AC Milan 2017/18

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
How is Suso doing for them?

Sterling Archer

Whomever invested in Milan is going to make bank if they continue to invest the right way. Bigger brand name than any other Italian team with a tremendous history.

As a player too, they will have a huge draw considering they're based in Milan.

I look forward to seeing them back in the limelight.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Hakan is a great signing! Having both him and Suso is, for me, a potentially exciting combination. Bonucci is quite the catch as well. The team as a whole leaves a lot to be desired, though.

I'm not the biggest fan of Kessie. I preferred Freuler. Then again, Kessie's only 20 and Freuler is 24/25 so time is of course on Kessie's side.
Yep, this was a signing that really impressed me as well.

TehRed

They are really on their way back, and it's nice to see. I loved the old days of Juve, Inter and AC all challenging in europe and for the Serie A title. I know it's all Chinese investor money, but it's still nice to see that they can build a team. Hopefully the race for the Serie A title can be a five way fight between the three teams I mentioned and also Napoli and Roma. It's about time that it was a strong league again.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Honestly, I think the combination of mainstream internet and the English language is a major factor of why the PL managed to become far more popular than the other leagues.
More down to calciopoli, which killed the league reputation, than anything.
Milan could have easily been in the same position as Juventus and Bayern are in right now if they were smarter and capatilized on their success in the mid-2000's.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Whenever I've watched Milan he's been good. I've liked Suso as a player even in his early Liverpool days so it's nice to see him flourishing as one of, if not Milan's main playmaker. I definitely think he's one of Milan's best players anyway.

@Markolan would probably be best answering you considering he's a Milan fan and will have watched him more as a result.

NoPace

Napoli gonna Napoli, Roma gonna Roma.

Juventus might be too old, though. Everything must come to an end.

Napoli's football is the sex.
I could see Napoli finally doing it. They're great going forward, signed a CB for decent money (I'm no Torino expert, but gotta be a good chance he's better than Albiol) and they finally have good depth.

Dismember

For the past few years Bonaventura, out of nowhere signing from Atalanta, became Milan's best player even though he's very underrated. Last year he was good too, but he spent a lot of the season out with injury, so Suso stepped up and was Milan's best player by far over anyone else. He also has a very humble character, and I think he is also a bit underrated ( not as Bonaventura though) because of his poor stint with Liverpool. Some Milan fans still think that although he had a terrific season last year he is not quite up to be world class. I like him but I can understand their stance as well. Nevertheless, he should be an integral part of Milan's squad next year and Milan should not sell him. He and Bonaventura are Milan's basically only two links from the past seasons, and you need that to bring the team together this year. Plus if he can improve from last season even more, he will make Milan fans more confident in his potential.

Another issue that just happened in Milan is what I warned about Donnarumma. His contract was a poison for Milan because he should have gotten at most 3 million (6 before tax) , and that is at MOST. They gave him double that and even brought his terrible brother for 1 million per year just to please him. I posted here a week ago that this could be dangerous because if he demands that wage what would other kids demand ? kids who I think are better than him but still shouldnt get more than a million as theyre too young and havent played much. I specifically mentioned Locatelli who just today seems his agent is threatening to move to juventus. Of course Locatelli wont do that because he wants to play and has no place there, but this is their way of taking advantage of Donarrumma's fiasco. The Donarruma poison will not end soon, it only took few days after his contract signing for Milan to reap the consequences. Very shortsighted from the management. If they lose him theyre terrible, and if they pay him what he wants they will be overpaying a lot and thats called incompetence. Instead of just selling donarruma for 30 million this year and getting rid of the cancer, they welcome him and spread the poison in the club. And if he sucks this year ( which is very possible) they wont be able to sell him next year because no one will pay his wages, so Milan would have lost money on him instead of make money from him.

As for the team, the most exciting thing is the defense. Conti and Rodriguez are two of the most important signings. I think Bonucci coming was great too because playing 3 defenders at the back with Musacchio, Romagnoli and Bonucci would allow Rodriguez and Conti to move somewhat into a midfield five which is where they thrive well especially Conti. So its a win win since Conti will get his perfect position and you would have a very tough backline which is one of the best in Europe if they find harmony. The midfield is a toss up, Kessie is a very interesting player, he bullies midfielders so easily, has decent passing and crossing and can play box to box so efficiently at such a young age. Remains to be seen if his potential will materialize though. Biglia will finally rid Milan of the Montolivo problem, but his problem is that hes old, Milan shouldnt build the team around him. Now he may be perfect for Serie A and since Milan brought a completely new starting 11 he is the player who can hold them all together, but I dont know how much he can perform in Europe, europe league maybe but for next season in case of CL, his role as regista will become less useful. Also Milan payed 17 +3 million for him, too much for a 31 year old turning 32 in january. Theyre just betting he gets them the CL spot in Serie A because being the best regista in serie a could mean by itself a top 5-6 position in italian playing style. One good thing is that he is very fired up for Milan since Lazio has been the biggest club he has played for before and his rise to prominence took time, so he still has everything to prove so Milan will get three top years from him hopefully.

As for attack, either of Belotti or aubameyang will be perfect, and the depth of having one of them plus andre silva and suso and calhanoglu and bonaventura fighting for the three attacking positions will add much depth for Milan, which will help them in EL.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
What do you make of Bonaventura? I think he is Milan "unsung hero". He is a really underrated player.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
AC Milan have gone full FIFA career mode this summer. I'm impressed with how ambitious they are and I would love to see them back at their best to make the Serie A interesting again. I miss them in the CL tbh.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Fassone (their CEO) seem certain they're getting one of Aubameyang, Morata or Belotti. The latter has more recent rumors around him.

Astolfo

Fassone (their CEO) seem certain they're getting one of Aubameyang, Morata or Belotti. The latter has more recent rumors around him.
Today presentation of Torino home jersey: the most representative player of the team, Belotti, is not part of the photoshoot (portraying instead the new gk Sirigu, the new Brazilian cb Lyanko, Iago Falqué and Moretti) ... More than a clue?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Today presentation of Torino home jersey: the most representative player of the team, Belotti, is not part of the photoshoot (portraying instead the new gk Sirigu, the new Brazilian cb Lyanko, Iago Falqué and Moretti) ... More than a clue?
Don't think that matters too much. We've seen transfers happen despite players being in these kinds of photos before. Belotti seems the easiest to get, though. Torino seem open to the player exchange deal that Milan has offered with Paletta+Niang+cash. They're €20m apart at the moment so some distance to bridge. Don't think they'll stump up the €90m or whatever Madrid are asking for Morata. Aubameyang or Belotti would be my guess. Belotti probably.

Hojoon

He would be the one that makes the most sense out of him, Morata, and Auba.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
How will they cope with ffp with this spending?

paulscholes18

Got a lot of signings, it was key to get them early so they can have pre season to gel the best they can. I would line up

Donnarumma
Musacchio Bonucci Romagnoli
Conti Biglia De Sciglio
Kessie Bonaventura
Hakan
Silva
Looks a very good and balanced side
If AC do get Aubameyang, Morata or Belotti they come in for Bonaventura

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
With all the money spent how will they comply with the FFP when/if they qualify for the UCL next season?

PoTMS

Got a lot of signings, it was key to get them early so they can have pre season to gel the best they can. I would line up

Donnarumma
Musacchio Bonucci Romagnoli
Conti Biglia De Sciglio
Kessie Bonaventura
Hakan
Silva
Looks a very good and balanced side
If AC do get Aubameyang, Morata or Belotti they come in for Bonaventura
8/11 of that team are new signings. That'd take a whole lot of gelling.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
With all the money spent how will they comply with the FFP when/if they qualify for the UCL next season?
Their spending hasn't even been that bad tbh, plus they got rid of a few and I am sure they will get new "sponsors"
Some of the signings were loans with options to buy etc

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Their spending hasn't even been that bad tbh, plus they got rid of a few and I am sure they will get new "sponsors"
Some of the signings were loans with options to buy etc

And then there's this
Milan FFP talks delayed - June 9th 2017

Milan have announced that their Financial Fair Play talks with UEFA have been pushed back to the autumn.

A voluntary agreement had been requested by Milan after CEO Marco Fassone [pictured] was asked by UEFA to present a four-year business plan, with the intention of proving the club could manage their debts, ahead of their return to European competition next season.

Also didn't Inter have some trouble with the FFP in the past few weeks?

edit:

In depth analysis about Milan’s mega budget, UEFA and the Financial Fair Play

After the heavy investments in the transfer market made by the new Chinese Milan, many wondered where did the money came from and how will it be financially explained, especially given the looming issue of the Financial Fair Play. Marco Bellinazzo, a well known journalist very much prepared on economic issues, explained the situation on the online edition of Il Sole 24 Ore.

Currently, AC Milan is clearly out of the constrains imposed by the Financial Fair Play, which envisages a maximum of 30 million euros loss. In the last three years, the rossoneri have accumulated losses of 250 million euros. With the conquest of the Europa League play-offs, the club will return to be under the control of UEFA. However, this controls will begin next fall and any penalties will apply only for next season. In fact, the management is taking full advantage of this situation by spending and strengthening the team as much as possible.

At the same time, this club is working on the well known “Voluntary Agreement“, AC Milan’s financial plan to adhere within the parameters of the Financial Fair Play in three years. UEFA has postponed every decision in October, meanwhile the rossoneri will be able to modify this plan by adding some extra guarantees. If this plan results unsuccessful, the sanction would be even more serious than those which UEFA would have applied automatically.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Unrelated but I notice Mastour is on the departures list, thought he was hyped to be a future star?
Definition of YouTube footballer. Too many flaws in his game, despite all the trickery he possesses, and his ability to beat a man. Mentally he needed to evolve and expand his repertoire. He was too good for the primavera at one point, when the senior squad was starved of attackers, but he wasn't deemed good enough.

Two year loan deal to Malaga, cut short to one year, and he only managed 5 minutes of first team football. PEC Zwolle of the Eredivisie took him on for another loan, thanks to Raiola, but he failed there too, playing 150 minutes in 5 games.

It seemed as if he was more interested in making a good video for the internet, rather than contributing to the attacking phase or covering defensively.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Definition of YouTube footballer. Too many flaws in his game, despite all the trickery he possesses, and his ability to beat a man. Mentally he needed to evolve and expand his repertoire. He was too good for the primavera at one point, when the senior squad was starved of attackers, but he wasn't deemed good enough.

Two year loan deal to Malaga, cut short to one year, and he only managed 5 minutes of first team football. PEC Zwolle of the Eredivisie took him on for another loan, thanks to Raiola, but he failed there too, playing 150 minutes in 5 games.

It seemed as if he was more interested in making a good video for the internet, rather than contributing to the attacking phase or covering defensively.
Thanks. I wonder if there are a lot of cases like him, with kids thinking if they do skills like Ronaldinho they'll make it big, not realising he was far more than just a showboater.

Santos J

They've made some decent signings but think a lot of people are definitely overstating it. Not like they've signed absolute quality in every position. Bonucci is a brilliant one for them though.

Cassidy

They've made some decent signings but think a lot of people are definitely overstating it. Not like they've signed absolute quality in every position. Bonucci is a brilliant one for them though.
So is Mustacchio tbh and Kessie is a very good prospect and an upgrade too

Shady

As it stands I think they have overtaken Roma on paper at least. Napoli and Juve still a bit ahead. But great if Milan is back, always liked them.

Santos J

So is Mustacchio tbh and Kessie is a very good prospect and an upgrade too
Aye they're not underhwelming by any means but moves like Bonucci are the only one I see as surprising for the Milan of recent times. The rest I could have seen moving to Milan at any point in the last few years, think it's just more of a surprise that it's all happening this summer. Morata will be another good move though if they pull that off.

Cassidy

Aye they're not underhwelming by any means but moves like Bonucci are the only one I see as surprising for the Milan of recent times. The rest I could have seen moving to Milan at any point in the last few years, think it's just more of a surprise that it's all happening this summer. Morata will be another good move though if they pull that off.
Agree