Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure why he is getting so much criticism. He doesn't cross the ball many times but he picks his moments. He played 2 good crosses, even against West Ham or before that he played good cross into dangerous area. Crosses won't meet the attacker magically, attackers should attack the ball.

Check Inter's goal yesterday, if D'Ambrosio wasn't brave enough and attacked the ball it would have been considered as poor cross.

Rake

RB is the position I`m least worried about right now, at least when he playes. He might not be incredible in attack but he makes runs, is willing to take players on and ofter gets in good crossing positions. He could have had an assist, had Greenwood scored.

The potential is clearly there but there is work to be done in training.

Winmove

Back then people on twitter keep telling me how a baller like Thomas Meunier is worse than this sliding tackle merchant.

Kostov

Not the best of games, and imo he fecked up for their goal the most. He will learn and I love his commitment, he will do great for us.

jackal&hyde

What i've noticed is that he gets in to good positions in attack, but then does nothing of importance most of the time; he usually just passes back to the winger or the closest player. Needs to put more low balls in to the box imo.

thepolice123

Another player set up to fail with his inabilities on show for all to see.

This team is becoming a bigger joke than it already was.
Exactly. Our attack is so fecking predictable and easy to defend against. The moment they defend deep we are good as fecked. Our typical rubbish play would be to circulate the ball around the box until we find the RB in space and hope he does something. They'll just send someone out to quickly close him down and swarm the box. Our RB will have no choice but to pass it back or make a risky play and attack the defender. If he fails we get countered immediately.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What i've noticed is that he gets in to good positions in attack, but then does nothing of importance most of the time; he usually just passes back to the winger or the closest player. Needs to put more low balls in to the box imo.
Putting more balls into the box for our midgets strikers who have poor off the ball movement would help no one.

Not sure why he is getting so much criticism. He doesn't cross the ball many times but he picks his moments. He played 2 good crosses, even against West Ham or before that he played good cross into dangerous area. Crosses won't meet the attacker magically, attackers should attack the ball.

Check Inter's goal yesterday, if D'Ambrosio wasn't brave enough and attacked the ball it would have been considered as poor cross.
This. Crossing for the sake of it is just madness to me. Wing play has to be a general tactics that involves more than just whipping it in, there has to be movement inside the box and players willing to meet the ball.

Dan_F

Maybe it’s just that the whole team is out of form, low on confidence and shit tactically.

jackal&hyde

Putting more balls into the box for our midgets strikers who have poor off the ball movement would help no one.

This. Crossing for the sake of it is just madness to me. Wing play has to be a general tactics that involves more than just whipping it in, there has to be movement inside the box and players willing to meet the ball.
I agree with you but at times we do get 4 players in to the box and a 4th at the 11m point; putting a low cross or cut back would be more beneficial then looking for the easy pass to the closest player. I'm not just putting this on him though, the forwards are to blame too as is potentially the coaching/ play patterns. We've had this problem for a long time and i'm only writing this in the Bissaka thread because i like him so much and i have high expectations. Wonderful player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I agree with you but at times we do get 4 players in to the box and a 4th at the 11m point; putting a low cross or cut back would be more beneficial then looking for the easy pass to the closest player. I'm not just putting this on him though, the forwards are to blame too as is potentially the coaching/ play patterns. We've had this problem for a long time and i'm only writing this in the Bissaka thread because i like him so much and i have high expectations. Wonderful player.
I suppose this is something he will have to learn. He's a good player but far from the finished article, defensively too he still has many things to learn. Personally I don't like it how he throws himself all the time for tackles even if he's so good at them.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Just putting out a friendly reminder that we bought AWB because our RB position was a very big issue for us last season. AWB is the best defensive rightback in the PL. He's also a youngster who is learning his trade still. AWB's offensive game is still very much in development, whereas his defensive work is absolutely outstanding.

AWB is also a human being who can, shockingly, make mistakes. So the vultures can chill a bit.

LInkash

I suppose this is something he will have to learn. He's a good player but far from the finished article, defensively too he still has many things to learn. Personally I don't like it how he throws himself all the time for tackles even if he's so good at them.
I don't think it's an issue as he is nigh on perfect at them. It will only be a problem in 10 years time when he has lost his pace.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
His one weakness does seem to be when the ball is in the air. There's been at least 3 occasions this season where he's been caught out (nearly cost us vs Chelsea in first half from memory).

Other than that I think he is outstanding. We all know he's good defensively but the most pleasing aspect of last night's game for me was when he overlapped and pulled the ball across for Greenwood whose shot hit the keeper. We need that a lot more from our fullbacks - most of the top teams in Europe have mastered the overlapping fullback but we have been appalling at it for years (Since Evra really).

Treble

Agreed.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Don't care if he's worth the money or if he's young, or old.

I don't care. He should have done more against a League one side.

Same for the rest of the team

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He should have scored from James' cutback. I will forgive that though cos his goal line clearance is the reason we didn't f'n lose 2-1 to, 17th in League One, Rochdale! :houllier:

No complains about AWB from me. Could've done better on the aerial that led to their goal. Not the first time he's struggled with the curled ball over his head, that needs work. However, I go back to the fact that but for his goal line clearance we'd have been beaten by Rochdale 2-1 at Old Trafford. There should be a hand on head emoji on this forum.

thepolice123

People here seem to think its very easy to deliver a good cross. If the defender closes you down fast its very difficult to send one in much less aim it at our attacker.

DRM

Out of all our monumental problems - he is so far away from even being considered a problem. Love the lad, great defender.

ottosec

Fantastic signing, I am very impressed with him almost every time I see him play.

Unfortunately, I expect him to turn into another Valencia in 6 months or so. It's the Man Utd way.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No he just goes round in the whole forum making sarcastic comments to get attention. Best to be ignored.
Some very strange over emotional people in this place.

That's probably the first mistake he's made all season, nope sell him straight away!

Steven-UK

I'd keep Aaron Wan-Bissaka over Pogba and 90% of this team without even thinking about it. He is easily one of the top three players we have.

RD94

Good signing,defensively great,best in the league,tackling a joy to watch but offensively not that good but with a room for improvement.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Good signing,defensively great,best in the league,tackling a joy to watch but offensively not that good but with a room for improvement.
He isn't yet, has a bit to learn about heading and positioning. He's a great tackler and has huge potential though.

Shimo

He is 21 with very limited experience as an attacking fullback. As a one on one defender, he's nothing short of perfection. But, he is going to have to be a lot more than that to be considered a United fullback. A few things that stood out about yesterday's performance and they are something I truly hope the coaches and him are working furiously on.

1) His positioning when the ball is on the other side, yesterday was not the first time where he hasn't been aware enough for that ball over his head and yesterday it lead to a goal.

2) He can be very sloppy when he tries to go backwards when in possession, not sure if he is just not aware or what but, at the moment been lucky with the lack of quality of the opposition and that he does have it in him to recover but, that is no excuse.

3) Yesterday was a flashback to Turn Back Tony days. He had chances to put the ball in early a few times but, didn't. Often he waited for the defender to try and take him on the outside but, the defender was up to the task and he was easily able to cut back but, not having a left foot of any note, he either passed back or ended up losing the ball.

4) Missed a golden opportunity because ball came to his left foot. He won't become two footed but, he has got to be able to find some confidence to make a pass/cross with his left or take a shot with it on occasion.

AWB has the skill, speed, strength to be a devastating fullback but, he needs some serious coaching and so does the rest of the team. When he has the ball out wide, we have got to have more players flooding the box, at least someone should be looking to attack the near post most of the time. Right now he is somewhat easy to defend against.

Sylar

The issue we have is how will he improve given the way we play. He should be making overlapping runs but instead were relying on him to give the width on the right almost all the time. Its the issue we sometimes had with Valencia. AWB at least uses his left foot. But we dont use the tactic of him getting around the natural guy on the right, and getting to the byline to cut back.

I can see why he didnt cross quite a few times yesterday. Cos if he had crossed, his cross would have needed to have been 100% accurate, rather than into an area for somebody to attack it cos we dont overload the box with players or late runs.

But yeah, he needs coaching to get to the next level in terms of attacking sense.

wr8_utd

:'(
I felt this in his earlier games and I still feel it that he'll be a more expensive Darmian. Very very good in defense but not the dynamite we need going forward. Every top team has atleast one full back that contributes massively to attack and unfortunately we still don't have one.

Skills

Snitch
I felt this in his earlier games and I still feel it that he'll be a more expensive Darmian. Very very good in defense but not the dynamite we need going forward. Every top team has atleast one full back that contributes massively to attack and unfortunately we still don't have one.
Darmian wasn't very good defensively tbf. Well especially not after getting ripped apart by Sanchez, which pretty much destroyed his confidence.

Davie Moyes

I don't understand the criticism of this guy. Sure he was hesitant to cross it at times however that seemed to be the case for all of our players who found themselves in a crossing position. He still had a couple of decent crosses that led to chances. The bigger issue is the lack of a right winger - a fullback overlapping should not be providing all the attacking, only supplementing the winger.

On the other hand he is a monster defensively. There seems to be some criticism of his sliding tackles. Come on guys, get a grip. It's been a long time since I've since someone slide tackle fairly and cleanly so consistently. Wingers know this so it makes them afraid to attack his side as they don't want to be clattered. Maybe the solution for the team is bringing in a top quality attacking LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.