About Recent Member Bans

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
I've noticed over the past two weeks or so, some familiar posters have been banned, regardless of the club they've supported. I've seen United, City, Liverpool and Chelsea posters all get the banhammer.

Normally I wouldn't ask for the justifications, but given how the mood around the United fans have dipped a bit, I would like to maybe hear a bit of a general statement to what prompted the bans (I assume the most offending posts have been deleted), and also what rules the banned posters were falling foul of in particular? I'm concerned mostly because the Caf has been a pretty good place so far, and I don't want to get banned, nor do I want to see normally interesting posters disappear at a fast rate.

RedTiger

Half mast
I've noticed over the past two weeks or so, some familiar posters have been banned, regardless of the club they've supported. I've seen United, City, Liverpool and Chelsea posters all get the banhammer.

Normally I wouldn't ask for the justifications, but given how the mood around the United fans have dipped a bit, I would like to maybe hear a bit of a general statement to what prompted the bans (I assume the most offending posts have been deleted), and also what rules the banned posters were falling foul of in particular? I'm concerned mostly because the Caf has been a pretty good place so far, and I don't want to get banned, nor do I want to see normally interesting posters disappear at a fast rate.
I noticed the last few posts from cityfaninpeace were direct insults to posters, I'm sure some of these guys are attacking the poster and not the post.

binary bot
Feel free to mention names. All I can say is one ban today (Gandalf) was requested by the poster and he'll be back in a month.
Can you make it say 'you shall not pass' when he logs in?

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Hey! Thanks for being responsive. Yes, noticing Gandalf getting banned was what prompted this post. You can asked to get banned? :eek: That seems odd...

I errrr, need to trawl through the forums a bit for names. I need to remember who exactly were the ones - I just noticed familiar (but not remembered) names getting the "Banned" status. I'll PM when I get a list.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Hey! Thanks for being responsive. Yes, noticing Gandalf getting banned was what prompted this post. You can asked to get banned? :eek: That seems odd...

I errrr, need to trawl through the forums a bit for names. I need to remember who exactly were the ones - I just noticed familiar (but not remembered) names getting the "Banned" status. I'll PM when I get a list.
Yes. People request for one so they can concentrate on their studies or if they get pissed off with the site.

@antohan just recently came back from a year long requested ban (no joke)

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
You can asked to get banned? :eek: That seems odd...
Some people ask to get banned temporarily when they have a deadline to meet to get rid of a distraction. We all know how this place can be a bit time consuming.

Cina

Damien does most of the banning so discuss with him. He's ruthless.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Now that's a long one.
Best thing I ever did. We all knew what was wrong and how the season would pan out, why get stuck in an endless loop?

Missed the exciting Summer though, not that the Pogba thread looks anything but repetitive.

Wife is already giving me that look one day into my return, and I have barely posted :rolleyes:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

A good number of posters ask for bans for a set period of time so they can get their studies/work etc done. In other cases, we are generally weeding out the lower quality drama queens who are bringing the quality and experience down, in favor of newer (newbie) posters who are being brought through the newbies a bit faster.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I always had my suspicions that @Damien was a particularly ruthless bastard when it came to banning people.

On a lighter note Damo, have you got the Rise of Iron ready for the 20th?

When the wife saw I'd bought it she said "does that mean another month of you shouting at the TV?"

Yes, yes it does.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I always had my suspicions that @Damien was a particularly ruthless bastard when it came to banning people.

On a lighter note Damo, have you got the Rise of Iron ready for the 20th?

When the wife saw I'd bought it she said "does that mean another month of you shouting at the TV?"

Yes, yes it does.
:lol: Yep I do :D only started playing it again today so not going to be able to get the Moments of Triumph for Year 2 but not too bothered.

I disagree. He is one of the nicer mods here.
Thanks :) only bans I really do are those that are requested. Cina is the ruthless one.[/QUOTE]

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff

Not only would you normally not ask for justifications but also apparently you wouldn't really normally post much with just over 500 posts in two years, so your fears seem very much to be not a concern.

NM

I sent @Damien a message asking what the hell was happening to the footy forum, but never heard back. Nevertheless, I take credit for this culling!

Cina

:lol: Yep I do :D only started playing it again today so not going to be able to get the Moments of Triumph for Year 2 but not too bothered.

Thanks :) only bans I really do are those that are requested. Cina is the ruthless one.
you are truly the people's admin.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Thanks :) only bans I really do are those that are requested. Cina is the ruthless one.
Are we going to get the band back together for some epic watching you fall off ledges action?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Feel free to mention names. All I can say is one ban today (Gandalf) was requested by the poster and he'll be back in a month.
Why did Bob Loblaw get banned? Is it permanent or temporary?

hbgreg

Find it a shame that RedCafe doesn't have stricter rules in regards to casual racism/sexism than most forums I visit but the ignore list functions well. I don't find that too many people get banned, the only person I noticed banned was Barney, Bob Loblaw and that Marcosdeto guy from Argentina.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Not only would you normally not ask for justifications but also apparently you wouldn't really normally post much with just over 500 posts in two years, so your fears seem very much to be not a concern.
That's a bit insulting, just because I don't post much means I shouldn't be concerned? I just want to be sure I don't step over a line myself.

The bannings will continue until morale improves.
Oh dear, given it's been three years, I wonder how long that'll last. :nervous:

A good number of posters ask for bans for a set period of time so they can get their studies/work etc done. In other cases, we are generally weeding out the lower quality drama queens who are bringing the quality and experience down, in favor of newer (newbie) posters who are being brought through the newbies a bit faster.
Hmm, interesting, thanks for sharing! My method is just to not type the URL but I can see why some more enthusiastic forum goers might want a ban...

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
If I'm honest, I prefer having the oppo fans on board as opposed to banned, unless absolutely necessary of course.

Can't admins just limit how many posts they can make per day for a while?

Why was Bob banned?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If I'm honest, I prefer having the oppo fans on board as opposed to banned, unless absolutely necessary of course.

Why was Bob banned?
Because in spite of having been warned over and over again he couldn't stop insulting people.

JoaquinJoaquin

Why was Bob banned?
Me too, Thankfully most that get promoted are decent.