Abdelhak Nouri | family say he can answer yes/no questions by moving his eyebrows

Acquire Me

Wonderful news that his okay. I hate threads like this, good this one had a positive ending.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Wonderful news that his okay. I hate threads like this, good this one had a positive ending.
We don't really know that. I mean it seems most likely he'll survive but we don't know about potential damage caused by it yet.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Damn there seriously needs to be a look into young footballers of African descent and heart issues.

Enlarged heart is a pretty common way a lot of young black athletes have died here in the States. Also we saw with Tiote just recently.
A lot of athletes have an enlarged heart due to the high level of training. That itself isn't necessarily a problem.
It's more the arrhythmia and underlying issues that may not have come to light.

Sjaakmeoff

He's still in a induced coma and on a ventilator, but he's stable. The medics have performed CPR for 20 minutes. Therefore his brains had way to little oxygen. To keep the brain from swelling they have to keep him really cold. That's why they are keeping him asleep.

He's a very likeable kid of the club and a hell of talent. Hope he fully recovers.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's still in a induced coma and on a ventilator, but he's stable. The medics have performed CPR for 20 minutes. Therefore his brains had way to little oxygen. To keep the brain from swelling they have to keep him really cold. That's why they are keeping him asleep.

He's a very likeable kid of the club and a hell of talent. Hope he fully recovers.
Poor kid. This is scary stuff and hope he gets well soon.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
How is he going? Hope he can play again. He would be a shame if he had to retire at such a young age.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
How is he going? Hope he can play again. He would be a shame if he had to retire at such a young age.
I'll be extremely surprised if he plays again, at least at a high level. Clubs wouldn't touch him with a possible heart defect, and I doubt Ajax would be keen to risk his life again.

Just glad he's alive really - as said above, that's the most important thing.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
Just a small update for who is interested:
He is still kept asleep. His heart is functioning normally and is undamaged.

They do not have an update on f.e. the brain.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just a small update for who is interested:
He is still kept asleep. His heart is functioning normally and is undamaged.

They do not have an update on f.e. the brain.
Thanks for the update.... will be hoping he hasn't got any brain damage...:(

Gianni Infantile

Supports
AFC Ajax Amsterdam
Ajax has given a new update on Nouri.
The first ct-scan showed no abormalities. Other neurological tests are also positive. He is still asleep though and in the next 24 hours will be gradually awakened and further tested.
So thats a good update, lets hope we get more good news tomorrow.

spwd

The first ct-scan showed no abormalities. Other neurological tests are also positive. He is still asleep though and in the next 24 hours will be gradually awakened and further tested.
Thanks for the update bud.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Very good news :). C'mon!

Sonny1972

i knew i was nuts when the squirrels started stari
Serious brain damage Nouri

Dramatic news Nouri: very serious brain damage

Football player Abdelhak Nouri has suffered severe and lasting brain damage. That has revealed his club Ajax.

The 20-year-old midfielder broke down on a training session with Werder Bremen on Saturday and proved to be suffering from cardiac arrhythmias. Since then he was investigated on the intensive care of Innsbruck hospital. "The diagnosis that has been made afterwards is that a large part of his brain no longer functions and that the chance of recovery of these crucial brain functions is nil", "says Ajax's statement.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Feck. That's horrible news. :(

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What horrible news. I guess they didn't have any defibrillators on hand quickly enough.

I hope he can end up living a normal life, but it doesn't sound promising.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Horrible news, he'll probably never recover from the brain damage this news says. Probably wont play football again. Hope and pray he can live a normal life again, so painful this for him and his family. Such a great talent, star, personality.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Oh man, that really sucks. I genuinely feel sorry for the kid. Life is cruel.

Sparky10Legend

Horrible news, he'll probably never recover from the brain damage this news says. Probably wont play football again. Hope and pray he can live a normal life again, so painful this for him and his family. Such a great talent, star, personality.

Playing football isn't a priority at this point tbf.

Not digging at you, just saying.

Member 57516

Awful news. So sorry for him and his family.

Maybe people should think before posting nonsense about imaginary beings having things under control.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Playing football isn't a priority at this point tbf.

Not digging at you, just saying.
Duh, doesnt make it not extra bad news as an Ajax and Nouri-fan. First and foremost I hope he can lead a normal life again, added to that I have been watching Nouri since he was under 15 and have always loved his ball, this would be his breakthrough which makes it a bit extra painful. But his health is indeed the biggest prioritu.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Jesus thats so sad :(

20 years is nothing, had such a bright future too.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Duh, doesnt make it not extra bad news as an Ajax and Nouri-fan. First and foremost I hope he can lead a normal life again, added to that I have been watching Nouri since he was under 15 and have always loved his ball, this would be his breakthrough which makes it a bit extra painful. But his health is indeed the biggest prioritu.
From the reports, it sounds much worse than not playing football again.

Especially the permanent brain damage thing.