30 goals in all comps for Rashford - first player to do so since RvP 12/13

NZT-One

Because City are outlier in every possible way, Pep teams are special. If you want to check, their 2 best attackers Haaland and KdB have less pass completion than Rashford but they are not wide attackers, so whatever.

Also why Liverpool, because you said this

Arsenal attackers are on par too, not sure on Brighton. Not sure why it is even relevant when I have added 2 teams who are very good in possession.

RashfordSalahGakpoJotaNunezSakaMartinelli
# of passes
19.5​
24.6​
17.8​
23​
13.7​
30​
26.9​
Pass completion
76.5​
76.30%​
74.80%​
74.20%​
64.30%​
73.80%​
75.20%​
Dribbles completed
1.7​
1.29​
1.39​
1.21​
0.96​
1.7​
1.96​
Dribble successrate
38.7​
35.9​
46.8​
36.8​
40.9​
37.6​
44.7​
Miscontrols
2.57​
2.98​
2.53​
2.76​
2.18​
2.25​
2.68​
Dispossessed
1.41​
2.13​
2.22​
1.55​
1.44​
1.61​
1.81​

You can move goal-posts, back track or come up with more mental gymnastics, it really doesn't matter. You didn't say we can't build possession based system with them in the team, you implied it and it is very clear in your posts.
Where have I moved goal-posts or backtracked? Mate stop it, you are acting as if I am out here trying to win some internet arguments. The last posts were the 1st ones from you that have some substance to it (in terms of specific things to talk about), I read them, asked a question but seemingly, that is already a sign for my ill intentions as well.

Is the data you shared from whoscored or fbref?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Where have I moved goal-posts or backtracked? Mate stop it, you are acting as if I am out here trying to win some internet arguments. The last posts were the 1st ones from you that have some substance to it (in terms of specific things to talk about), I read them, asked a question but seemingly, that is already a sign for my ill intentions as well.

Is the data you shared from whoscored or fbref?
The post that was all about how Rashford isn't suited to possession system that EtH is trying to build was the post you replied to and said how others are tone deaf and all that.

In the last post I quoted, you clearly implied Rashford isn't suited for possession football because of his strengths and in the last post you said " Plus I didn't say we CAN'T built a possession based team with Rashford and Bruno. "

Are you seriously saying you didn't imply that in your post? Or the post (that was completely about how Rashford isn't suited to possession system) you appreciated?

Anyways data is from fbref.

Good that I got your token of approval for the posts with substance, hopefully we see one from you.

NZT-One

The post that was all about how Rashford isn't suited to possession system that EtH is trying to build was the post you replied to and said how others are tone deaf and all that.

In the last post I quoted, you clearly implied Rashford isn't suited for possession football because of his strengths and in the last post you said " Plus I didn't say we CAN'T built a possession based team with Rashford and Bruno. "

Are you seriously saying you didn't imply that in your post? Or the post (that was completely about how Rashford isn't suited to possession system) you appreciated?

Anyways data is from fbref.

Good that I got your token of approval for the posts with substance, hopefully we see one from you.
No problem mate, I am sure, if you are seriously trying to improve, you can manage to achieve that on a regular basis. I promise to appreciate it whenever I take notice of it :)

If my post gave you the impression that I think, Rashford isn't suited for possession football, then I guess, my point hasn't been transported very well. I think, his main strength is his pace and his intuition plus timing of runs in behind a backline. (Main strength mean, there are other strengths as well). My ASSUMPTION is, that when we develop into a more possession orientated side, we won't be granted that much space in behind anymore (not just because Rashford of course, many factors and players are relevant to this as well). I think, when space is less available, Rashford might be one of the player in our team, to struggle with that. I don't know for sure, but that is my assumption. And that assumption was, what I thought the other poster had in mind as well. You don't have to agree with the assumption of course, but there are some things going for it.
And thinking about the potential of selling a player isn't completely out of order as well - I think, we could have sold Henderson for 40-50 million a few seasons ago but didn't only to (seemingly) doing it now for less of a price. Trying not to repeat problematic decisions makes sense even though I think, the poster overshot it in the case of Rashford (which was in my first reply to him).

I'll admit though, that having this debate within this particular thread surely has a weird subtone, to be perfectly honest, I was thinking until 20minutes ago, that it would be the Rashford performance thread so some of the reactions are certainly understandable, even though some of them are not. Calling for bans and personal attacks shouldn't be part of any discussion and obviously being on the receiving end of it, led to reactions as well.

I'll check the stats of other PL attackers later in the evening, lets see, if some picture shapes up. Kudos to you to be open about the issues when counting through ball, that was my first thinking as well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No problem mate, I am sure, if you are seriously trying to improve, you can manage to achieve that on a regular basis. I promise to appreciate it whenever I take notice of it :)

If my post gave you the impression that I think, Rashford isn't suited for possession football, then I guess, my point hasn't been transported very well. I think, his main strength is his pace and his intuition plus timing of runs in behind a backline. (Main strength mean, there are other strengths as well). My ASSUMPTION is, that when we develop into a more possession orientated side, we won't be granted that much space in behind anymore (not just because Rashford of course, many factors and players are relevant to this as well). I think, when space is less available, Rashford might be one of the player in our team, to struggle with that. I don't know for sure, but that is my assumption. And that assumption was, what I thought the other poster had in mind as well. You don't have to agree with the assumption of course, but there are some things going for it.
And thinking about the potential of selling a player isn't completely out of order as well - I think, we could have sold Henderson for 40-50 million a few seasons ago but didn't only to (seemingly) doing it now for less of a price. Trying not to repeat problematic decisions makes sense even though I think, the poster overshot it in the case of Rashford (which was in my first reply to him).

I'll admit though, that having this debate within this particular thread surely has a weird subtone, to be perfectly honest, I was thinking until 20minutes ago, that it would be the Rashford performance thread so some of the reactions are certainly understandable, even though some of them are not. Calling for bans and personal attacks shouldn't be part of any discussion and obviously being on the receiving end of it, led to reactions as well.

I'll check the stats of other PL attackers later in the evening, lets see, if some picture shapes up. Kudos to you to be open about the issues when counting through ball, that was my first thinking as well.
With all due respect, anyone who says we should sell our most important player or lets say our most important attacker is just dumb take. No, it can't be compared to Henderson, he is a nobody and achieved nothing for ManUtd to be compared to Rashford who has more than 30-35 goals + assists in 3 out of last 4 seasons.

No, that's not a personal attack, it's attacking the opinion.

In order for us to improve, we have to improve our weak areas, not sell our best attacker.

baskinginthesun

With all due respect, anyone who says we should sell our most important player or lets say our most important attacker is just dumb take. No, it can't be compared to Henderson, he is a nobody and achieved nothing for ManUtd to be compared to Rashford who has more than 30-35 goals + assists in 3 out of last 4 seasons.

In order for us to improve, we have to improve our weak areas, not sell our best attacker.
Agreed. Any "constructive criticism" offered after that statement is invalidated.

NZT-One

Again, go back and check my replies, I haven't agreed with the poster that that might be the way to go forward. To be honest, I think neither did he, he just raised the question. And nothing is wrong with you saying it like this, conflicts will emerge as soon as people go for "brainless" and "toxic" assumptions. And the achievements of Rashford, at least in my eyes, don't make the comparison to Henderson impossible. Both are players for Manchester United and both should be looked at, if it is unclear, whether they are part of the future of the team or not. AGAIN, I certainly think Rashford will be such a part but as the poster pointed out - his strength is his running in behind which is a trait that maybe will be reduced further down the read when we change our style of play. Nobody can predict the future and as another poster layed out earlier, Rashford didn't end all his season like he did this year, so endless trust is great to have but I don't think, it should be seen as the only possible take.

To end this loop - I will repeat, that I am very happy for him to achieve that carreer achievement and I hope, that the Coaches will help him to fullfill his potential.

edit: and fyi, I checked my post and I understand the misunderstanding but the "constructive criticism" was actually directed to the other poster, not a description of his take.