Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Was great to see a fullback take on a first time cross on the run today. Seems like forever since I’ve seen a United fullback try such a thing.

There was another moment later in the game where he looked miles out of position and there was a dangerous pass on but he had which looked like the slimmest possibility to block the pass if it was played and somehow he managed to get a leg to it to block it with a slide. Boys got go go gadget legs. (80’s reference)

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s not only gifted in tackling but also in positioning. He sets up a lion cage in the right back position and he’s the lion. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again - he has shut down any left attacking side of any opposition we play from now on. It’s on Shaw for the right.

Also no surprise his crossing accuracy is one of the highest in the league. He doesn’t bombard forward aimlessly. He’s very intelligent and really picks his moments to devastating effect. Brilliant

Bobski

He looks an excellent signing, with the hunger and aggression in his game we need to create team-wide. One small thing would be a little more composure in his clearances, maybe this comes from playing for a lower team and as he gains more confidence he will look to play out more often.

minh_loc_xoay

Quick someone make a Wan Bissaka vs TAA thread.
Liverpool got the two best fullbacks in the world already. Wan Bissaka, while being good, is not on the same tier as either of them yet.

The TAA - Robertson pair might have even surpassed the Marcelo - Carvarjal pair in their prime already. They are just that good.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Liverpool got the two best fullbacks in the world already. Wan Bissaka, while being good, is not on the same tier as either of them yet.

The TAA - Robertson pair might have even surpassed the Marcelo - Carvarjal pair in their prime already. They are just that good.
Both sets of full backs very fortunate with their license to get forward in their respective teams systems. It works amazing for both teams in fairness.

AWB is better defensively and TAA is better going forward. As the attacking game is more flashy TAA will just be recognised more.

Copa Mundial

I think it's fair to say that with TAA and AWB England will have no problem with the RB position for at least the next decade.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Let’s see a bit of longevity first

Dolf

What? :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Wash your fecking mouth out. The arse licking Liverpool get on here is honestly tragic :lol:

Oldyella

Mutters under breath

"Insult the post, not the poster, insult the post, not the poster..."

Cloud7

Still haven’t gotten a chance to see him play, but it’s good to read that he’s looked so promising thus far.

dasty

The pair that won 3 CL in a row? Sure...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

No fecking chance. The likes of Marcelo, Alves and Co were miles better than Robertson and kid Arnold. Joke comparison.

romufc

No fecking chance. The likes of Marcelo, Alves and Co were miles better than Robertson and kid Arnold. Joke comparison.
Just shows how short sighted some fans are, they can only remember the last few months of the previous season.

Red_toad

Still haven’t gotten a chance to see him play, but it’s good to read that he’s looked so promising thus far.
Watched him in both pre season games. Sure does look like he's going to be a big upgrade on anything we've had in the right back position over the last 5 years. Real tests yet to come, but he's off to a very promising start.

Ace of Spades

He is great at defending, and hopefully as he showed for his assist yesterday he improves his attacking game as well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Bloody hell. One excellent season( i admit that) and they are best in the world:lol:

Edit: and they already surpassed Marcelo-Carvajal????? Please, shoot me

AJ10

:lol:

F-A-C-T-S

I think it's fair to say that with TAA and AWB England will have no problem with the RB position for at least the next decade.
Never underestimate England's ability to feck up great players. I mean they fecked up a generation with Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard and Carrick in midfield. 3 of which are all time greats.

Last edited by a moderator:

IrishRedDevil

A beast who makes tackling look like an art. Very composed on the ball, sure touch, pacy and always trying to push forward (despite still zero help at RW).

Very happy with this signing :drool:

Art Vandelay

I wasn't sold on paying £50m for him, but he's looking very promising. I'm enjoying his tackling, he's actually good at it and not a danger to others like Rojo and Bailly.

Art

Art the artist
Makes me giddy thinking we're going to have a decade more of the Wan. :drool:

Morpheus 7

Standing out, he's just so good on the ball and doesn't look like he'll be beat at the back. Highlight of the tour for me, really happy with him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
One of those players that just makes defending entertaining, looks a real player!

NoLogo

Don't want to celebrate him too early, after all looking good in pre-season doesn't mean much as we have experienced ourselves over the last couple of seasons but it finally feels like we have a quality FB on the right, which is a feeling I'm really not used to anymore. :keano:

Status
Not open for further replies.