30 goals in all comps for Rashford - first player to do so since RvP 12/13

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I've written him off this time last season, thought he doesn't want to play football anymore but here we are now. What a turnaround. Let's hope Sancho does something similar.

What's with his moody celebrations though? Is it because United's not offering what he wants? He doesn't even crack a smile anymore.

Posh Red

We have such a poor fan base.

He literally played with Weghorst all season, Antony & Sancho who don’t score goals, Martial was arguably injured all through it -

and you still can’t celebrate it because a winger didn’t score 20 goals in the PL.

And he never had 2 bad seasons - he only had one bad season in 21-22.

Glad that a guy that stank up the place is smelling good to you now.
It’s a joke, and our online fanbase comes across as very spoilt sometimes. Having an academy player do this is extremely rare and should be cherished.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
We constantly faced the best teams in Spain throughout the EL.
I’d argue our run was harder than Citys run to the final
Sorry but City would have blown aways all those spanish sides United beat in the UEL, and Sevilla too as well.

And Barca was in the UEL cause they couldn't get out of UCL group stage, they wouldn't have done shit against City.

Let’s not gloss over the fact that we were in Europa and played all rounds of both cups at home. “First since RVP/Rooney” stuff is doing those players huge disservice. They scored mostly in the PL/CL. Against crap cup opposition they were either benched or not in the squad so didn’t have the opportunity to statpad.

17 league goals is all that matters. Good return but he has done it once before. Hopefully this time he can actually build on it and not proceed by stinking the place up for two years.
I’d agree with you but Rashford has shown especially in 2020/2021 that he can be lethal in the Champions League. So I don’t think he stank the place for two years.

glasgow 21

I sure if one of our players cured cancer there would be someone on here will a pessimistic/negative view on it.

Rashford is also incredibly valuable in the market, and our most sellable asset, so I would sell him. He is easily worth 100 mill.
Even ignoring the rest of your post, I thought this kind of mad take would have slowed down after our last couple of seasons.

When Rashford had a poor end to the 20/21 season, half this place had convinced itself that 70 million Sancho was guaranteed to come in and take his place on the left wing (it took all of four games at the start of that season to produce an "is there a place for Rashford in this team??" thread to pop up, before the guy had even come back from his injury :lol: ). Instead, Sancho managed to perform even worse than Rashford in a career-worst season.

Fast forward to summer 2022 (around the time of the "is Rashford really better than Saint Maximan?" masterpiece), and again, half the place was convinced 80 million Antony (his transfer rumour thread makes for some amazing reading in hindsight) would come in and dazzle us on the right wing as Sancho locked up the left, once again meaning we no longer need Rashford in the starting XI. Again, the shiny new signing contributed the square root of nothing after his first three games, and Sancho literally wasn't even there for one of the most important chunks of the season.

It's all well and good saying Rashford is a valuable asset - you still need to replace him if we do sell him, and despite what a lot of people on here still seem to think, there aren't many players out there that we can get who would be a significant improvement. We've just spunked 150 million in consecutive summers on two guys who are nowhere near his level. I'd take a deep breath before proclaiming we should just cash in on the 30-goal man now when we're already short in attack.

I still think a lot of folks just decided Rashford was a shit, technically limited, overhyped academy player back in 2018 and will twist logic in any way they see fit to avoid admitting they got it wrong, and the guy is actually quite good!

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Voted sell last season more out of frustration with the season we had but I definitely take it back now. He's not just got the goals this season but he's definitely working a lot harder and his decision making has improved too. Maybe it was indeed the back injury and the general negativity around the club that led to the drop last season.

Still room for improvement though. Hopefully he kicks on and hits 20+ in the league next season and 35+ overall.

Herman Toothrot

Carried the attack by himself. Some of the fans wanted him sold. :lol:
80% of voters here. You're never more than 12 months away from a knife in your back. The bravery of hiding behind criticism to shield yourself from failure.

Let’s not gloss over the fact that we were in Europa and played all rounds of both cups at home. “First since RVP/Rooney” stuff is doing those players huge disservice. They scored mostly in the PL/CL. Against crap cup opposition they were either benched or not in the squad so didn’t have the opportunity to statpad.

17 league goals is all that matters. Good return but he has done it once before. Hopefully this time he can actually build on it and not proceed by stinking the place up for two years.
They also played as strikers who took penalties in much better teams. Why are you being such a needless misery? If goals against Barcelona aren't good enough for you, I suggest you stop watching, or at the very least, stop talking.

ifightdragons

Even ignoring the rest of your post, I thought this kind of mad take would have slowed down after our last couple of seasons.

When Rashford had a poor end to the 20/21 season, half this place had convinced itself that 70 million Sancho was guaranteed to come in and take his place on the left wing (it took all of four games at the start of that season to produce an "is there a place for Rashford in this team??" thread to pop up, before the guy had even come back from his injury :lol: ). Instead, Sancho managed to perform even worse than Rashford in a career-worst season.

Fast forward to summer 2022 (around the time of the "is Rashford really better than Saint Maximan?" masterpiece), and again, half the place was convinced 80 million Antony (his transfer rumour thread makes for some amazing reading in hindsight) would come in and dazzle us on the right wing as Sancho locked up the left, once again meaning we no longer need Rashford in the starting XI. Again, the shiny new signing contributed the square root of nothing after his first three games, and Sancho literally wasn't even there for one of the most important chunks of the season.

It's all well and good saying Rashford is a valuable asset - you still need to replace him if we do sell him, and despite what a lot of people on here still seem to think, there aren't many players out there that we can get who would be a significant improvement. We've just spunked 150 million in consecutive summers on two guys who are nowhere near his level. I'd take a deep breath before proclaiming we should just cash in on the 30-goal man now when we're already short in attack.

I still think a lot of folks just decided Rashford was a shit, technically limited, overhyped academy player back in 2018 and will twist logic in any way they see fit to avoid admitting they got it wrong, and the guy is actually quite good!
You are referring to posts without really reading or at least acknowledging it in its entirety.

In your own words: "...and the guy is actually quite good!" <--- I wholeheartedly agree, he is even better than that, he is very good.

My argument is just that I don't think that he is a perfect fit for what will eventually evolve into a possession based, counter-pressing team. And that's just my opinion, and the jury is still out on that one, as we still score a lot of our goals on the break. I also might be proven totally wrong.

I also think he is prone to massive dips in form, and that he lacks the defensive acumen that is necessary for a counter-pressing side. Again, just my opinion.

I've never thought or said that he is "only" worth 70 mill. In my opinion, he has been worth a 100 mill for a long, long time. He is still young, he has a massive PR machine behind him, he has insane pace, and is a powerful finisher. His off-field social work and social media status also makes him a very marketable asset for any team, not to mention a huge swath of sponsors. And he is English, that's just a nice bonus for many managers. And for any counter attacking side -- just like we still predominantly are -- he has a lot of qualities to be a crucial player.

My opinion and belief is that if we replace players who are too wasteful in possession, and don't defend properly, we will end up creating more chances as a team. We might not have a winger who nets 30 goals a season, but I think those 30 goals will be more evenly distributed across our entire team, and that we will score more. Just my opinion, might be wrong.

I just look at someone like Grealish. And he is not anywhere near the goal of threat that Rashford is. But I think he makes the team around him better with his smart decision making and ball control. He sets up and links play in an efficient way, that makes the job for the other players like De Bruyne and Haaland a lot more effective.

Whenever Rashford gets the ball, it's a crapshoot of whether or not we will lose possession and be put under pressure again. He runs into defenders, and doesn't give the ball nearly enough for me.

Ironically, he did the exact opposite against Chelsea. And I think that was one of his best games in years, despite the fact that he only scored once. He just made the collective team better and more dangerous with his decision making. I wish he did that every game, but that was a very atypical performance for him. Hopefully, it's a sign if tactical development on his part.

He is just not my type of player. There are too many aspects of his game that I think are detrimental. But I absolutely get why he is adored by so many. And no one can deny his goal contribution this season.

Last edited:

ManRed

I genuinely think he plays better as a ST than a LW when not in form. In form he can play both positions really well.

Great achievement and helped us get Champions League.

Mike Smalling

So many goals were vital as well, given that we generally don’t score enough. Did it almost without penalties too.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Very happy for him, he represents everything good about Manchester united. I wonder how he would adjust with a central striker next year. He is better playing out wide, but he might need to focus on creating next year too.

If our wide players were actually delivering goals and assists, would we be looking to sign a back up striker and focus on keeping him as the main striker?

alexthelion

Yes. We should ban differing and unpopular opinions.

I think Rashford has had a very prolific season in terms of goals. There's no denying that, he has absolutely improved his runs and finishing.

I still am of the opinion that he doesn't score enough goals in the Premier League. And that his form is way too inconsistent, as it has been for every season since his debut. He goes through long dry spells every season.

And I think he is a possession waster, and lazy when having to defend or track back.

He is not my type of player, and I think he suits a counter attacking side a lot more than the possession based style that Ten Hag is known for at Ajax and FC Utrecht, but is yet to implement at United. I think he gives the ball away far too much, and has poor decision making.

Ironically, he was actually very good yesterday against Chelsea. He made the right choices, passed well, and kept the ball in the team. He rarely plays that well, even when he scores.
He was still lazy when defending though, but no one is perfect.

Rashford is also incredibly valuable in the market, and our most sellable asset, so I would sell him. He is easily worth 100 mill. I would be very happy to see him go, especially since his wages are way too high, which sets an unecessarily high ceiling in our wage structure, wherein more players will demand similar wages.

But, of course he will stay. Everyone loves him. I can understand and appreciate why, I just don't agree. At least I can agree that he is a very useful impact player, as he can beat defenders who are tired.

Poor you, for having to read a differing opinion to yours. If you disagree, feel free to actually argue and elaborate why. Or don't. No one cares what you, me or anyone thinks.
Totally agree with this.

He's scored a lot of goals, but when he doesn't it's like playing with ten men. I just don't think he's capable of adapting to a possession-based team, he's just not got the required tools for that.

cyberman

Sorry but City would have blown aways all those spanish sides United beat in the UEL, and Sevilla too as well.

And Barca was in the UEL cause they couldn't get out of UCL group stage, they wouldn't have done shit against City.
They might have beaten them all but we will never know since they have been playing worse team in their CL run.

ifightdragons

Totally agree with this.

He's scored a lot of goals, but when he doesn't it's like playing with ten men. I just don't think he's capable of adapting to a possession-based team, he's just not got the required tools for that.
Careful. The "Top Reds" on here that can't write a post without incorporating a feck/cnut/fcuk, will think you are "fecking dumb" for daring to not idolize Rashford.

It seems they haven't grasped how and why a well implemented possession based system with high line pressing is far superior to the way we have been playing for years. Yet they will agree that teams that Brighton, City, Arsenal, Liverpool (when good) are way ahead of United. They can see that, but not why or how.

They think Rashford would slot into City, and be just as good. He simply wouldn't. The number one trait of all the City players, including their back-ups is that they can keep possession, press and defend, and are press resistant. Rashford can't or won't do those things.

He is a good player, just not for a possession based side. He suits a counter attacking side perfectly. That's his game.

Just my opinion, though. He did show signs of good passing and decision making against Chelsea. That was by far his best game in ages for me, no matter all those games he's scored more. But, that was a very uncharacteristic performance for him.

If he can replicate that way of playing on a consistent basis -- which history shows he probably and more than likely can't -- I would love to keep him.

At this point, I'd much rather cash in on his high value, and use that 100 million to buy a ball playing, press resistant and pressing winger who also will track back defend. Those types of players are plentiful in Europe and South America, and can be found for around 50 mill. The other 50 mill I'd use to replace De Gea. In my opinion, that would make us able to play like City, Arsenal, Liverpool (when good) and Brighton. And if we play like that with our talented players, plus Harry Kane or Osimhen, I genuinely believe we could challenge even City. Then finally add someone like De Jong in the midfleld, and someone like Kieran Trippier on the right back, and I think we would have one of the best teams in the world.

We would be able to keep possession and dominate against almost every opponent, which is exactly what you need to be able to sustain a 38-game season to be at the very top. We wouldn't just be a good cup team, we would be able to challenge in every single competition, every year. Just like City. That's what we want, that's what our aim should be. And I believe that is what Ten Hag is working towards. We're not going to counter attack our way to winning the Premier League 3 years on the trot. Those days are long gone. We need to adapt, we need players who fit, and that's we will do under Ten Hag.

With possession wasters and non-press resistant players, we simply won't. That's my subjective view of how I view the game. I believe Ten Hag will eventually and inevitably implement his possession based style
And when he does, I can see how those players will struggle to adapt, and end up being detrimental to our development towards being a team that dominates the game, in all thirds of the pitch.

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Careful. The "Top Reds" on here that can't write a post without incorporating a feck/cnut/fcuk, will think you are "fecking dumb" for daring to not idolize Rashford.

It seems they haven't grasped how and why a well implemented possession based system with high line pressing is far superior to the way we have been playing for years. Yet they will agree that teams that Brighton, City, Arsenal, Liverpool (when good) are way ahead of United. They can see that, but not why or how.
Anyone agreeing that Brighton are way ahead of United is certainly not in a position to be calling anyone else fecking dumb, I'll give you that.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Totally agree with this.

But that's why you're not ETH and not a famous football manager.

Rashford is far more important to us than Antony and Sancho and you'd say they are better 'possession players' than Rashy for sure.

Id still have him over both of them and it's not even a contest

ifightdragons

Anyone agreeing that Brighton are way ahead of United is certainly not in a position to be calling anyone else fecking dumb, I'll give you that.
1. I never said that Brighton are "way ahead" of United when it comes to quality. I said that if we play like them with our squad which is already stronger than theirs, we would be even better. They are tactically way ahead of us, because we are still too dependent on conceding possession and playing on the counter. Huge difference.

2. I never called anyone "fecking dumb". You should read better.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Also anyone who says "sell our best player, because he is the most sellable asset" when we are struggling to score goals shouldn't be taken seriously.

There are few who really think possession team don't have players who loses possession.

ifightdragons

But that's why you're not ETH and not a famous football manager.

Rashford is far more important to us than Antony and Sancho and you'd say they are better 'possession players' than Rashy for sure.

Id still have him over both of them and it's not even a contest
You are right, he is not Ten Hag or a famous manager.

But, neither are you, or anyone on this forum.

So how your opinion is more valid or better than his, is just unfounded. They are both valid opinions.

The big difference is that you won't mount a solid argument as to why you might be correct. He does, even though he might be proven wrong.

If you actually read the posts, you can see that valid points are made. You can disagree, and think they are wrong. And they might well be. But they are just as valid as your opinion. And I'd argue they are insofar more valid than yours, because you haven't even made a solid or thorough argument yet.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You are right, he is not Ten Hag or a famous manager.

But, neither are you, or anyone on this forum.

So how your opinion is more valid or better than his, is just unfounded. They are both valid opinions.

The big difference is that you won't mount a solid argument as to why you might be correct. He does, even though he might be proven wrong.

If you actually read the posts, you can see that valid points are made. You can disagree, and think they are wrong. And they might well be. But they are just as valid as your opinion. And I'd argue they are insofar more valid than yours, because you haven't even made a solid or thorough argument yet.
He is red hot favourite to be named our player of the year.

The hate towards Rashy from many of this forum is just utterly baffling. Even when he's our stand out player of the season with 30 goals and double figure assists it's not good enough.

Same kind of people who keep saying Antony has been good no doubt. Shows how little they know about football.

DOTA

1. I never said that Brighton are "way ahead" of United when it comes to quality. I said that if we play like them with our squad which is already stronger than theirs, we would be even better. They are tactically way ahead of us, because we are still too dependent on conceding possession and playing on the counter. Huge difference.

2. I never called anyone "fecking dumb". You should read better.
1. You seem to remember yourself saying things rather differently to the post that remains visible just up there.

2. I didn't say you did? I think you might need to wind it in a bit.

ifightdragons

Also anyone who says "sell our best player, because he is the most sellable asset" when we are struggling to score goals shouldn't be taken seriously.

There are few who really think possession team don't have players who loses possession.
Yet again, you are not able to read properly.
And you also lie and put words in my mouth.

1. I never said "sell our best player". I don't think he is our best player, not even by far. I said he is our most valuable player. Do you understand the difference?

I think Shaw, Martinez, Varane, Casemiro and Bruno are our best players.

2. No one here - including me - think or say that possession based teams never give up possession. There are no teams anywhere 100% possession.

The best teams average 65% possession throughout an entire season.

We average around 52-54% possession.
That's roughly 10-15% less. That might not seem like much, but it truly is. The amount of less running, less chasing, less chances conceded, and more chances created within that 10-15% gap is very significant, and is what separates us points-wise from the top of the league, where Arsenal and City are.

If you've ever played football, you'd know that there is nothing more taxing, gruelling and exhausting than chasing the opponent when you are out of possession. We have to do this 10-15% more than City. And every time we get the ball, we rapidly play it forward and chase after it to counter, instead of regulating and controlling the tempo of the match. We use so much unnecessary energy, compared to better teams.

No wonder we sustain a lot more injuries, and that we often seem very tired in the second half.

I couldn't explain it more clearly to you.
You either grasp the basics of the tactics, or you don't.

Last edited:
Brighton play way better football than us. Even under Potter but De Zerbi has taken it to another level. They keep possession better and create way more chances. They build up play better and score more goals.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yet again, you are not able to read properly.
And you also lie and put words in my mouth.

1. I never said "sell our best player". I don't think he is our best player, not even by far. I said he is our most valuable player. Do you understand the difference?

I think Shaw, Martinez, Varane, Casemiro and Bruno are our best players.

2. No one here - including me - think or say that possession based teams never give up possession. There are no teams anywhere 100% possession.

The best teams average 65% possession throughout an entire season.

We average around 52-54% possession.
That's roughly 10-15% less. That might not seem like much, but it truly is. The amount of less running, less chasing, less chances conceded, and more chances created within that 10-15% gap is very significant, and is what separates us points-wise from the top of the league, where Arsenal and City are.

I couldn't explain it more clearly to you.
Log off. You're having a mare here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
couldn't explain it more clearly to you.
Sit down champ, you are like one of those posters who post on SI forums and think they are some tactical masters. Going by your posts, I wouldn't trust you to walk without falling down.

DOTA

Brighton play way better football than us. Even under Potter. They keep possession better and create way more chances. They build up play better and score more goals.
They are worse than us at football though. That is why they are 10 points behind us, further behind us than we are behind Arsenal, and trophyless after losing to... I think it was us.

This aesthetic ideal of 'better football' that produces worse results for them is not something to be envied.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Totally agree with this.

Yeah because playing alongside Weghorst is playing a team of 9 men then - and still then we came out on top when Rashford’s stepped up.

It’s just a weird hate people have to Rashford.

Every chance they get their wanking over some LW at some other club (like Sancho) & are not happy when we have Rashford who has played CF as well to help unearth Garanacho on top.

They are worse than us at football though. That is why they are 10 points behind us, further behind us than we are behind Arsenal, and trophyless after losing to... I think it was us.

This aesthetic ideal of 'better football' that produces worse results for them is not something to be envied.
I think the fact that they are only 10 points behind us after we spent £200m in the transfer market and they spent less than half of that, after losing Bissouma and eventually Trossard shows that ‘better football’ normally produces results that can override player resource.

10 points behind us with players like Dunk, Gross, March, Veltman playing major roles. Players worth less than a Fred. Playing that style. That’s a success.

EDIT: Taking this thread off topic. Love Rashford! :drool: Can’t wait to see him rip it up in the CL like he done 2 years ago.

Eric_the_Red99

The hate boner that some people still have for this guy after his best season ever - one of the best seasons any of our players have had in recent years - is truly bizarre.

No doubt if a non-English player had just had a similar season in the Dutch or German leagues, these people would be creaming themselves at the prospect of us signing them for £100m+. And yet they can’t get excited about one of our own academy graduates, a local lad, achieving such heights for us, having cost us absolutely nothing in transfer fees.

It’s just pointless arguing with such people now. I say just leave them to their weird hate.

Last edited:

DOTA

I think the fact that they are only 10 points behind us after we spent £200m in the transfer market and they spent less than half of that, after losing Bissouma and eventually Trossard shows that ‘better football’ normally produces results that can override player resource.

10 points behind us with players like Dunk, Gross, March, Veltman playing major roles. Players worth less than a Fred. Playing that style. That’s a success.
They are comfortably below us, despite having the luxury of much fewer games. The fact they've had a successful season doesn't make them better than us. They are as close to Fulham as to us. They are not, in fact, way ahead.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

You forgot one thing. The teams ceiling is determined by the players. For Brighton to achieve where we are, they still need a huge investment. Its like mobile phone. Phone A gives you a performance score of 80 for, lets say £100 which is a very good price. Phone B give you a performance score of 110 for £200, expensive but thats the market for such phones.

In an ideal world you want to pay £50 extra for phone A in order to get 50% more performance, even better than phone B. But thats not how it works. After purchasing phone A, if you want to achieve phone B level of performance you have to pay another £200 aka buying the actual phone. What you had previously doesnt matter, only that you can sell it to add to your budget.

You cant compare two teams under different expectations/levels like that. Now if Brighton is above us then I'd agree we are way worse than them.

johnnyteutonic

We have such a poor fan base.

He literally played with Weghorst all season, Antony & Sancho who don’t score goals, Martial was arguably injured all through it -

and you still can’t celebrate it because a winger didn’t score 20 goals in the PL.

And he never had 2 bad seasons - he only had one bad season in 21-22.

Glad that a guy that stank up the place is smelling good to you now.
100%. I am pretty new to the caf, and I really like it but there are some people here who are so cynical, and refuse to give credit where credit is due.
Rashford is by no means a perfect player, and there are things he needs to work on but he has been amazing this season overall, and we would be nowhere near the top 4 without him.
We wouldn't have the EFL trophy and we wouldn't be in an FA cup final either.
Good on him for turning things around after having such a torrid 18 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: roonster09
At this point, I'd much rather cash in on his high value, and use that 100 million to buy a ball playing, press resistant and pressing winger who also will track back defend. Those types of players are plentiful in Europe and South America, and can be found for around 50 mill.
I see everyone else is having a field day with the rest of your posts, so will just focus on this bit again: I'd love to hear a few names of these plentiful players. Because again, we spent significantly more than 50 mil on two of the most promising ball playing, press resistant, pressing wingers in Germany and Holland in consecutive seasons... and they look a bit rubbish, if we're all honest with one another.

You named Grealish earlier, who is actually someone I think is probably better than Rashford despite being nowhere near the same level as a goalscorer, because he makes up for it by being an incredibly consistent chance-creator and one of the best dribblers in the world. ... He also cost City 100 million to get, which again, suggests this idea of being able to replace Rashford with someone who'll cost half what we get from selling him and transform into a better possession team is fanciful at best.

I've seen Rashford massively develop his game over the last few years from an actual kick-and-rush merchant when he broke through to someone who can hold on to the ball under pressure from multiple defenders, cross, and shoot effectively from range (he used to be shite at this too) while still giving teams nightmares with his constant running. In just one season under a good coach, he's become exponentially better at pressing, playing with his back to goal, even heading the ball. I see nothing when he plays suggesting he's holding this team back from becoming a possession-dominant side, and more importantly, I see absolutely nothing from any of the supposedly more "ball-playing" attackers we've signed in his position to suggest we'd be a better team with them.

We need to get much better in possession and at controlling games, sure - the way to do that is to get a reliable center forward who can help us hold on to the ball, a goalkeeper who can pass and doesn't hide on his line all game, and a central mid who can offer what Eriksen does on the ball without leaving us a man short without it.

Last edited:

Herman Toothrot

The hate boner that some people still have for this guy after his best season ever - one of the best seasons any of our players have had in recent years - is truly bizarre.

No doubt if a non-English player had just had a similar season in the Dutch or German leagues, these people would be creaming themselves at the prospect of us signing them for £100m+. And yet they can’t get excited about one of our own academy graduates, a local lad, achieving such heights for us, having cost us absolutely nothing in transfer fees.

It’s just pointless arguing with such people now. I say they just leave them to their weird hate.
Innit.

Laurencio

100%. I am pretty new to the cafe, and I really like it but there are some people here who are so cynical, and refuse to give credit where credit is due.
Rashford is by no means a perfect player, and there are things he needs to work on but he has been amazing this season overall, and we would be nowhere near the top 4 without him.
We wouldn't have the EFL trophy and we wouldn't be in an FA cup final either.
Good on him for turning things around after having such a torrid 18 months.
Agreed. Rahsford deserves a ton of praise for coming back like this. Last season he looked completely out of place. When Ten Hag said only Mbappe is better in that position, I thought he was having a laugh. Boy did he prove me wrong.

It's also wonderful to see an academy player perform at such a high level and be such a vital part of the team. It's always great to see the youngsters live up to their potential. It has been a while since we saw anything like what Rashford is showing us.