Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

goptun

So you want us to sacrifice our defending for more attacking when we have conceded 26 goals in 18 matches? :lol:

Let me guess you want someone who defends as well as AWB but attacks much better.

Name 3 of those players who play right back
Sacrifice our defending?! Are you having us on, or something? When did AWB suddenly become irreplaceable to a shaky defense of which he has been a major part for the past 2/3 years?

Cancelo, Reece James, and Kyle Walker would all offer more protection than AWB. Trent is a better defender than AWB, Perreira too up until his injury last season. Matty fecking Cash would. It's little wonder we've been so keen on bringing Trippier in, FFS.

KennyBurner

Don’t know what’s going on in here but he should be sold at the end of the season. We are not improving with him and his awkwardness on the ball.

rooney2009

I’d rather have him than Dalot
He has so much potential
Pep or Klopp would turn him into a world class player

LARulz

Defensively I feel much better when he is playing. His attacking is poor but not completely shocking

I like Dalot but would prefer AWB over the 2

Ekeke

Sacrifice our defending?! Are you having us on, or something? When did AWB suddenly become irreplaceable to a shaky defense of which he has been a major part for the past 2/3 years?

Cancelo, Reece James, and Kyle Walker would all offer more protection than AWB. Trent is a better defender than AWB, Perreira too up until his injury last season. Matty fecking Cash would. It's little wonder we've been so keen on bringing Trippier in, FFS.
Good lord :lol:

UncleBob

I’d rather have him than Dalot
He has so much potential
Pep or Klopp would turn him into a world class player
Bissaka is pretty much the exact opposite of a fullback that Pep would spend time on. Struggles under pressure, not comfortable with the ball, poor passing

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I actually think on here his ability on the ball is underrated and his defensive ability is overrated. He can be very composed on the ball in tight positions and I think generally he doesn't give it away that much. His crossing is shite though. Defensively he's made out to be immense but that only applies to his last ditch tackling. His awareness, positioning and heading are all awful

Manny

Grammar Police
He looks like he's just trying to survive the 90 minutes without screwing up.

Dalot should be starting over him for the simple fact he has an idea of what should be done in possession despite his execution being hit and miss.

NewYorkRed

His only future at United should be as a coach- to teach Maguire how to tackle and not consistently piss himself and back off runners.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Dalot has finally showed all the remaining doubters how truly atrocious AWB is as an attacker

MrEleson

This guy is truly atrocious. Offers absolutely zero in attack. I always feel sorry for whoever plays on his side in attack as they’re guaranteed to get no help in offensive build-up.

Jackal981

Still horrible but better than his previous showing. Says a lot about his performance level. Thanks Ole for 50m down the drain (130m if you include our cap).

sp_107

can we get at least 20M if we sell him, seems he is a good fit for clubs who play more defensive football

caid

can we get at least 20M if we sell him, seems he is a good fit for clubs who play more defensive football
Yeah i'd say that'd be straightforward enough. Getting any more than that is where it'd get difficult.
To be honest i think he has his uses even as the fairly limited player that he is. He handles players like Sterling, Neymar and other dribblers very well and that can be pretty valuable at times. Its being the default first and only option at right back is where i'd aim criticism at. He's not suited to every game or even many games. Being more selective with when and how he's used would serve everyone involved much better.
I dont think tonight was a bad time to make use of him either tbh. Burnley are physical and he did pretty well with his headers tonight for a change. Playing the ball straight out for a corner was the type of clumsy shit that everyone was doing all night so im not sure i'd pick him out in particular for it.

Bondi77

He came to the club being a very good one on one defender with plenty to learn on the attacking side but with potential to learn....now he is not even a good defender with no real attacking threat.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
When Dalot plays people start missing Wan Bissaka.

When Wan Bissaka plays people start calling out for Dalot.

Ludens the Red

I swear everytime he plays he gets more and more awkward on the ball. Ive never seen someone so uncomfortable doing anything, not just in football but life in general. What the feck is wrong with him!

Andrew7582

When he gets the ball he looks desperate to get rid of it as quickly as possible. Hopefully Dalot was just being rested and will be back in for the next game.

SAFMUTD

There is nothing to be laughed at that comment. The defensive side of AWB is exaggerated here . All the names mentioned in that post are better than AWB.
With the exception of TAA I agree, Wan Bissaka is really good on one vs one situations, but besides that he's not really sound defensively. He's not great in the air and his positioning is poor, he's often caught off position in crosses.

::sonny::

Decent game, but like Bailly and Maguire he is a mistake prone and offers nothing during the possession

I think the blame is either with our scouting department (for judging him very badly) or our coaching department (for not improving and developing him as they should have). Or the blame could lay with both.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Didn't get to watch the whole of the match -

Why are some people saying he has a decent match and then some saying he was awful?

What did he do wrong/right?

goptun

Good lord :lol:
You're absolutely crackers, ain't ya. I realise some people get stuck on defending/attacking particular players and get a sort of tunnel vision with regards to unfairly assessing that player's contributions, but you take it to the next level.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He’s no worse on the ball than Pep’s first choice right back.
Cancelo and Walker are both much better than AWB on the ball. Both are much better at attacking. I can't see how that's debatable. On the defending side the only thing AWB has going for him is his slide tackle which he excels at. A bit like Fellaini with his chest control. Would you bring him back for that 1 attribute? Because AWB really doesn't have a lot more going for him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Cancelo and Walker are both much better than AWB on the ball. Both are much better at attacking. I can't see how that's debatable. On the defending side the only thing AWB has going for him is his slide tackle which he excels at. A bit like Fellaini with his chest control. Would you bring him back for that 1 attribute? Because AWB really doesn't have a lot more going for him.
Nah, I disagree. Cancelo is the best footballer by far out of the three of them. Walker is no better on the ball than AWB.

CM

The technical side of his game doesn't look like it will ever improve. He takes three touches where he only needs to take one and always looks so awkward in possession. Firing that ball out for a corner towards the end of the match last night was embarrassingly bad.

I wouldn't quite be in the Dalot camp because I don't think he has anything to offer either, but the RB position needs to be a position of priority in the summer. Hopefully Laird can step up.

captaincantona

He has the physical attributes to be good...fast, tall, strong...but he seems to always be a dice role away from losing the ball every time he gets it. If the option is there and is obvious he is fine...if it’s not...he might very well run or play the ball straight across his own goal (a no no since schoolboy football) or run headlong into a crowd of defenders.

It’s difficult to seem him developing this type of decision making at this stage of his career. I think full back is too complicated for him. I do think he would be no worse than Bailey as a squad CB.

mctrials23

Didn't get to watch the whole of the match -

Why are some people saying he has a decent match and then some saying he was awful?

What did he do wrong/right?
He was just....awful. First touch, passing, movement, effort. I couldn't believe my eyes at some of the basic basic mistakes he was making. The sort of mistakes I wouldn't expect a half decent 10 year old to make. In any team where defensive 1 on 1s are not a priority he is absolutely shocking. He only ever looks like a serviceable premier league player when we are under the kosh all game and hitting teams on the counter down our left.

Status
Not open for further replies.