Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

I felt this in his earlier games and I still feel it that he'll be a more expensive Darmian. Very very good in defense but not the dynamite we need going forward. Every top team has atleast one full back that contributes massively to attack and unfortunately we still don't have one.
I think we are asking alot now.. we barely have attackers and midfielders who contribute going forward.

Full backs look good when you have good attacking players because they supplement the play but at the moment we are looking at our full backs for creativity. But how can you expect a full back to be creative when we have no one who can head the ball.

There is a perception that you need to be tall to be able to header.. Look how many goals Liverpool and Man City score from set pieces and crosses and you could argue they are the least likely to do so on paper.

Aguero, Mane, Firminho can all position themselves well to win headers.

Rashford, Pogba, Marital can barely get a header on target.

el3mel

I don't understand the criticism of this guy. Sure he was hesitant to cross it at times however that seemed to be the case for all of our players who found themselves in a crossing position. He still had a couple of decent crosses that led to chances. The bigger issue is the lack of a right winger - a fullback overlapping should not be providing all the attacking, only supplementing the winger.

On the other hand he is a monster defensively. There seems to be some criticism of his sliding tackles. Come on guys, get a grip. It's been a long time since I've since someone slide tackle fairly and cleanly so consistently. Wingers know this so it makes them afraid to attack his side as they don't want to be clattered. Maybe the solution for the team is bringing in a top quality attacking LB.
We aren't going to keep praising his defensive side for ever. At one point the "new signing" tag falls and we start looking at his positives and negatives as a player. He's definitely lacking in the offensive side and it was a concern even before signing him. Yes, he's magnificent defensively, but we aren't going to talk about that only after every game.

He needs to improve on what he lacks and he's is still young enough to work on this.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We aren't going to keep praising his defensive side for ever. At one point the "new signing" tag falls and we start looking at his positives and negatives as a player. He's definitely lacking in the offensive side and it was a concern even before signing him. Yes, he's magnificent defensively, but we aren't going to talk about that only after every game.

He needs to improve on what he lacks and he's is still young enough to work on this.
He needs a RW in front of him

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He needs to play under attacking coach to learn how to play in attack. As much he is excellent in defence( really i can't remember when he did anything wrong there), he is pretty average in attack and there is no big difference between him and Valencia in that area. Modern full back must play in both sides of the pitch.
I am not blaming him for lack activity in attack. In Palace he played in defensive role, now he is also playing in defensive role so he just didn't have chance to learn attacking moves.

He needs to play under attacking coach to learn how to play in attack. As much he is excellent in defence( really i can't remember when he did anything wrong there), he is pretty average in attack and there is no big difference between him and Valencia in that area. Modern full back must play in both sides of the pitch.
I am not blaming him for lack activity in attack. In Palace he played in defensive role, now he is also playing in defensive role so he just didn't have chance to learn attacking moves.
Someone like Poch would work wonders, both Walker and Rose looked horrible before he got his hands on them. Good coaching would help him immensely.

Art

Art the artist
We have to hire a new fitness director or something. This is beyond ridiculous.

lysglimt

Scout
Would go 3-5-2 with Tuanzebe, VL and Maguire in defence. James and Young on the flanks. McTominay, Pogba and Lingard in central midfield and Rashford and Greenwood up front

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Rojo will play at LB.

For all his rhetoric about youth OgS won’t throw a youngster into this game.
All his rhetoric? I'm not saying he'll play Williams but it's abundantly clear he has a commitment to playing youth players.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Would go 3-5-2 with Tuanzebe, VL and Maguire in defence. James and Young on the flanks. McTominay, Pogba and Lingard in central midfield and Rashford and Greenwood up front
I'd quite like to see that.

SATA

Not even sure why he played in the league cup. Could have just left him out and now this. Anyway did the injury happened during training or what?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Wouldn't mind that at all. Get Ole on the blower.

RedDevilRoshi

This is beyond fecking ridiculous now!

What on Earth are we doing that is resulting in all these injuries?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
ill tonight not injured

Still a fecking joke, who's passing the lurgies around in Carrington?

red4ever 79

On Aaron Wan-Bissaka's exclusion: "He has been ill over the weekend so that was a decision we finally made yesterday. Hopefully we will have him back soon.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not good he's ill, but certainly better than a classic United defender injury jinx

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty blatant how much he provides defensively as he misses a game and we suddenly leak openings and space down the flanks.

romufc

Pretty blatant how much he provides defensively as he misses a game and we suddenly leak openings and space down the flanks.
Its because you have Ashley Young positioning his body the way he will pass 10 mins before he actually passes, no surprises the ball gets intercepted.

Thiagoal

Where’d the boy disappear to? What’s up with him? Not seen it mentioned anywhere

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
More important to the defence than Maguire

Giggsyking

when we are pressing high, he is the only player I trust that can break a counter attack against us nice and clean.

Velvet Revolver

We need to first have proper attackers in the squad. Blaming a full back for lack of being 'offensive' when our entire offensive unit sucks is harsh!

Status
Not open for further replies.