Aaron Wan-Bissaka Charged For Illegally Driving

mu4c_20le

He actually drove back to Old Trafford after a match, but YES!

I still remember a quote from his lawyer: «The other option was unthinkable» :lol:

Edit: There it is, I was almost spot on!
Better defending than Lindelof

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Who are 'they'? The car does not need insurance if its private land, can be driven around with no licence or MOT as well. So long as it doesnt have public access then it is fine.
Listen, in the UK you have to insure a licensed motor vehicle by law for 3rd party liability even if you don’t intend to drive the vehicle, as is the case in most countries in the World. This is a hard fact. End of discussion.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Listen, in the UK you have to insure a licensed motor vehicle by law for 3rd party liability even if you don’t intend to drive the vehicle, as is the case in most countries in the World. This is a hard fact. End of discussion.
That sounds mad. I live in a western country and we don't have this

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Having compulsory 3rd party motor vehicle insurance does not sound mad
If you don't intend to use the car (which I'm guessing you wouldn't if you don't insure it) then SORN it, no need to insure it at that point.

Rams

If you don't intend to use the car (which I'm guessing you wouldn't if you don't insure it) then SORN it, no need to insure it at that point.
So it’s finally admitted to the hard fact that in the UK it’s compulsory to have 3rd party motor vehicle insurance?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
So it’s finally admitted to the hard fact that in the UK it’s compulsory to have 3rd party motor vehicle insurance?
Only if you don't SORN it yes - if you do then no, so technically not compulsory?

I can see you're getting irate at this argument though, just thought I'd chime in. :lol:

Rams

Only if you don't SORN it yes - if you do then no, so technically not compulsory?

I can see you're getting irate at this argument though, just thought I'd chime in. :lol:
How dare you try to make me look like a fool. I’m so upset & wound up. But you still can’t distract anybody from posters writing shit.

Andersonson

Third party insurance is the minimum level of motor insurance required in Ireland and throughout the European Union (EU) for all vehicles...

Legal requirement for the registered keeper of a vehicle to insure it even if it is not being used and/or is parked on private land.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Third party insurance is the minimum level of motor insurance required in Ireland and throughout the European Union (EU) for all vehicles...

Legal requirement for the registered keeper of a vehicle to insure it even if it is not being used and/or is parked on private land.
Which let's be honest, is an utter con most likely lobbied for by insurance companies.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
You really dont have to have insurance on a car not kept on a public road, its not a hard fact at all, there is exceptions and such variables to the hard fact. Theres so many cars declared SORN that arent insured, mind blown, theres loads of cars used on private land and again not insured. Ive just read your comments from going through this thread, all you have done is argue with people that you are right and no one else can offer an alternative as they are wrong. I have owned cars and kept them in the driveway for 2 years without insurance as not needed, when declared SORN. My brother buys and fixes cars, and yip you guessed it didnt insure the car as it was off road for 3 years, didnt break any laws and "they" didnt question him, declared SORN so no need for insurance tax or mot, also if the car has extensive repair work needed and being worked on, on private land it doesnt require motor insurnace as its not in a driveable condition as what was wrong with a couple of his cars. Also has private land and drives cars on it without insurance as well as no public access.

Last edited:

Rams

You really dont have to have insurance on a car not kept on a public road, its not a hard fact at all, there is exceptions and such variables to the hard fact. Theres so many cars declared SORN that arent insured, mind blown, theres loads of cars used on private land and again not insured. Ive just read your comments from going through this thread, all you have done is argue with people that you are right and no one else can offer an alternative as they are wrong. I have owned cars and kept them in the driveway for 2 years without insurance as not needed, when declared SORN. My brother buys and fixes cars, and yip you guessed it didnt insure the car as it was off road for 3 years, didnt break any laws and "they" didnt question him, declared SORN so no need for insurance tax or mot, also if the car has extensive repair work needed and being worked on, on private land it doesnt require motor insurnace as its not in a driveable condition as what was wrong with a couple of his cars. Also has private land and drives cars on it without insurance as well as no public access.
Don’t twist my words:
https://www.keithmichaels.co.uk/expat-car-insurance/info/how-car-insurance-works-in-the-uk/

You must have 3rd party liability insurance unless the car is registered for off road (forklift truck in a warehouse for example). Ie. it’s compulsory to have 3rd party motor vehicle insurance unless there’s an exception that proves this rule naturally. End of.

Chief123

Don’t twist my words:
https://www.keithmichaels.co.uk/expat-car-insurance/info/how-car-insurance-works-in-the-uk/

You must have 3rd party liability insurance unless the car is registered for off road (forklift truck in a warehouse for example). Ie. it’s compulsory to have 3rd party motor vehicle insurance unless there’s an exception that proves this rule naturally. End of.
You keep talking about car insurance being “compulsory”. It’s not though. I can have my car parked on my drive as SORN without any insurance and it’s legal.

Anustart89

Jesus. I come in here to read about AWB being a moron and end up getting a PhD in car insurance law.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Or tell Rooney you need picking up in the morning
I remember when people used to laugh at Rooney's tweets and misspelling as if he wasn't the brightest in the squad. Fast forward 14 years later we have more idiotic players that they make Rooney seems like a genius.

Infra-red

I remember when people used to laugh at Rooney's tweets and misspelling as if he wasn't the brightest in the squad. Fast forward 14 years later we have more idiotic players that they make Rooney seems like a genius.
Those jabs at Rooney always seemed pretty unfair. He's uneducated, but does not come across as thick.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Don’t twist my words:

your words arent being twisted, you have categorically stated its a black and white case and there is no grey area. You have also ignored the fact for driving on private land no insurance is needed just to service your own arguement. I stated at the very beginning the same thing that article has said about not needing insurance for a car thats off road or being used on private land and you have continued this on for 2 weeks just to circle back to the original point, thank you for the vindication check my comment on September 8th that you can own a vehicle and use it on Private land and not have insurance. You can do this in a car on private land with no public access, this is the grey area. You can continue on with the same arguement and apply youre interpretation of the law however you like. The original point was that you had to have insurnace for any licensed vehicle, exceptions are private land use and also cars being reapired and not fit for the road. This is still a licenced vehicle as it still has a log book and number plate.

You have also said "car is registered off road" and then applied the term car to forklift, ignoring the fact that an actual car can be driven off road.

Kellyiom

That's it, yeah. I think if you've got fields that are totally private and you're just going to razz an old car round, you have to tell the licensing authority that it's going off road and the same for your insurers, (think they have different categories such as fire & theft only and formally laid up, if it was something like a restoration project) and I think but not certain, that there's a law that you break if you fail to notify.