A-League All Stars vs Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

Want to see a really strong team to get a nice win, just to settle (unmerited but reasonable) nerves after losing the first one. Plus with a new manager the focus should be on getting to grips with his first-choice team and strategy more than trying out every combination under the sun. So:

Lindegaard​
Rafa Evans Vidic Evra​
Carrick Cleverley​
Zaha Anderson Januzaj​
RVP​
I wasn't particularly impressed with Giggs against the Singa XI, and making him play in lots of unimportant friendlies hardly seems wise anyway. I've never really liked Welbeck at #10, so I'd prefer to see Anderson in that role, with Cleverley and Januzaj also joining in when they see fit.​

Revan

Assumptionman
Want to see a really strong team to get a nice win, just to settle (unmerited but reasonable) nerves after losing the first one. Plus with a new manager the focus should be on getting to grips with his first-choice team and strategy more than trying out every combination under the sun. So:

Lindegaard​
Rafa Evans Vidic Evra​
Carrick Cleverley​
Zaha Anderson Januzaj​
RVP​
I wasn't particularly impressed with Giggs against the Singa XI, and making him play in lots of unimportant friendlies hardly seems wise anyway. I've never really liked Welbeck at #10, so I'd prefer to see Anderson in that role, with Cleverley and Januzaj also joining in when they see fit.
Isn't Vidic on Manchester? I think that he didn't travel with the team. So, someone in place of Vidic (hopefully Jones) and this is spot on. De Gea could replace Linde but it's not a big deal.

Shimo

It is being shown on Fox Soccer Channel in the States. A station, I understand, that is due to fold soon.

Yeah there is a new channel - Fox Sports 1 where footie shows/games will be moving to. They still have the UEFA CL Games.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
10:30 kick off for us here. Excellent. Wake up, watch United, enjoy the sun for the rest of the day. Sublime stuff.

NM

Yeah there is a new channel - Fox Sports 1 where footie shows/games will be moving to. They still have the UEFA CL Games.

No. The PL is moving to another network. NBC or MSNBC.

Shimo

No. The PL is moving to another network. NBC or MSNBC.

Yeah - that's why I said the shows are moving to Fox Sports 1 and as far as games they still have rights to CL games, so those will be on there as well. PL games are going to be on several NBC channels, including the Spanish ones.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Plus with a new manager the focus should be on getting to grips with his first-choice team and strategy more than trying out every combination under the sun.

New coach needs to learn as much about his players as possible. Its a pre season tour, let him do it his way. Who really gives a feck about the results?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As tempting as it is, don't think I'll be getting up at 5:30 to see United in a pre season friendly. Shame all of our matches are this early, will only be able to catch the highlights for most of them.

JmRssll555

I'm in Sydney at the moment, and there an incredible amount of United shirts around the place. Every street you walk down you spot someone wearing one, or carrying a scarf or a tracksuit top. Quite incredible how far the support of our club spreads.

A sportshop nearby here has even moved all the railings with the United tops from the section with the other football shirts to a spot right at the front of the store near the checkouts!

Hope we go out and smash the All Stars tonight, give the fans something to shout about. I'm planning on going to a pub to watch the game, hopefully it's a good atmosphere.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Heading off in a minute. fecking oath, so fired up! Like I said it has really hit home how well supported the brand is in this little week. Seeing hte lads having fun around the city is just immense. Couldn't be happier.

vivaronaldo

Not every day I say this living in Oz but leaving for the game really soon

Van Persie to play a role in the 2nd half but apart from that Moyes set to name a strong 11

Had a great week, autographs , photos, training sessions and the match now to top it off

If only every united game kicked of at 7.30 on a Saturday night..... Lol

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
What the.. Saw two guys lining up for a green screen pic with the squad in Chelsea jerseys.. Seen a few Liverpool shirts as well..... :houllier:

LR7

#mufc team to face A-League All-stars: Lindegaard, Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra Zaha, Carrick, Cleverley, Lingard, Giggs, Welbeck.
#MUFC Bench: De Gea, Anderson, Fabio, RvP, Keane, Januzaj.

Brightonian

Shame Januzaj doesn't get another start. Maybe he'll get on later on. Also I hope RVP gets a decent run-out.

Stickles

A League All Stars, sounds like a tremendously vague name for a football team.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Paddy is making less and less sense everytime I see him.

MUTV would be so much better if they had someone like Irwin as their main man.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Paddy is making less and less sense everytime I see him.

MUTV would be so much better if they had someone like Irwin as their main man.

He is funny, but he does bluster a bit. Will be interesting what he has to say when his show starts again on 12th August if we haven't signed anyone. At the moment he's saying we need a midfielder. If no one signed he will say we don't and deny he ever said we needed one.

Stickles

He's terrible and he really drags down the product. It's like having to watch football on a sunday at your mum's when your gran has pops in. It's almost unwatchably bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.