9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
ok not a current event anymore, and been discussed loads of times before, but whats peoples opinions now?

very interesting video here "loose change"

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
I watched that film, pretty much covered my views on the subject, very convincing stuff indeed.

RedNome

The controlled demolition argument/evidence is very compelling.

RedNome

Well, this discussion's going great guns.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I still believe all this conspiracy stuff is bollocks. For me it comes down to one thing. To stage such an act, hundreds of Govt officials belonging different agencies would have to be complicit. I refuse to believe that not even one of them would have a conscience to blow the whistle on it. It is not as if they all belong to the same evil family, these are people citizens of the same country coming from different places.

PTME

Reserve Team Player
Everybody who believes that 911 was some sort of gigantic conspiracy is just plain dumb. A bunch of half clever leading questions is obviously enough to manipulate most people into believing even the most outragious crap. Most 911-arguments remind me of those hate mongers that try to convince everybody that the gas chambers in Auschwitz were fake too.

golden_blunder

Staff
You cant call people dumb for forming their own opinions!

There are lots of unanswered questions posed which until answered people will always wonder.

watch the video, it may not turn you into a conspiracy theorist but it will give you some interesting questions to think about

PTME

Reserve Team Player
You cant call people dumb for forming their own opinions!

There are lots of unanswered questions posed which until answered people will always wonder.

watch the video, it may not turn you into a conspiracy theorist but it will give you some interesting questions to think about
Dumb people are people who believe in what they want to believe. Facts? Yeah right! Somewhere on the internet I'll find the "facts" that suit my beliefs best. "Forming their own opinions" in most cases is actually some weak assed euphemism for complete idiocy based on ideological bigotry.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I still believe all this conspiracy stuff is bollocks. For me it comes down to one thing. To stage such an act, hundreds of Govt officials belonging different agencies would have to be complicit. I refuse to believe that not even one of them would have a conscience to blow the whistle on it. It is not as if they all belong to the same evil family, these are people citizens of the same country coming from different places.
so in your opinion, it's harder for the CIA to do such thing than for ben laden

lynchie

Every argument in Loose Change has been ripped apart and discredited by actual scientists (rather than some teenage keyboard warrior) several times. It was a very cynical money-making scheme, profiting from the misery of the families of the victims of 9/11.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Every argument in Loose Change has been ripped apart and discredited by actual scientists (rather than some teenage keyboard warrior) several times. It was a very cynical money-making scheme, profiting from the misery of the families of the victims of 9/11.
every argument? like what crashed on the pentagon? why did the plane vaporized but not the bodies? and passports?

golden_blunder

Staff
but there are more than scientific questions posed in it

though i do agree with your latter point

reddevilcanada

Can you imagine what the consequence would be if there is in fact a whistle blower (if indeed this is true). It'd be stupid not to make sure the people involved in orchestrating such a thing keep their mouth well shut. If any criminal wants to do a horrific crime along with many other people, they of course make sure that nobody would rat them out, or at least give them some sort of incentive not to rat them out.

There are many questions that remain unanswered in that documentary like Why did FBI immidiately sieze all the video cameras that recorded the 'plane crash' into Pentagon, why have they refused to make those videos showing 'planes' not 'bombs' striking the Pentagon public? Surely it would be in their own interest to show those videos so that it puts all this debate to bed if in fact it was a plane that hit pentagon.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Guys, I was watching the news that day when it happened (sure most of us did) and when they were reporting from Pennsylvania (flight 93) there was no debris at all at the site, I mean we all could see the footage! Where was that plane, where were the seats, the bodies?? There was nothing there!

golden_blunder

Staff
why was there a surge of stock movement on United airlines in the few days before? sometimes as much as 11 times the daily average?

golden_blunder

Staff
Guys, I was watching the news that day when it happened (sure most of us did) and when they were reporting from Pennsylvania (flight 93) there was no debris at all at the site, I mean we all could see the footage! Where was that plane, where were the seats, the bodies?? There was nothing there!
another confusing question; why was some of the news footage seized??

Did you know that actually there was a local news report that said United airlines #93 actually landed in Cincinatti, Ohio along with another flight?

PTME

Reserve Team Player
The voice of the narrator is hillarious. He's probably 14. No wonder so many caftards here like this fake documentary. It was done by a fellow junior high kid.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm sure we don't know the whole truth about whatever actually transpired. We never do and never will with incidents like 9/11. For a start, it'd be dangerous.

Information would more likely be covered up to save embarrassment, or to protect certain bodies, than due to some mass conspiracy, which doesn't even make any sense

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!

Did you know that actually there was a local news report that said United airlines #93 actually landed in Cincinatti, Ohio along with another flight?
yea man, I just recently saw something about that Ohio landing! but what would that mean, that all flight 93 passengers are still alive?!

lynchie

every argument? like what crashed on the pentagon? why did the plane vaporized but not the bodies? and passports?
Yes, every argument. Most of them are based on lies.

They were at the crash site. A number of news networks went to the wrong place.

News footage was probably seized as part of the investigation. Evidence in a criminal investigation is not usually allowed on public broadcasts. The stock movements are believed to be linked to the financial arm of AQ (can't remember how to spell it). They have very significant assets under their control.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
They say that never in history a building crashed down because of fire. Even after burning for 18 hours or so (Madrid). Yet on 9/11 three buildings collapsed caused by the heat of the fire?? What you think about that?

PTME

Reserve Team Player
why was there a surge of stock movement on United airlines in the few days before? sometimes as much as 11 times the daily average?
The funny thing is that people like golden blunder are propably no stock market experts, however this fake documentary tricks people into believing that everybody is a stock market expert.

Was there some unusual trading activity? Hell, I dunno.There are a thousand possible explanations for this. Let's quote the following one. It's as good as any.

The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the "9/11 Commission") investigated these rumors and found that although some unusual (and initially seemingly suspicious) trading activity did occur in the days prior to September 11, it was all coincidentally innocuous and not the result of insider trading by parties with foreknowledge of the 9/11 attacks:

Highly publicized allegations of insider trading in advance of 9/11 generally rest on reports of unusual pre-9/11 trading activity in companies whose stock plummeted after the attacks. Some unusual trading did in fact occur, but each such trade proved to have an innocuous explanation. For example, the volume of put options — instruments that pay off only when a stock drops in price — surged in the parent companies of United Airlines on September 6 and American Airlines on September 10 — highly suspicious trading on its face. Yet, further investigation has revealed that the trading had no connection with 9/11. A single U.S.-based institutional investor with no conceivable ties to al Qaeda purchased 95 percent of the UAL puts on September 6 as part of a trading strategy that also included buying 115,000 shares of American on September 10. Similarly, much of the seemingly suspicious trading in American on September 10 was traced to a specific U.S.-based options trading newsletter, faxed to its subscribers on Sunday, September 9, which recommended these trades. The SEC and FBI, aided by other agencies and the securities industry, devoted enormous resources to investigating this issue, including securing the cooperation of many foreign governments. These investigators have found that the apparently suspicious consistently proved innocuous.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It could have been anyone moving the stock. Whoever did this, obviously planned it. You don't have to be a member of the secret service to own stock.

and information is usually seized when it concerns national security, probably because they don't want the same thing happening again a few years later. If something hits the Pentagon, and you need to find out what and how asap, it obviously makes sense to go around seizing any footage or evidence you can find

Spoony

The People's President
They say that never in history a building crashed down because of fire. Even after burning for 18 hours or so (Madrid). Yet on 9/11 three buildings collapsed caused by the heat of the fire?? What you think about that?

Apparently it had something to with the insulation or something.

The only thing I find hard to believe is that US govt weren't away of a planned attack. Didn't Mossad alert them or something?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I watched a huge building collapse due to fire just last month, with my own eyes, in less than two hours

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
so in your opinion, it's harder for the CIA to do such thing than for ben laden
It is harder for CIA to do so in their own country than Bin Laden and co.
CIA is made up of people after all, american people who suddenly don't go evil as soon as they become agents. As I said it is just not the possible that not even one man was against killing people of his own country.

lynchie

Who are "they"? And what precedent of a plane full of fuel smashing into a building and exploding are they basing this on?

ILBB15

Annoying Commie

The only thing I find hard to believe is that US govt weren't away of a planned attack. Didn't Mossad alert them or something?
Yes, and Putins people in Russia also warned them.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!

True, they said that the Israelis and the French sent warnings to the FBI but they ignored it.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Who are "they"? And what precedent of a plane full of fuel smashing into a building and exploding are they basing this on?
This was shown in one of those documentaries, with examples of building which were burning for hours and did not collapse.. And wtc 7 wasnt even hit by a plane but just collapsed.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
yea man, I just recently saw something about that Ohio landing! but what would that mean, that all flight 93 passengers are still alive?!
I think they were all taken by Mossad agents, murdered and buried in a mass grave in Zion National Park, Utah.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
This is interesting as well. I dont know it is has been solved already though.

"Why are there no Arab names on the passenger list for the planes used in the September 11, 2001 attack on America: American Airlines Flight 11, United Airlines Flight 175, American Airlines Flight 77, and United Airlines Flight 93?

Why is the "terrorist ringleader Mohamed Atta" not listed on the passenger list for American Airlines Flight 11?

We understand that the passenger list published by the Associated Press on September 17, 2001 is based on information supplied by "family members, friends, co-workers and law enforcement." How could "law enforcement" miss all the Arab names?

Yet on September 28, 2001 - seventeen days after the attack - the FBI found a curiously worded will and burial instructions, in Mohamed Atta's suitcase that Atta had checked for the American Airlines Flight 11 from Boston to Los Angeles, but which was never loaded on the plane.

Are we to believe that Mohamed Atta's suitcase bore his name, but his ticket was purchased under a different name? If so what is that other name, and is it on the passenger list? If the suitcase bore a non-Arab name, why did the FBI open it? Wouldn't it have been returned to the family of the ticketed passenger?"

http://www.twf.org/News/Y2004/0726-911Report.html

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This was shown in one of those documentaries, with examples of building which were burning for hours and did not collapse.. And wtc 7 wasnt even hit by a plane but just collapsed.
feck sake

Buildings collapse due to fire all the time. Suggesting otherwise is just ridiculous.

There are strict guidelines as to the design and fire prevention methods with any commercial buildings, regardless of size. This is mostly due to the possibility of them collapsing when on fire.

Don't be so naive

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
I dont think that 9/11 was an inside job. I believe that it was conducted by a terrorist organization. But the US government knew that an attack was going to happen, and they deliberately ignored all the warnings, because they wanted an attack against their country so that they could be given the rights to go into countries like Afghanistan and Iraq. Similar to what happend at Pearl Harbor, before the attack the US government had been doing everything in it's power to provoke the japanese.

RedNome

That's the bit I don't understand.

lynchie

Oh for fecks sake, some people will believe anything they read on the internet as long as it's a conspiracy. Nevermind scientific concensus, one news network were a bit confused about something so it must have been a government planned massacre.

And no the video doesn't give precedent of other buildings hit by a plane full of fuel. Airplane fuel burns at a much higher temperature than your average building material.

Status
Not open for further replies.