Absolutely random footballers from the 2000s

gormless

Joseph-Désiré Job
In the lull between Ravenelli and Viduka, one man led the line for the mighty Middlesboro. Good signing by Bryan Robson.

Name always reminded me of another Northern Legend: Oz from Auf Weidersen, Pet.

Had an alright career at Middlesboro and then fecked off back to France after Middlesboro eventually woke up to how shit he was. Forgettable.

Also, His cousin is FC Ingolstadt 04 defender Marvin Matip, it says here
Scored one of the best goals I've seen live in the stadium

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Scored everywhere but at Villa where he was only allowed to play 9 times, 7 as a sub. I think some better management would turned those 6m into goals.
Fair enough, he certainly knows where the onion bag is. Giving a player just two starts to justify his presence is poor craic.

Wes

Thought of another one there - Denílson

Denílson broke the world record transfer fee when Real Betis paid São Paulo FC £21.5 million for his services.Denílson had been with São Paulo since 1995. Real Betis had been impressed by Denílson's performance at the Copa América 1997, so signed him in the summer of 1998. How they would rue this decision.
In 1999—2000, after Real Betis had remarkably been relegated to the Segunda División, Denílson went on a brief loan to Flamengo. His performance for the Seville club had been disappointing and most fans considered him a liability at this stage. At the time of his subsequent transfer to Bordeaux (In France) he was no longer included in the Betis squad. What followed Bordeaux was a number of random and useless clubs from Brazil, Arabia and finally, Viet Nam - all in search of ridiculously high wages - not unlike Nicky Butt.

Having been rejected by Bolton Wanderers after a brief trial with footballing Messiah, Gary "Handsome" Megson, Denilson signed a six month contract with Vietnamese club Xi Măng Hải Phòng earning $5.5m, a deal that made the Brazilian the V-League's highest paid player in its history. After much speculation about Denílson's anticipated debut for Xi Măng Hải Phòng, on 21 June 2009, he finally played his first game and scored from a free-kick just two minutes into the game against Hoàng Anh Gia Lai. After only three weeks at the club he quit, playing just half a match and scoring one goal for the club, due to injury; a real fan's favourite.

On January 2010, Denilson signed a two-year contract with the Greek club AO Kavala. Kavala released him from his contract in April, after just three months and no matches for the team.

61 Caps for Brazil though

Member 39557

Bjarne Goldbaek

Signed for Chelsea in 1998 and was mainly a bit part player. Then went to Fulham and was part of their promotion winning team in 2000/2001. I remember him looking half decent for Fulham, but he got shipped out in 2003.

MalibuKen

Mikkel Beck

Forward who played for Boro amongst others. Annoying hair. Always seemed to shoot a pea roller from 25 yards into the keepers arms.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Gary Naysmith

Only thing that I remember him for

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Thought of another one there - Denílson

61 Caps for Brazil though
Cant be that bad then? Or maybe that that Brazilian team was so good that it can afford to carry one mediocre player? Are you sure he has 61 bloody caps for the 'mighty' Brazil?

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Rami Shaaban. feck knows what's happened to him

Tomasz Radzinski at Everton, his name always used to make me chuckle in my youth.

Wes

Radinski was brilliant

I dunno how Denilson got 60-odd caps for Brazil - probably needed pace in the side. He was crap in 1998 - Ronaldo basically got them to the final himself

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Collins John

Played well for Fulham when he was 19. Ended that season as their number 1 scorer. Got 2 caps for Holland. Now he's 29 or something. Failed in the MLS and went recently to Azerbaijan.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Collins John

Played well for Fulham when he was 19. Ended that season as their number 1 scorer. Got 2 caps for Holland. Now he's 29 or something. Failed in the MLS and went recently to Azerbaijan.
:lol: Another one I remember for his fecking odd name :lol:

Iron Stove

According to Wikipedia, Thomas Gravesen is most known for his bad temper and ruthless tackling. To everybody else after five solid years at Everton kicking people, he is known as the first player newly appointed manager Vanderlei Luxemburgo decided to sign of all the players in the world when he became manager of Real Madrid - he was sacked within a year.

Thomas Gravesen
Gravesen is such a hilarious nutjob.

There are a bunch of other youtube videos of him doing weird shit at Madrid.

dev1l

Joseph-Désiré Job
In the lull between Ravenelli and Viduka, one man led the line for the mighty Middlesboro. Good signing by Bryan Robson.

Name always reminded me of another Northern Legend: Oz from Auf Weidersen, Pet.

Had an alright career at Middlesboro and then fecked off back to France after Middlesboro eventually woke up to how shit he was. Forgettable.

Also, His cousin is FC Ingolstadt 04 defender Marvin Matip, it says here
Apparently after Job scored vs Charlton, the Boro fans were heard singing "There is only Job in Middlesborough"....

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Enrique De Lucas

Chelsea's only signing in 2002 (last year before Abramovich era), on a free transfer. A hot prospect back then. Had a good game against us but later had an unimpressive season before being kicked-out by the end of it. I think he sued them for it. Did he win? Had unsuccessful trial with Blackpool in 2009. Currently playing in Spain with Celta Vigo.

stubie

Roberto Bonano

Moved to Barcelona from River Plate in 2001 where he spent 2 seasons before moving on to Murcia and then Alaves before retiring aged 38 in 2008.

He was a decent keeper on Championship Manager 2000/01

Zen86

Rüştü Reçber

That Turkish keeper from the 2002 World Cup with the war paint. Was the best thing since sliced bread at that time, went to Barcelona and went on a downward spiral ever since then. At Besiktas these days.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Mustapha Hadji

Moroccan with the hair of the ugly one from a 90s Boyband who had to compensate by looking hard and wearing tank tops. Was vaguely good in a couple of passably rememberable games at the 98 World Cup and, as such, signed for Coventry. Moved onto Villa in 2001 & stayed there for 3 seasons, occassionally doing some forgettable things and apparently scoring twice.

Moved to Spain later, is now playing in Luxembourg where he looks about 30 years older and like this..

Mustafa Hadji

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Collins John

:lol: Another one I remember for his fecking odd name :lol:
Brilliant thing was he was presented to the Fulham fans by............John Collins :lol:

Flying Fox

Daniel Cordone

Nicknamed "The Wolfman" by fans in Argentina, he arrived at Newcastle in 2000 to fill the position of *bleep*ing random striker left empty after the departure of Temuri Ketsbaia. Caused controversy after being forced into an operation to remove his permanently soldered earrings. Only lasted one season, probably for the best as there was almost certainly something dodgy about his work permit...

Sound's like a right charming man...

Skywarden

Serhiy Rebrov

Graced the Premier League in a £11m transfer from Dynamo Kyiv, joining Tottenham in 2000. With boots touched by the Gods, Rebrov appeared 75 times for Spurs, scoring in the 10-15 bracket - during his entire stay. After two loan spells, and when his boots had eventually failed him, he signed for Dynamo once again in 2005. Thriving in his new (old) environment, not so young Serhiy became the player of the season in the Ukrainian top division. With bags of experience, Serhiy also gave the Russian international striker Roman Pavlyuchenko some tips concerning the life in North London:

I wouldn't go for a walk on my own around White Hart Lane. A lot of dark-skinned people live there. So naturally the crime rate is higher than anywhere else. It's not nice to be a robbery victim. So I suggest that Roman doesn't walk but drives around that area.
Serhiy Rebrov.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue

David Thompson - Mostly known for his generic name, face and ability, and for preventing Lucas Neill from being assaulted once.

David Prutton - Got sent off, pushed the referee and got a 10 match ban once. He's probably still serving it.

Claus Jensen - Like a bald Danish discount Zidane.

Roman Bellic

Prick

Josemi - Champions league winner with Liverpool.

Lenn Pidgeley - played against Charlton on the last day of the season in Chelsea's first EPL title campaign.

Edit: Random EPL players.

Last edited: