AC Milan 2017/18

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If they get Auba/Bellotti in addition to Bonucci, then that is clearly good progress.. but anyone expecting an instant return of AC to juve level will be disappointed. It is however a step in the right direction and a sign that AC are looking to fight their way and build they way towards becoming a top club once again which is great for world football not just italian football. Truly historic club which is a contender for biggest club in the world at its very best.

Hopefully in 5-6 years time, we will see this blossom into a great project.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Hopefully they crash and burn. A club that has been mismanaged financially being given a handout by a billionaire owner probably with loads of dodgy sponsorship deals to follow to comply with FFP. No different to your other billionaire play toys except all those clubs get a lot of stick for doing the same thing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hopefully they crash and burn. A club that has been mismanaged financially being given a handout by a billionaire owner probably with loads of dodgy sponsorship deals to follow to comply with FFP. No different to your other billionaire play toys except all those clubs get a lot of stick for doing the same thing.
Why? Seria A clearly needs more competition

Moonred

More quantity than quality. Bonucci is great. Silva is young, a few are decent and a lot of rather average. No big club would be jealous and too many players coming together is never easy.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Montolivo - I want to puke. If I had been a Milan fan I'd devote my life to get that blood sucker out of the club.
He won't feature much now that Berlusconi and Galliani are gone. They were pretty much forcing managers to play their pet, and made him captain on top of that.

RedDevil@84

Is it worse than Juventus hogging all talents from all teams and winning the league every year?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
And why should a club suffer for a prolonged period of time, just because it's previous owner made some very poor choices? Berlusconi is gone, the club needs a respite from mid table mediocrity, and this is the most logical solution right now. Don't expect this to be the norm though. The squad absolutely needed an overhaul and that's what we're witnessing right now. Most of the players that have been bought are going to give several years of service, so I'd expect big transfers only of players who'd improve the first XI from the next window onward.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He won't feature much now that Berlusconi and Galliani are gone. They were pretty much forcing managers to play their pet, and made him captain on top of that.
The truth is they weren't forcing anyone. Montolivo played because he was genuinely their best midfielder. And he was captain because he really was the best option they had.

That pretty much tells you why milan fans are having a colossal collective orgasm when they saw the club signing kessie and biglia

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
The truth is they weren't forcing anyone. Montolivo played because he was genuinely their best midfielder. And he was captain because he really was the best option they had.

That pretty much tells you why milan fans are having a colossal collective orgasm when they saw the club signing kessie and biglia
You'd be surprised by how much he's hated by the fans. It's an irrational hatred too, I get that. But most people would prefer not to see him play anymore.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Renato Sanches and Kessie would be interesting
Don't see Sanches happening. Rummenigge was asked about it today, and while he confirmed Milan's inquiry he also said, that their proposal is way off what Bayern would deem acceptable.
A simple loan to Benfica for a year seems most likely atm,

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You'd be surprised by how much he's hated by the fans. It's an irrational hatred too, I get that. But most people would prefer not to see him play anymore.
I know man, sister, mother, brother and girlfriend, all milan fans. I know exactly how much milan fans hated Montolivo :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How's life as the family's pariah, btw?:D
Dad's an inter fan

And they're the pariahs as far as i'm concerned. Betrayers, too :lol:

Also, these days i can't hear 'em, 3 CL celebrations in 4 years made me zen :drool:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
I know Africans that are white so since when African means black? If you are American then I understand.
Where did I mention anyone's colour? Please don't misconstrue my point. All I'm saying is ethnicity shouldn't be used to measure a player's potential.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Where did I mention anyone's colour? Please don't misconstrue my point. All I'm saying is ethnicity shouldn't be used to measure a player's potential.
If someone said American, Asian or European would you answer the same way? African leagues are not know basically by anyone, age of some players are sometimes a gamble and the good born in Africa players play for Portugal :keano:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
If someone said American, Asian or European would you answer the same way? African leagues are not know basically by anyone, age of some players are sometimes a gamble and the good born in Africa players play for Portugal :keano:
I absolutely would, because it's a rather daft thing to say. But then again, I've noticed that it's the African born players who are scrutinized more often than any other ethnicity, so I suppose it makes sense to back them up more vigorously. There's just no point in stereotyping.

::sonny::

Don't see Sanches happening. Rummenigge was asked about it today, and while he confirmed Milan's inquiry he also said, that their proposal is way off what Bayern would deem acceptable.
A simple loan to Benfica for a year seems most likely atm,
Better for them, you can't trust Ancelotti

After destroying Douglas Costa, Kimmich, Muller, now it's Sanches turn

What a terrible manager, with the same players Zidane is doing far better than him

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Yeah, but you know you always take a big risk with a portuguese player. But maybe Milan are his level.
It's a huge risk with portuguese players who are creative. Imagine the attitude of Ronaldo without any talent to back it up with. I think Croatian players can also be that arrogant - real divas.

In Serie A there are plenty of creative players with huge egos without sufficient talent who get to spend their entire career spreading their JUNK around. I think it was a bad choice going there by Sanchez. Perhaps staying in Germany playing for a lesser side would have been a better choice.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It's a huge risk with portuguese players who are creative. Imagine the attitude of Ronaldo without any talent to back it up with. I think Croatian players can also be that arrogant - real divas.

In Serie A there are plenty of creative players with huge egos without sufficient talent who get to spend their entire career spreading their JUNK around. I think it was a bad choice going there by Sanchez. Perhaps staying in Germany playing for a lesser side would have been a better choice.
Playing in a glamour city like Milan is not gonna be a great help to him as well :D