Absolutely random footballers from the 2000s

nistleloy

Richard Wright

Signed by Wenger for about £6mil back in July 2001 from Ipswich. Punched the ball into his own net against Charlton - fell behind Arsenal's youth keeper in the pecking order. Played a bit for Everton.

Highlight - made 2 England appearances. Gave away and conceded a penalty then saved a late one against Malta as England battered them 2-1.

Now without a club.

Richard Wright

mufcwarm92

Amr Zaki

The absolute definition of 'flash in the pan' scoring some great goals for Wigan in some really big games, but then disappeared of the face of the planet.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Danny Mills - Absolute twat of a player for pretty much anyone he turned out for, notably Leeds and City.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

david connolly

to this day i cant fathom how this man made money playing football

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Danny Mills - Absolute twat of a player for pretty much anyone he turned out for, notably Leeds and City.

and now he's the most monotone useless boring commentator/pundit ever:rolleyes:

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea

Seth Johnson was a pretty unremarkable midfielder playing for Derby, until the man with the commercial midas touch, Peter Ridsdale came along. In 2001 Leeds were in negotiation for his services, Johnson was on £7,000 a week at Derby and reportedly would have settled for £15,000 at Leeds. Peter Ridsdale opened negotiations at £25,000 which left Seth Johnson and his agent rather baffled, Johnson rather stunned says 'what?'. Without hesitation or thought, Ridsdale says 'okay, £35,000'.

Seth Johnson.

December_16

Anders Svensson played for Southampton for a few years, and scored the last Premier League goal at Maine Road before City moved to COMS. I remember him very fondly due to his fantastic hairstyle.

Anders Svensson.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Igor Biscan. Played for Liverpool and was frequently shit, until in his last season turned in some ridiculously amazing performances in the Champions League but would be dropped for the subsequent league games.

Igor Biscan.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea

Igor Biscan. Played for Liverpool and was frequently shit, until in his last season turned in some ridiculously amazing performances in the Champions League but would be dropped for the subsequent league games.

Igor Biscan.
I know that Bruno Cheyrou was claimed to be the new Zidane but wasn't he supposed to have been as well?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I know that Bruno Cheyrou was claimed to be the new Zidane but wasn't he supposed to have been as well?
Don't know. I know I had to watch those champions league games owing to my brother being a Liverpool fan though. He honestly looked like he could run through walls.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Bosko Balaban

Strapping Croat signed by John Gregory's Aston Villa for £6million. Failed to cut the mustard in England before joining Club Brugge in Belgium on a free transfer.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
No. He was originally bought as an upgrade on Hamann. Which he was for a brief while when he arrived midway into the season, until Didi decided 'ok, I will now give a shit' and outclassed the Croatian in pretty much everything except surging runs upfield. Mysteriously, despite actually looking quite promising, Ged simply did not want to use him and eventually thought Salif fecking Diao would be a better option.

After having put him on the sidelines for two years or so, Ged then ended up giving Igor more playing time than the sheriff anyway but this time as backup in the centre of defence, where he had originally played before being converted to a midfielder early in his career.

He mostly wasn't very good at defending, but he looked awesome when he took the ball and carried it forward 30 yards from defense. This was of course well before Agger turned up and did the same only with actual skill on the ball. These daring raids from the backline then earned him the nickname Biscanbauer. For a brief while, it was hoped that he might become an awesome centreback, if only he could be taught how to defend. This didn't last long as it soon became apparent Traore was actually a better defender.

Fergies Formula

Oleh Luzhny

Luzhny signed for Arsenal in the summer of 1999 after impressing manager Arsène Wenger in Kyiv's 4–2 aggregate defeat of Arsenal in the Champions League. He was signed as cover for Lee Dixon, although he was unable to fully displace the England international. While never a regular starter with the Gunners, Luzhny still played 110 matches in four years at the club.

Wes

Joseph-Désiré Job

Joseph-Désiré Job
In the lull between Ravenelli and Viduka, one man led the line for the mighty Middlesboro. Good signing by Bryan Robson.

Name always reminded me of another Northern Legend: Oz from Auf Weidersen, Pet.

Had an alright career at Middlesboro and then fecked off back to France after Middlesboro eventually woke up to how shit he was. Forgettable.

Also, His cousin is FC Ingolstadt 04 defender Marvin Matip, it says here

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

I was convinced he was going to be in the top three or four keepers in the world circa 2005. Then he went to City and fecked up his career. The closest he ever came to being world class was sitting next to VDS and, later on, Buffon in the locker room.

Andreas Isaksson.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Burst onto the world scene in the 2002 World Cup which eventually earned him a nice transfer to PSV. He had two solid seasons for the Dutch side, and in typical spoiled American athletic tradition, managed to get a DUI charge to improve his street cred back in Chicago. Following in Reyna's footsteps and precursor for Isaksson, made the wrong decision in signing for City, albeit on loan. Never settled in and found that his 125lb frame couldn't hack it in the rough and tumble Premiership. Moved to Rangers, suffered injuries, played shit half the time. Currently playing with Hannover 96 and somehow still manages to make the USMNT periodically. Quite possibly the only player in the world that could make Kieran Richardson look world class in comparison (or maybe because they're both left sided players and black). Famous for taking a piss during warmups and being caught on tele (Google it).

DaMarcus Beasley

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Moritz Voltz

Former Arsenal youth team, but made his name in Fulham. Scored the 15,000 goal of the Premier League and generally being a joker off the field.

Now with St Pauli.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
I take your Mortiz Voltz and raise you Milan Baros

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

What can I say about the man, no really, there is so little to say about Winston Bogarde. There are few pictures of him on the pitch, I could however muster up a picture beside a rather nice car he bought. Apparently signed without Vialli's knowledge and Ranieri wasn't interested - in four seasons at Chelsea he played in all competitions a mesmerising 11 times.

Winston Bogarde
You sure that isn't Sgt. Ellis Carver?

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
You sure that isn't Sgt. Ellis Carver?
To be fair no I'm not, you can't really blame me considering he averaged less than two starts a year in four seasons - it is a Dutch number plate mind.

Snow

Strapping Croat signed by John Gregory's Aston Villa for £6million. Failed to cut the mustard in England before joining Club Brugge in Belgium on a free transfer.
Scored everywhere but at Villa where he was only allowed to play 9 times, 7 as a sub. I think some better management would turned those 6m into goals.

Snow

Kasey Keller

After a promising modeling career he turned to his 2nd love, football. His career has now spanned 20 years of football in the States, England, Germany and Spain.

Now his time is divided between his first love, modeling, and football with Seattle Sounders. Sadly he's now old and isn't good for modeling anymore so he works as a Rafa Benitez stunt double/look a like