g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

A poor team, poorly run with no direction. Even pundits are struggling to stay fascinated by a club’s perpetual non-success

wolvored

Completely agree mate.

Murtough and the football departments under him will now be judged at first team level. Because it's gonna be them setting the directive and laying down the guiding principles for the scouts, on the profile of player to identify. And without a set guiding principle, a scouting network can't be utilised to it's full potential from what I've read, from people working in the game.

I could be wrong, but I'm excited for the future, because it's the first time in our history we're gonna go into a new season where someone other than the first team manager is gonna have control of the recruitment. And he's gonna have control whilst being supported by about 10 heads of department and about a further 60 scouts.

There will be bumps in the road, but I'm optimistic that conditions will be created where we will be able to build around a guiding principle where the whole setup moves in unison to create a uniformed approach to playing the game from the head coach/youth coaches/recruitment staff and throughout the club.
Yes agree with what you are saying. Let's hope the first step - the manager - is chosen right and then the steps after will hopefully fall right as well.

The idea we are poorly run is false, we just don't prioritize sporting success over financial success like City and Chelsea do
You mean finishing outside of the top 4 is running a club well with how much money we spent?

We were planning to sack Mourinho and Ole shortly after giving them long term contracts?

All of these players are leaving for free at the end of their contracts was also planned?

Yeah ok buddy..:lol:

Lentwood

Agree with it all, even down to the paragraph about Maguire which is exactly the argument I have made in several posts. Maguire is just a good player in a horrible side, with his poor form blown out of all proportion because it creates clicks and engagements to say 'look how stupid United are to pay £80m for this!".

The only bit that surprises me is that people are still surprised, or even care that much. As the article says, if you put XI better players who are superbly organised against XI inferior players who are chaotically organised, what do you expect is going to happen?

We're a vanity project. We always think 'the next player' will fix everything. We have no idea what it actually takes to build a winning team. We're obsessed with celebrity and social media fluff over actual substance.

What we need to do is take our medicine and really start again. Not just these token 'rebuilds' we have done recently, which always ultimately end up with us doing better for a bit, before making all of the same mistakes again. Our priority really needs to be to get every single player we have now out of the club, even if we have two seasons of bottom half finishes, and just start again, building a team of young, hungry footballers who want to play the game for the love of it, who would rather die than lose and who are proper human-beings too, the type you would want to have around in a crisis.

Trex

You mean finishing outside of the top 4 is running a club well with how much money we spent?

We were planning to sack Mourinho and Ole shortly after giving them long term contracts?

All of these players are leaving for free at the end of their contracts was also planned?

Yeah ok buddy..:lol:
Still profiting though

Still profiting though

Blockbuster was posting profits when Netflix came out, they don’t even exist anymore.

A well run business can sustain or increase profit year on year, we are about to post record low profits. We are in no way shape or form a well run business. We are just a business.