39 Bodies found in a lorry in Essex.

Rooney24

Just browsing social media on this guy. The amount of people that still cannot accept he may have been involved is amazing.

They keep banging on about how he only had the trailer for 35 minutes and couldnt possibly therefore be guilty. They refuse to accept that he may have simply been the last link in the chain - pick the load up, drive to an industrial estate, open the doors and let everyone out and then drive off. Job done.

No, because he only had the trailer for 35 minutes means he couldnt have been involved :houllier:

SteveTheRed

From what I read, online so it's totally crap but an interesting take.

When they are smuggling immigrants in these refrigerated units, they set the temp to -4c and convince them to get in and wrap up...however they don't tell them that when they get to the ports and get scanned, they need to set the temperature to -25c to get past thermal imaging etc.

This is only a short time, but it sounds like it was obviously never turned down.

Hope they all get locked up all the way up the chain, clearly the Irish guy is bottom of the pile but he is responsible all the same.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
From what I read, online so it's totally crap but an interesting take.

When they are smuggling immigrants in these refrigerated units, they set the temp to -4c and convince them to get in and wrap up...however they don't tell them that when they get to the ports and get scanned, they need to set the temperature to -25c to get past thermal imaging etc.

This is only a short time, but it sounds like it was obviously never turned down.

Hope they all get locked up all the way up the chain, clearly the Irish guy is bottom of the pile but he is responsible all the same.
Apologies for dragging NI rubbish into the thread but this guy's British.

izec

What is the great attraction with making it to the UK for these migrants? They supposedly went from Vietnam to China to Germany. Why not stop there instead of risking your life in a -25 degrees trailer from Belgium
maybe language, bigger community and some family/friends living in the UK already.

arnie_ni

Why is everything made about religion in this country?

Why does it matter if he was protestant or catholic?

And in response to the guy that aksed why uk when they got to Germany and Belgium, its apparently because our benefit system after they claim asylum is the best in Europe. Read this online so could be bull though

diarm

What is the great attraction with making it to the UK for these migrants? They supposedly went from Vietnam to China to Germany. Why not stop there instead of risking your life in a -25 degrees trailer from Belgium
You know the square root of feck all about the circumstances of their journey. I think it's worth waiting for the full details to come our before jumping in with opinions about where they should have stopped and got off.

arnie_ni

You know the square root of feck all about the circumstances of their journey. I think it's worth waiting for the full details to come our before jumping in with opinions about where they should have stopped and got off.
The journey, at least parts of it, have been announced.

Whats with the reaction?

Withnail

Why is everything made about religion in this country?

Why does it matter if he was protestant or catholic?

And in response to the guy that aksed why uk when they got to Germany and Belgium, its apparently because our benefit system after they claim asylum is the best in Europe. Read this online so could be bull though
These people being smuggled in to work illegally. My understanding is that they aren't going through the asylum seeker route and would be unknown to the authorities.

They are charged a lot of money which they don't have to be smuggled in and are promised good jobs which will allow them to pay off their debts. However, they end up as slave labor working illegally.

diarm

The journey, at least parts of it, have been announced.

Whats with the reaction?
I simply don't think there are enough details about the journey or its circumstances to be offering glib opinions about where and when the victims should simply have got on or off.

It's a short step from that sort of comment to the shite you see on Daily Mail comments about those bloody foreigners deserving what they get. Just an oversimplified and uncaring attitude which shifts blame to people who are the victims of an awful crime. It also seems to imply that Germany and other European countries don't see the hundreds of thousands of migrants that they do - as if the UK is somehow the be all and end all of offering refuge.

There have been a few reports of where the journey might have taken these people along the way, but we don't know anything about how they were transported or what duress they were under. The idea that these organised criminals would simply operate a hop on hop off policy is ridiculous and there's also the possibility that the people who had paid to travel to the UK had done so because they had contacts there to help them in their new life, just as those who pay to get to Germany do so because they know people there.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I’m only asking the question on an Internet forum to try and understand how and why it happened as it’s been something that’s puzzled me since. The families on the news have said the migrants tried to seek a better life in the UK, was just curious what the UK offers especially with brexit going on for migrants compared to the likes of Germany. It’s a fair question to ask

Rooney24

I’m only asking the question on an Internet forum to try and understand how and why it happened as it’s been something that’s puzzled me since. The families on the news have said the migrants tried to seek a better life in the UK, was just curious what the UK offers especially with brexit going on for migrants compared to the likes of Germany. It’s a fair question to ask
I guess the short answer is they have most likely been sold a lie.

diarm

By recent UN estimates, Germany has a higher percentage of immigrants than the UK does. It isn't a case that the UK is more attractive to immigrants or asylum seekers than Germany, just that it was more attractive or simply more accessible to these ones.

Perhaps I was too hasty to question your motives in asking the question and if it was just a genuine query then I apologise. It's just been sickening how many times I've read, literally since the moment the news was announced and the barest of details were known, people giving out about why these people are coming to the UK anyway - and asking why they couldn't go somewhere else.

For a country that has spent so much of its history going where it wanted, taking what it wanted and destabilising where it wanted, while profiting greatly from their travels in the process, I really think Britain could bite it's tongue a bit more when other people decide to follow them home.

GBBQ

It just seems like a huge risk to have a truck driver who is not in on it. Its a criminal enterprise with a clear paper trail (judging by the arrests) so it seems like an unnecessary risk having the final leg of the route being completed by someone completely oblivious to what is going on. I am sure that such crime rings would have any amount of people who would happily do these journeys for a fee, no questions asked.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Just browsing social media on this guy. The amount of people that still cannot accept he may have been involved is amazing.

They keep banging on about how he only had the trailer for 35 minutes and couldnt possibly therefore be guilty. They refuse to accept that he may have simply been the last link in the chain - pick the load up, drive to an industrial estate, open the doors and let everyone out and then drive off. Job done.

No, because he only had the trailer for 35 minutes means he couldnt have been involved :houllier:
Well I can understand that maybe he will be a decent bloke who's just been a monumental idiot and his friends and family are annoyed that he's become the villain of this case when actually it's those higher up the chain who are much more evil. Should still throw the book at him though so I don't know why they are calling him "innocent".

Rooney24

Police are now looking for two Brothers Ronan and Christopher Hughes from Armagh in relation to this. Obviously a very big NI Connection in all of this now.

TheReligion

Abusive
Aye if you trawl the headlines all the perps are conveniently Irish now. How about feck off it doesn't matter what nationality these death dealers are.
It does matter where there are from as it's clearly a large scale organised crime group.

Simbo

How incompetent have you got to be to report the nationality of the victims wrong for an entire week?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
How incompetent have you got to be to report the nationality of the victims wrong for an entire week?
“probably not Bulgarian” isn’t close enough?
I don’t know what documentation they had on them and Chinese are Vietnamese are very different in written form but without it it’d be difficult to tell, right?