Abdelhak Nouri | family say he can answer yes/no questions by moving his eyebrows

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
From the reports, it sounds much worse than not playing football again.

Especially the permanent brain damage thing.
Yeah, seems to have permanent brain damage caused by a lack of blood and oxygen transport to his brains while/after it happened. The reports say that he (probably) cant recover from that, so it's more hoping that he can ever live a normal life again.

arthurka

WTF it looked so surreal when it happened and almost in slow motion. And you felt it was all under control.
Very sad news this. Was hoping that it would go well but it sure doesn´t look like it.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Horrible news, exactly what everyone was so afraid of but it all seemed to be going so well just yesterday. I'm really heartbroken.

Skills

Snitch
Awful news, hope he can lead a normal life again.

There are people on here who constantly whine and complain about young players or footballers in general getting paid too much. Despite having a short career that can end at any moment due to circumstances outside of their control, and in this case potentially effect the rest of their lives.

Member 57516

It's really not the time and place to argue or insinuate an argument against people who do, if you're a decent human being you can respect that I think.
Actually I was referring to TFM, not you, but never mind.

I expressed my concern and compassion for him and his family, so yes, I consider myself a decent human being. If I can't go on to express my distaste for something I see in this thread, what should I do? Sit here quietly? If others can mention gods, I can comment on that. I respect other people, not ideas that don't stand up to scrutiny.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Awful news for the lad, judging by comments of others on various sites he was a great role model and a great professional, what a shame. Will keep him in my thoughts.

NYAS

How does this even happen? How did it all start, is it completely random or could we possibly trace it back to several possible causes?

Utdstar01

How does this even happen? How did it all start, is it completely random or could we possibly trace it back to several possible causes?
Probably an underlying health issue that hadnt been discovered. Suppose we won't know until the doctors reveal the details from tests.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

I expressed my concern and compassion for him and his family, so yes, I consider myself a decent human being. If I can't go on to express my distaste for something I see in this thread, what should I do? Sit here quietly? If others can mention gods, I can comment on that. I respect other people, not ideas that don't stand up to scrutiny.
Nows not really the time to make your case about religion, just let people express their well wishes as they see fit, it's the thoughts behind it that matter.

Sammyjunn

Does it really matter though? It's not really that hard to respect eachothers believes even if you dont agree with it at all? Not believing in anything is a belief as well.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Awful news. So sorry for him and his family.

Maybe people should think before posting nonsense about imaginary beings having things under control.
There is a thread in the current events section for debating religion, no need for it here.

Back on topic, awful news for the young man, his family and friends. Hoping he can still have a long, happy , and meaningful life.

Sammyjunn

Awful news for the lad, judging by comments of others on various sites he was a great role model and a great professional, what a shame. Will keep him in my thoughts.
A bit of a Pogba like personality, very helpful, funny, joyful figure. Where he lives here in Amsterdam, all the youth (predominantly Morrocan youth, look much up to Nouri). Everybody loves and likes him, it's really sad.

alsabi

Terrible news. Just reminds you that the window for avoiding serious brain damage via hypoxia is so incredibly small in these cases. :( I hope there's at least a degree of consciousness remaining.

Acole9

Outstanding
Tragic news, the news yesterday seemed slightly more positive. Poor kid.

Member 57516

There is a thread in the current events section for debating religion, no need for it here.

Back on topic, awful news for the young man, his family and friends. Hoping he can still have a long, happy , and meaningful life.
That's fair enough, taken on board. It's just that the subject was already broached, I was merely reacting. This is the last of my 3 allowed posts for today, so I'll use it to reiterate my shock and sorrow for such a terrible situation.

Does it really matter though? It's not really that hard to respect eachothers believes even if you dont agree with it at all? Not believing in anything is a belief as well.
OK.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's really heartbreaking news. Something very similar happened to my stepfather last summer, when they lifted his coma the scans showed that the left hemisphere of his brain was completely destroyed. Passed away soon after.

At this point I'm just hoping the kid can have somewhat of a life, grim as it sounds.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Absolutely awful news. Such a bright future ahead of him.

Can only hope he can live a normalish life and the brain damage isn't that tragic kind that takes the person away. Things like this shouldn't happen to bairns.

Good luck Nouri.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That is the most horrific news. Poor kid:(

Pace Abuser

Severe brain damage. My word, that's tragic and really brings home the fragility of life. He'll be in my thoughts and prayers today x

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
That's fair enough, taken on board. It's just that the subject was already broached, I was merely reacting. This is the last of my 3 allowed posts for today, so I'll use it to reiterate my shock and sorrow for such a terrible situation.
Thank goodness.

No need to turn this thread into something it is not, like all the other current news threads tend to turn to. Its quite frankly annoying, and a wiser person would realize that there is place for that(and it isn't this thread)

MuranoLover

How the feck has that happened and if there is a pre-reason for that condition why the hell it has not been diagnosed by Ajax's medical team ?

Devil may care

Very sad news, poor kid, my heart sank when I saw the thread title change, just gotta hope that he can find some quality of life.

NinjaFletch

Is there anything on him suffering from an underlying condition or is this literally a freak thing?

Red Rom

Absolutely gutted to see this news. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. As others have already mentioned, hope he can live a normal life after this tragedy.

ovoxo

Such horrible news, he's only a kid, and now he's got to go through life with brain damage:( unbelievably sad news.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Clubs spend 100 million on a player but heart defects still go unnoticed. This shouldn't happen in this sport, with so much money involved.

Very sad for the kid, hope he can still recover his own self at least.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Terrible news, thoughts go out to him and his loved one's affected by this.

A tragic end to his football career but as others have said, his general health and quality of life is much more important. Here's hoping the medical professionals working with him are able to pull off a miracle and leave this lad able to live a normal life.