69 Injuries vs 115 Charges | FA Cup Final Build-up Thread

Yakuza_devils

Not sure I even want to watch. It will be painful. But I can't miss a Man Utd Cup Final. Best thing is watch with a very low expectation. To me, losing by 1 or 2 goals with at least a little bit of fight is an achievement. The different in quality is just too big for both managers and players.

However, we could fluke a win if luck is on our side. City need to miss a least 30 chances and we have a shot reflected off Rodri's ass for a goal.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Who is back for this?

Rashford, varane, licha, Shaw?

Irwin99

Having Varane, Maguire, and even Lindelof back is somewhat comforting. If we play very compact i'd have no problem with Maguire starting as he's probably had the most minutes out of those players.

AndyMUFC

I personally reckon he's going to go with:

--------------------Onana------------------
Wan-Bissaka-----Maguire----------Martinez-----------Dalot
Casemiro-------Mainoo------McTominay
-------------Bruno-----------
Garnacho------- ------Rashford​

Amad's going to end up getting dropped for Rashford. I can already see it.

Cantonagotmehere

I'd go:

Onana
Dalot----Maguire----Martinez---AWD
-------Amrabat------------Mainoo
-------------------Bruno--------
Dialo-------Hojlund-----Garnacho

Rashford at any moment a front 3 looks out of depth

ETH:

Onana
Dalot---Maguire---Martinez---AWB
------------Casemiro----
-----Bruno--------Mainoo
Garnacho---McT-----Rashford

If he does not start Amrabat and we lose, just sack him Monday.

Cantonagotmehere

Not sure I even want to watch. It will be painful. But I can't miss a Man Utd Cup Final. Best thing is watch with a very low expectation. To me, losing by 1 or 2 goals with at least a little bit of fight is an achievement. The different in quality is just too big for both managers and players.

However, we could fluke a win if luck is on our side. City need to miss a least 30 chances and we have a shot reflected off Rodri's ass for a goal.
'That's why ya play the game' as someone once said. :) Have to watch mate, shite happens, who knows....

Yakuza_devils

Inject it to my veins

One already announced he is leaving before the end of the season meaning he is already switched off. I think he will not start. Let Martinez and Kwambala (to gain experience) to start and hopefully do well in the game.

croadyman

Yeah much as I want a managerial change I'm still hungry as hell to beat these cheating feckers

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One already announced he is leaving before the end of the season meaning he is already switched off. I think he will not start. Let Martinez and Kwambala (to gain experience) to start and hopefully do well in the game.
Is he though ? The others have international tournaments to look forward to. Who knows who will play at 100%

Sgreddevil

Onana will need to take some miracle pills to transform into peak Buffon to even have a chance of delaying the match until penalties.

Just hope our players will show some pride and give it their all despite the inevitable result. The fans at least deserve to see that.

Yakuza_devils

Is he though ? The others have international tournaments to look forward to. Who knows who will play at 100%
Risk of injury to sign new contract with new club. He can't take the risks while other players with international commitment have their contract secured for the next few years.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Risk of injury to sign new contract with new club. He can't take the risks while other players with international commitment have their contract secured for the next few years.
I mean, you can also be right. Every scenario is possible. I think Varane being injury prone is something his next club will take into account. They could have all their own individual reasons not to play at 100% for the final.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Tempted to just flooding the midfield with hardworker players, plus Bruno + Rashford up front.

----Rasford ----------
-----------------------------Bruno

Amrabat -- Casemiro -- Mainoo -- McTom

Give more freedom for McTom to go forward also.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Seeing some people not have Garnacho in the 11 is absolute nonsense by the way... He's played just about every game this season and has been relentless in his effort, and you want to reward one of the few bright sparks by benching him for the cup final :lol:

Rashford Bruno Garnacho
Mainoo Casemiro McTominay
Dalot Martinez Varane Wan Bissaka
Onana

Possibly the last serious games in the careers of Varane and Casemiro, so they must start if they are able to. Hard to pick the midfield. Amrabat has done well recently but I think he'd be a liability here. But still need added legs in midfield around Case and Mainoo, so going the Bruno false 9 route and leave Amad and Hojlund to be subs

Lentwood

What's the point in talking tactics? EtH never changes anything.

If we win, it'll be because the wild variance that we encourage falls in our favour against the odds

Irwin99

Looks like the false 9/no proper striker might be a thing and considering we've won our last two games and we'll probably pack the midfield against City, then it's probably the right call.

I still have no idea who will be starting at the back for us. Martinez and Maguire?

Von Mistelroum

Pep and City tend to try to make things look competitive these days so that there aren't to many complaints. I think they'll 'look out of sorts' for at least the first half, maybe 70 minutes and we'll possibly even get a goal (Hojlund). Then they'll 'find their gear' and win 2-1 - just enough to look like Ten Hag is competent and keep him in a job.

SER19

andy madley is the ref.

same ref as this season at Etihad. Got very little from him.

SER19

Very hard to see us winning this and not sure how we do it. My gut feeling probably wont be popular, but I'd be inclined to go (assuming some players return to fitness)

.................,......Onana.............

Dalot.......Maguire...Martinez....AWB

......................Casemiro.................
...............Mainoo.......McTominay.........

......Garnacho.....Fernandes.....Hojlund....

That's Fernandes as a false nine. In an ideal world, the rashford of last season is where hojlund is but hes just been so bad and chickened out of every one v one with walker this season.

Basically Casemiro cant make any recovery runs at all if we get behind him so he needs to sit fairly deep and then that means we need two midfielders in there to put proper pressure on. With McTominay at least youll get some physicality and energy. Out of possession Bruno can hopefully work back well enough to keep real pressure on rodri. We also need players who can keep the ball even for short spells and rashford isnt it. Obviously then we need to be a little bit more brave than we have been against them this season. Mainoo and McTominay are both good at getting forward to support, and hojlund and garnacho are both rapid.

I dont know, you need luck against them too and you need every player to have a good game.
i anticpiated a false 9 set up a few weeks back and it looks like we're prepping for that, though hojlund scoring in both games might turn ten hags head. given the form of wide players, i still wouldnt be averse to the line up above. Hojlund at the very least will offer some flexibility and something for city to think about.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

If we win, it'll be because the wild variance that we encourage falls in our favour against the odds
Well the last 2 games show that to patently untrue

Red00012

Looks like the false 9/no proper striker might be a thing and considering we've won our last two games and we'll probably pack the midfield against City, then it's probably the right call.

I still have no idea who will be starting at the back for us. Martinez and Maguire?
Martinez and Varane

Red00012

Have you watched the last 2 games?

Irwin99

i anticpiated a false 9 set up a few weeks back and it looks like we're prepping for that, though hojlund scoring in both games might turn ten hags head. given the form of wide players, i still wouldnt be averse to the line up above. Hojlund at the very least will offer some flexibility and something for city to think about.
Going to be very unpopular and will cause a lot of anger in the match day thread if it happens but I can see him starting Rashford simply because of his big game record and because he is our most senior forward. Obviously it's not much deserved but he might want to go for experience and Rashford does have a good record against City.

Onana
AwB Varane(?) Martinez Dalot
Mainoo Casemiro
Mctominay
Rashford Bruno Garnacho

:nervous:

SER19

Going to be very unpopular and will cause a lot of anger in the match day thread if it happens but I can see him starting Rashford simply because of his big game record and because he is our most senior forward. Obviously it's not much deserved but he might want to go for experience and Rashford does have a good record against City.

Onana
Mainoo Casemiro
Mctominay
Rashford Bruno Garnacho

Yeah I can see it. If rashford suddenly returns and has a stinker (he literally shit himself versus walker last time out) then it would be the final straw for fans i think. The ones who don't already want him gone

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yeah I can see it. If rashford suddenly returns and has a stinker (he literally shit himself versus walker last time out) then it would be the final straw for fans i think. The ones who don't already want him gone
Really, I vaguely remember him scoring

Reiver

Did he literally shit himself?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Onana
Mainoo Casemiro
Mctominay
Rashford Bruno Garnacho

Have to play the highest ceiling players in this game, and that includes Rashford whatever the rant gang reckon.

Your line up is probably close, but Hojlund will obviously start.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Have to play the highest ceiling players in this game, and that includes Rashford whatever the rant gang reckon.

I think that will be the line up, ETH has changed the tactics for the last 2 games and we have looked better for it, I think he's done this with the City game in mind

Irwin99

I'm worried that despite his form, he gets lost against City's elite defence and that Bruno/McTominay is a bit more fluid in terms of their role. It'll be an interesting choice.

The idea will obviously be to nick a goal on the counter and hang on for dear life. I just hope we don't concede inside twelve seconds again.

SER19

Really, I vaguely remember him scoring
Did he literally shit himself?

Yeah he scored, but that has nothing to do with what i said. He was too scared to take on walker almost every single time and to be honest without the threat of his pace in behind, he offers close to nothing. As for literally shitting himself, yeah i think there's a good chance it happened. It would explain his performance that day.