lilcurt

Why are they repeatedly saying that "4th place is a long shot"? You're one fecking point behind Arsenal, for crying out loud. And the games Arsenal has in hand are all likely defeats. And you still play Arsenal, too. It's not a fecking long shot.
Do we look like a club that will/can win our remaining games?

lex talionis

It is in fact a long shot. We'd have to win 8 of last 9 our games to overcome Arsenal losing only 3 of their last 13 games and I'm not even sure that would be enough.

Let's revisit this question at the end of the weekend. If we beat Leicester City and Villa beat Arsenal it's game on, but we'd still have to go on an incredible run to secure fourth.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I almost want Liverpool to win it all so it hurts the players so much that we get a proper reaction from them next season with more intent and venom

I'm sick of this team

Djemba-Djemba

I almost want Liverpool to win it all so it hurts the players so much that we get a proper reaction from them next season with more intent and venom

I'm sick of this team
They've won the League and the CL in recent years and it inspired feck all from Utd.

The Irish Connection

Yep. Dilly-dallying on Ole's future after getting hammered by FIVE clear goals against our biggest rivals at home has cost us massively. That, and not signing a midfielder -- any bleeding midfielder -- in the January transfer window. I'm just so incredibly mad at how incompetent we are as a club.
Exactly. And we’ll do nothing about it.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It was over in the 24 hours after the 5-0 loss to Liverpool, where we decided it wasn't worth sacking our manager then.
That game feels like years ago.
So much other shit has happened since it all blends into one big bad memory blob.

el3mel

:lol: we’ve not even gone 2 consecutive seasons out the top 4 yet and we’ve won all the more minor cups. We’ve finished 2nd twice even. Try going through what Liverpool and Arsenal have. It’s complete shit compared to before but you could have imagined worse. Some United fans have seen it.
Man United : challenge accepted.

MrBest

We have no foresight as a club.

Ole never should have been hired after a fluke win against PSG. We've wasted years under him and when things finally crashed, they crashed hard.

The season was over a while ago. We were never winning the CL.
This summarise my view too. Was an emotional hire, like everything else at this club.

Skills

Snitch
That game feels like years ago.
So much other shit has happened since it all blends into one big bad memory blob.
There's a reason managers don't survive those kind of humiliations at the big European clubs - it just sends the wrong message to everyone in & outside the club.

It's about professional pride - and we told everyone, we just lack any.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Until we move on everyone currently on our books we will win nothing. There really isn't one single player in our squad that is a winner and worth keeping. They aren't up to the standard required or past there best.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He also signed Ronaldo and Sancho or are you just listing the players needing shifting on already :lol:
Haha. No, I thought I had just listed up to this season, but then there's that sale of Jimbo there, but forgot to add the 140m (all in euros from Transfermarkt) for Varane, Ronnie and Sancho.

So he's spent 458m euros and sold for a 123m, assembling a disjointed counter attacking outfit that desperately needs a cultural reset. That's his legacy. Moved this club backwards (which shouldn't have been possible).

Thiagoal

I just hope Ralf ignores all the players that are leaving in the summer now and gives some of the kids a chance! Nothing to lose really

3KDré

I'm sick of this team
I doubt they give a feck.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It is in fact a long shot. We'd have to win 8 of last 9 our games to overcome Arsenal losing only 3 of their last 13 games and I'm not even sure that would be enough.

Let's revisit this question at the end of the weekend. If we beat Leicester City and Villa beat Arsenal it's game on, but we'd still have to go on an incredible run to secure fourth.
Don't quite understand the bolded.
My point is, you're only 1 point behind and you still play them. So you can get past them by beating them. Yes they've got games in hand but they will lose those. As for the other games, you will drop points, they will drop points, who knows. Their run in is not easy.

padr81

Supports
Man City

I'm sick of this team
Your players don't give a shit about Liverpool, most of them don't even care about Manchester United.

Stepney73

My city supporting mate said to me when SAF retires we will become a nothing club and have no success. I laughed. He was spot on.
Tell your Bertie mate he’s talking shite.

we won trophies under the doc and big Ron before Fergie was appointed and still had the highest average attendance figures in the uk(even when relegated)while they where winning sweet fa.

they have been buying trophies year on year for over a decade but their manager is still begging fans to attend games.

finally where would they be if the oil money dried up?

Reactions: 711

Djemba-Djemba

My point is, you're only 1 point behind and you still play them. So you can get past them by beating them. Yes they've got games in hand but they will lose those. As for the other games, you will drop points, they will drop points, who knows. Their run in is not easy.
We're fecking dogshit.

We can't win more than 2 in a row and that's being generous.

We're a club full of players who know they are going, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Ronaldo, Cavani, with a manager who won't be manager next season.

It's going to be a disastrous end to the season.

UnitedFire

Nonsense. We still have the fight to see if we can get Europa League or Conference League next season. My preference is the latter as we might just beat Bodo/Glimt.
A trophy is a trophy right. Can we just get relegated and compete for the Papa John trophy. At least we can then compare it to Pizza Gate back in the glory days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

croadyman

Right now wish I didn't have someone's ST for the Leicester home game. Maybe will feel different if Arsenal drop points in next couple of games.

Schmeichel=God

We’re gonna lose Ronaldo and Cavani. Greenwood is already lost. Rashford looks lost. We have no centre forwards for next season and we went into this one a mess in defence and midfield. Newcastle’s owners couldn’t buy their way out of this shitshow in one summer.
This. :eek:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
We're fecking dogshit.

We can't win more than 2 in a row and that's being generous.

We're a club full of players who know they are going, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Ronaldo, Cavani, with a manager who won't be manager next season.

It's going to be a disastrous end to the season.
You were actually pretty good in the first half. And then, to have a tough time with Atletico defending a lead, what do you expect at this level?

Doesn't mean you have to throw in the towel for the rest of the league games, most of which are against much worse opponents.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Let that sink in. Whilst our two greatest rivals battle it out for a treble and quadruple respectively. Who on earth could have seen this at the start of this season??
I was going to say it's not over as we have this tense battle to look forward to.

VivaRonaldo85

If our season is over I wonder how supporters of the other 99% of clubs in league football around the world feel????
What a fecking post!
Why would I give one about those clubs as much as I wouldn’t expect them to care less about United apart from to maybe laugh from afar at the mess we’re in (if they were even bothered). Strange point.

Kaos

It was over in the 24 hours after the 5-0 loss to Liverpool, where we decided it wasn't worth sacking our manager then.
I feel like it was over before it started - namely when we failed to sack Ole after that Europa league humiliation end of last season. It was obvious that an amateur coach like him wasn't going to keep riding on his luck and would be found out and sacked eventually. We just left it too late.

Djemba-Djemba

You were actually pretty good in the first half. And then, to have a tough time with Atletico defending a lead, what do you expect at this level?

Doesn't mean you have to throw in the towel for the rest of the league games, most of which are against much worse opponents.
We've just recently come off a run of failing to beat Middlesbrough, Burnley, Southampton and Watford. 3 of those matches at home and 3 of those matches we got a nice early lead.

I appreciate you trying to be positive but trust me, we're really really bad.

We can't defend and we struggle to score goals. Oh and our midfield is really bad.

Paul_Scholes18

I will still watch, but fighting for conference league does not feel great. I really want us to play in europe though, but can see us miss it.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I was going to say it's not over as we have this tense battle to look forward to.
I am turning into a fan of frozen-and-sanctioned-ex-Russian-future-Saudi club until the end of the season now.

United Hobbit

It was lost as despite all the warning signs Ole was out of his depth we continued to persist with him and gave him a new contract

The players are heavily culpable as well

Bondi77

Why would I give one about those clubs as much as I wouldn’t expect them to care less about United apart from to maybe laugh from afar at the mess we’re in (if they were even bothered). Strange point.
Strange thread title?
Are we playing Chmps league or Europa or only domestic next year?
We are not winning any league titles this year......Scoop of the fecking century but how does that mean our season is over?

lex talionis

We do have a six pointer with Arsenal which we obviously need to win to have any chance of securing fourth place.

Let's see if I can do this on the fly:

Arsenal are on 51 points with 12 matches left.
United are on 50 points with 9 matches left.

If we take all 27 points from the remaining 9 matches that takes us to 77 points (please double check my math at any point). Arsenal would need to get to 78 points to hold us off, so if my math is right they need 27 points from their remaining 12 matches. They can lose 3 matches of those remaining 12 and still beat us by 1 point, assuming we win all of our remaining 9 matches. So they'd have to drop another 2-3 points from their other 9 matches, which is certainly possible and perhaps even likely.

But we'd have to win all 9 of our matches. Say we win 7 of those 9 matches, losing only to Liverpool and Chelsea. Then Arsenal would have to lose an additional 2 matches beyond the 3 mentioned earlier plus another draw/defeat to see us surpass them. Anything is possible, but I not only don't see us winning 7 and losing only 2 of our last 9, I also don't see Arsenal losing 5 AND drawing 1 of their last 12.