Absolutely random footballers from the 2000s

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?

Junichi Inamoto - Scored a couple of goals for Japan at the 2002 World Cup and had spells at Arsenal, Fulham and West Brom before leaving England never to be seen again.

Alfonso Alves - Was mentioned on the pod a few months back by @Annihilate Now!, @Rood and myself. Scored loads of goals for Heerenveen, moved Middlesborough and netted twice against us. Wasn't actually that good though.

Paul Stalteri - Player for Spurs back in the mid 00's. Played right back wearing the 7 shirt and scored a late winner against West Ham that looked certain to relegate them- until Tevez saved them at Old Trafford on the last day.

Khalid Boulahrouz - Signed for Chelsea in Mourinho's first stint. Like Stalteri, mostly remembered for that fact he took Hernan Crespo's 9 shirt despite being a defender rather than anything he actually did for the club. Lasted one season.

Bernado Corradi - Played for City before they won the lottery. Back then City had legendary forwards such as Georgios Sameras and Valeri Bojinov on their books. Scored 3 goals in 29 games.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hossam Ghaly

Made a grand total of 21 appearances for Spurs between 2006 and 2009, apparently even scoring once. Was loaned to Derby upon which they were immediately relegated, before returning to Spurs. Such was their delight to have him back, he wasn't even assigned a shirt number. Booed by his own fans before rejecting a move to Brum because he didn't like Steve Bruce, he went back to his first side Al-Ahly to lick his wounds, injuring himself in late 2010 and not playing again for the rest of the season.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Bojan Djordjic

Spent five years with us, made two league apperances. Hugely touted when he joined as a 20 year old in 1999, ended up at Plymouth Argyle, still playing somewhere.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Frank Simek

American born full back, signed by Arsenal when he was 12, who went on to captain the reserve side. He made one solitary appearance for Arsenal in the league cup in 2003. He was released and went to Sheffield Wednesday. He was part of the USA team that won the Gold Cup in 2007. Had an impressive spell at Wednesday around 2005-2007, and appeared to be linked to a number of Premier League clubs, most notably Aston Villa and Everton. I believe Villa were on the cusp of signing him, but he picked up a nasty ankle injury and was out for a year. Made a very gradual return to football, but was eventually released.

Went to Carlisle for a few years, though I have no idea how successful he was there. I assume not very, as he's now 30, and playing in Vietnam.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Papa Bouba Diop. I think he played for Blackburn at one point unless I'm thinking of Christopher Samba.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Hossam Ghaly

Made a grand total of 21 appearances for Spurs between 2006 and 2009, apparently even scoring once. Was loaned to Derby upon which they were immediately relegated, before returning to Spurs. Such was their delight to have him back, he wasn't even assigned a shirt number. Booed by his own fans before rejecting a move to Brum because he didn't like Steve Bruce, he went back to his first side Al-Ahly to lick his wounds, injuring himself in late 2010 and not playing again for the rest of the season.
Also a free agent on FIFA 14 (or 13, not sure) with about 70 overall rating. Used to sign him all the time when starting a career mode with a lower league club.