Aaron Anselmino

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Surprised there is no existing thread. Plenty of noise today about this guy.

Chairman Steve

Fits the profile of what Ashworth would have us be doing. Hopefully it comes off at that price as well. It strikes you as one where a team like Benfica or Porto would swoop in for him and then in two years, he’s like the best young centre back talent in Europe and being sold for £75m minimum and then we’re kicking ourselves wondering why we didn’t act on that at the time and instead either got some peaked marquee centre back influenced by Woodward or some left field pick influenced by whoever the manager was at time.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Fits the profile of what Ashworth would have us be doing. Hopefully it comes off at that price as well. It strikes you as one where a team like Benfica or Porto would swoop in for him and then in two years, he’s like the best young centre back talent in Europe and being sold for £75m minimum and then we’re kicking ourselves wondering why we didn’t act on that at the time and instead either got some peaked marquee centre back influenced by Woodward or some left field pick influenced by whoever the manager was at time.
Indeed, I look forward to more of these types of deals.

SAF is the GOAT

Hope Berrada maintained his connections in Argentina after he bought Alvarez and Echeverri for city

Lu Tze

I know nothing about him, but he looks like he has main character energy. So I'm all in! Let's go.

daba

Would be some nice squad planning if we sign this boy and loan him out for a year. We can then hopefully get Adarabioyo and Todibo in too this summer and go into the 2025 season with:

Martinez
Anselmino
Todibo
Adarabioyo
Kambwala

Would be a huge contrast to our current group of CBs physically for the system we want to play.

Chairman Steve

Hope Berrada maintained his connections in Argentina after he bought Alvarez and Echeverri for city
We already have a reportedly excellent South America scout in Mayorga, who probably scouted this guy but under the INEOS structure and their philosophy of ‘We want to find the next Mbappe, not get Mbappe’ (paraphrasing Ratcliffe himself), it’s more likely that his advice will be acted on than it used too.

OleGunnar20

No idea who this guy is but like 99% of us around here - these are the type of deals I've been dying for is to rebuild around. Pick up the best young talent before they hit the likes of Benfica & Brighton and scatter in the odd big money signing to help knit things together.

I'm away to watch some YouTube.

Wrecking ralf

We got any Boca fans who watch him regularly? Hard to get a judgement on these type of players. YouTube isn’t to be trusted

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Has this mpb account stopped grifting and promoting other accounts for money yet? Think I unfollowed about a year ago because they were terrible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Punting on all these sources being gossip nonsense that's probably why

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
It’s all great finding these talents but we should be first putting our money to immediately improving our first team squad. Not someone who we will loan out. These sort of deals can come in when we have our first team sorted.

daba

It’s all great finding these talents but we should be first putting our money to immediately improving our first team squad. Not someone who we will loan out. These sort of deals can come in when we have our first team sorted.
If our scouts are very confident in the player I don’t have an issue with it. I understand the main squad needs attention too but we need to start building for long-term success.

If he’s the real deal I’m happy to extend Evans / Varane another year.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Boca fan here, he just played a couple of first team games. He was incredible in youngsters and has an aura of a trully remarkable player.
But I do not like all this fuzz around him, it's not sane, he has to develope in time and at least have one season under his belt.
PD:also as a Boca fan I trully hate this constant bleeding and if now we can't even keep players with two matches in primera, it totally sucks.

Red Comet

Players that can improve our first team don't come cheap. And we don't exactly have a great record of doing that.

Prospects are much "cheaper" (relatively speaking) and so far it seems we do better at developing them for our first team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Boca fan here, he just played a couple of first team games. He was incredible in youngsters and has an aura of a trully remarkable player.
But I do not like all this fuzz around him, it's not sane, he has to develope in time and at least have one season under his belt.
PD:also as a Boca fan I trully hate this constant bleeding and if now we can't even keep players with two matches in primera, it totally sucks.
I mean you’re getting a pretty penny for your troubles. The game is the game, unfortunately.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
First of all these sort of talent can really surprise you. Think of when we bought that 23 year old striker from Molde, that 27 year old CB from Besiktas and the 'bargain of the century' GK from Brondby. Secondly in my opinion United's main priority is to have a season were we don't run out of LBs, strikers etc. There's too much deadwood and too many players whom while good in theory tend to feck off in the treatment room never to return. That will of course stretch the budget to the limit which means we will be forced to rely on cheap punts and free transfers.That's not the end of the world either. Half of Inter's team is built like that and they reached the CL finals

Rojofiam

First of all these sort of talent can really surprise you. Think of when we bought that 23 year old striker from Molde, that 27 year old CB from Besiktas and the 'bargain of the century' GK from Brondby. Secondly in my opinion United's main priority is to have a season were we don't run out of LBs, strikers etc. There's too much deadwood and too many players whom while good in theory tend to feck off in the treatment room never to return. That will of course stretch the budget to the limit which means we will be forced to rely on cheap punts and free transfers.That's not the end of the world either. Half of Inter's team is built like that and they reached the CL finals
Because they got a piss easy run to the finals, and it's sustainable domestically when you already have one of the best squads in Serie A.

You aren't getting anywhere in the PL, if you only target free transfers and unknown teenagers for peanuts.

Teja

Oh the mess it'll create if we manage to sign this guy, loan him to Nice and make that a condition to get a cut price deal for Todibo. I don't like the way this multi-club thing is going.

But hey, for once it's us taking advantage of the loophole rather than the Citys and the Red Bulls of the world.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I have a great deal of sympathy for this perspective. As a fan of a wealthy club, we sometimes take for granted our “right” to hoover up these talents. Because if we don’t, someone else will. But for fans of that club, it must rightly suck as you say. Boca isn’t a small club by any measure, but the power of economics mean that European clubs just plunder all the best South American talent before they are 21.

devilish

Because they got a piss easy run to the finals, and it's sustainable domestically when you already have one of the best squads in Serie A.

You aren't getting anywhere in the PL, if you only target free transfers and unknown teenagers for peanuts.
I agree that you can't rely solely on it but there is quite some good talent available that way. Also note that if Inter had to play against United then we'll probably lose

mav_9me

I feel for ya. But as you've seen our transfers and how much we've wasted, these type of signings are the only way for us to get back to the top

Rojofiam

I agree that you can't rely solely on it but there is quite some good talent available that way. Also note that if Inter had to play against United then we'll probably lose
Our transfer policy has to be a mixture of buying hidden gems for reasonable prices, both teenage talents (potentially Anselimino, Zambrano, Pafundi, etc.) or older players, who are ready to contribute from day one (your examples of Johnsen, Schmeichel, Ole fall into this category), and sometimes breaking the bank for exceptional young talents, or older, already established top players

devilish

Our transfer policy has to be a mixture of buying hidden gems for reasonable prices, both teenage talents (potentially Anselimino, Zambrano, Pafundi, etc.) or older players, who are ready to contribute from day one (your examples of Johnsen, Schmeichel, Ole fall into this category), and sometimes breaking the bank for exceptional young talents, or older, already established top players
I am not arguing against that at all. Its all about using the right tools accordingly. For example it would be madness to spend silly money on squad players especially considering the rebuild we need. Quite frankly as long as the salary/fee is right then I'd rather have a player on the cheap on the bench whose available most of the time and can do a half decent job in his natural position rather then spend the entire season without a LB or having to run Hojlund to the ground. Also as said we shouldn't look down at free transfers either. Onana, Calhanoglu and Thuram were, at one point, free transfers

TsuWave

Argentina and France should be our two main markets, imo

a lot of quality there