69 Injuries vs 115 Charges | FA Cup Final Build-up Thread

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Have to play the highest ceiling players in this game, and that includes Rashford whatever the rant gang reckon.

Your line up is probably close, but Hojlund will obviously start.
But how likely is his ceiling? How long have we waited for it? What’s the odds of it turning up in this one game?

Garnacho has the same number of goals and more assists. I also think he’s a better player if Walker plays RB… Garnacho is direct and I think he can skip Walker or draw a foul, Rashfords stop/start suits Walker. The issue would be physique but Rashfords not physical anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But how likely is his ceiling? How long have we waited for it? What’s the odds of it turning up in this one game?

Garnacho has the same number of goals and more assists. I also think he’s a better player if Walker plays RB… Garnacho is direct and I think he can skip Walker or draw a foul, Rashfords stop/start suits Walker. The issue would be physique but Rashfords not physical anyway.
Garnacho has dropped well off this last few games. But he'd be playing anyway, on the other side.

Yakuza_devils

Every players need to bring their A game. The manager need to stick to the tactics that worked for the last 2 games. Football God need to be with us.

City needs to have an off day. Pep overthinking on tactics in the final. City has no motivation to win this Mickey Mouse Cup.

GregM40

For those who live in Manchester and couldn't get a ticket, where are you watching?

I've opted for Broadhurst Park...

Yakuza_devils

Our best available starting eleven?

Hojlund
Garnacho---Bruno-----Amad
Casemiro-Mainoo
Dalot-Licha-Shaw-AWB

Subs: Rashford, Kwambala, Varane, McT, Amrabat, Erikson, Martial, Antony

Last edited:

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Our best available starting eleven?

Hojlund
Garnacho---Bruno-----Amad
Casemiro-Mainoo
Dalot-Licha-Shaw-AWB

Subs: Rashford, Kwambala, Varane, McT, Amrabat, Erikson, Martial
Licha and Shaw after virtually no playing in the last months as our CB pair means we are absolutely toasted

Red Royal

Licha and Shaw after virtually no playing in the last months as our CB pair means we are absolutely toasted
Yeah, more likely Varane. I'd also start with Amrabat over Hojlund, and hopefully have ready to come on at 60'ish minutes with the game still in the balance.

Yakuza_devils

Yeah, more likely Varane. I'd also start with Amrabat over Hojlund, and hopefully have ready to come on at 60'ish minutes with the game still in the balance.
Varane won't risk injury playing 100% for us because he needs to sign new contract with the new club.

Red Royal

Varane won't risk injury playing 100% for us because he needs to sign new contract with the new club.
I think he is professional enough and loves the club enough to give his all for a final. Whoever signs him next will know he is quality but injury prone.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Doubt the game will be in the balance then. If we can nick a first half goal like we did in the away game this season. We just have to defend for ourselves. We seem to of lost our counter attacking ability which we was so good at under Ole. Diallo needs to play as he can carry the ball and he’s so good in tight spaces.

Yakuza_devils

I think he is professional enough and loves the club enough to give his all for a final. Whoever signs him next will know he is quality but injury prone.
Realistically if he is injured no club will sign him. And he is injury prone. One bad injury he will be out for months and lost the opportunity altogether. The safer bet is Shaw if not it should be Kwambala or Casemeiro as CBs

Yakuza_devils

Why play a FB whos just back from a long injury over two players back from shorter injuries but are actually CHs?

(edit. And Shaw plays LCH as emergency which is Lichas position)
IMO, Shaw is a very good CB. He can hold and distribute the ball well. He was playing as inverted LB who slot in midfield position and played well. We need more players who can hold the ball and "press resistant" against City to stand any chance.

Kwambala is a young player and Varane has announced he is leaving.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
“69 injuries and 155 charges” is the working title of my autobiography. can a mod please rename the title before i have to invovle my legal team?

Irwin99

I was pretty certain EtH would pick Rashford because of his record in the big games and because he's been desperate for him to rediscover last season's form, however unlikely that was/is. Now that he's been dropped from the England squad, i'm not so sure. His confidence is probably shot.

Still, if you look at the goals we've scored against City in the last few league games they're pretty much all classic breaks or a long kick upfield. Rashford is still probably the best player for that tactic.

Red Royal

Realistically if he is injured no club will sign him. And he is injury prone. One bad injury he will be out for months and lost the opportunity altogether. The safer bet is Shaw if not it should be Kwambala or Casemeiro as CBs
I think even if out for months Rafa will be just fine. If not him then I'd opt for Evans, Casimero, Kambwala then Shaw in that order alongside Licha. Just my opinion:-)

Yakuza_devils

I think even if out for months Rafa will be just fine. If not him then I'd opt for Evans, Casimero, Kambwala then Shaw in that order alongside Licha. Just my opinion:-)
Actually, Evan is a good call. I prefer Shaw is because of his ball playing abilities. But yeah, his fitness may be a big issue

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I was pretty certain EtH would pick Rashford because of his record in the big games and because he's been desperate for him to rediscover last season's form, however unlikely that was/is. Now that he's been dropped from the England squad, i'm not so sure. His confidence is probably shot.

Still, if you look at the goals we've scored against City in the last few league games they're pretty much all classic breaks or a long kick upfield. Rashford is still probably the best player for that tactic.
it’s a no brainer to start rashford now. he has all the ammo he needs for a performance. someone will get injured in the england squad and they’ll be a call up. southgate is a spineless wimp and will bow to any kind of pressure to pick him if rashford downs city single-handedly.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
IMO, Shaw is a very good CB. He can hold and distribute the ball well. He was playing as inverted LB who slot in midfield position and played well. We need more players who can hold the ball and "press resistant" against City to stand any chance.

Kwambala is a young player and Varane has announced he is leaving.
I think he’s ok too. But I’d rather have a CH at CH, Shaw at LB and Dalot at RB (with AWB benched) than move Shaw out of position and play AWB.

git_united

No way this came as a surprise to him. Southgate probably gave him a heads up way in advance and put an arm around his shoulder to encourage him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Varane will play without a doubt. It's possibly his last big game in his career. A cup final. He got minutes vs Brighton to be his easing into it, I'd be shocked if he isn't starting.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I rather start them both. They are still the best CBs available. Hope their fitness is fine.
So you're starting 2 left footed CB's - one of whom hasn't played for a few months and one who hasn't played a full game in months - yeah that's a winning solution

Jimmah

Hojlund
Garnacho---Bruno---Amad
Casemiro-Mainoo
Dalot-Licha-Varane-AWB
Onana

Surely that’s the lineup ? Amad and Garnacho deserve to be started over Antony and Rashford based on the last few games

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I was asking myself today - would beating City in the FA Cup final make up for an absolutely dire season? And the answer is unequivocally "yes". I hope the lads saved their best game for last because losing to City after them winning another soulless title would just feel so very sad for footie.

leeroyTX

Shaw has played 0 minutes since I don't remember when. Is he even back in training yet? And you want to stick him in the center...against City? Varane will give what he has. I have no doubts about that. And if not him, Kambwala is there and Lindelof is at least in training. Plus, I'd do anything to get AWB off the field. If Shaw is healthy, he's back on the left with Dalot on the right, as it should be. I'm sick of seeing AWB, who might be the worst player in the EPL with the ball at his feet, constantly give the ball away with crap passing or even worse dribbling.

I'm hoping ETH sticks with the false 9 that's been working the last couple of games...and then bringing Hojlund on later.

Yakuza_devils

So you're starting 2 left footed CB's - one of whom hasn't played for a few months and one who hasn't played a full game in months - yeah that's a winning solution
Yes, both of them can hold the ball, distribute well and press resistant.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Hojlund
Garnacho---Bruno---Amad
Casemiro-Mainoo
Dalot-Licha-Varane-AWB
Onana

Surely that’s the lineup ? Amad and Garnacho deserve to be started over Antony and Rashford based on the last few games
You don't pick a team based on who deserves to play, you pick it on the basis of which players give you the best chance to win it.

The team listed above will pretty much guarantee we lose, it's the same formation we've used all season bar the last 2 games, ETH changed it for a reason and the cup final is probably the reason why

We'll probably play the same formation and team as against Brighton with Varane starting, Garnacho on the right and Rashford on the left, Bruno and McT will rotate as the false 9 and Case tyhe Amrabat role

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Those players lucky enough to represent us on Saturday will become overnight United legends if they score a winner. I'm going for Casemiro last minute header...

Just how fecking good will it be to beat the cheating bluenose bustards?

Come on reds.

(Sorry for swearing)

Marcus

Let's win this. Just be willing to suffer and fight to the end. I am sure we can do this.

ROFLUTION

“69 injuries and 155 charges” is the working title of my autobiography. can a mod please rename the title before i have to invovle my legal team?
Hope you recover from those injuries doing 69s. It’ll be an interesting read.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Hope you recover from those injuries doing 69s. It’ll be an interesting read.
sneak peak at the start of chapter 3 for you.
“she was 49 stone if she was a day. half of that her musk. i wanted her on top. three broken ribs later, the closest she got to it was saying she could smell it.”

ROFLUTION

sneak peak at the start of chapter 3 for you.
“she was 49 stone if she was a day. half of that her musk. i wanted her on top. three broken ribs later, the closest she got to it was saying she could smell it.”
Pullitzer worthy stuff.

Chapter 4: Why they call me rimaldo

Lynty

Tony Martial to come on and score a last minute winner in his last ever United game.

Martial FC to rise from the ashes of his career, like a phoenix, to make arguments all summer for why he should be kept around :wenger: