Academy Awards 2015

Zen

How can you watch a film like that......like that?

Especially when you are loving it -_-

Boyhood
Linklater
Keaton/Redmayne(it's now leaning towards Keaton again, but still a big push for Redmayne, but possibly too young, too new to take it)
Moore
Arquette
Simmons

Wes probably gets original screenplay as his reward(close category though since it also has Birdman and Boyhood), Adapted Screenplay pretty weak, seems pretty open.

Zen

To be fair not really my picks, just saying who's barring a random nonsensical switch for surprise reasons, how it will go. None of those are the best. It's all about the campaign nowadays, you only merely need to be decent-good. Even of those nominated, I wouldn't pick them mostly.

Other than Mike Keaton, well deserving. Done his bit, been a great all rounder for years. More than happy to see him win, great man.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
To be fair not really my picks, just saying who's barring a random nonsensical switch for surprise reasons, how it will go. None of those are the best. It's all about the campaign nowadays, you only merely need to be decent-good. Even of those nominated, I wouldn't pick them mostly.

Other than Mike Keaton, well deserving. Done his bit, been a great all rounder for years. More than happy to see him win, great man.
That's what I meant too, I haven't even seen Still Alice.

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
Neither of my favourite performances got nominated this year (Ralph Fiennes - GBH & Essie Davis - The Babadook) so my interest has waned.

surf

Best actress: Julianne Moore, shame the rest of the film does not match her
Best actor: Eddie Redmayne
Best picture: Should have won, not sure if it was even nominated though - Mr Turner. Failing that Theory of Everything. Will win: no idea.

Jev

Birdman to win best picture, Linklater best director, Wes Anderson best script. Redmayne to win best actor, the rest obviously Moore, Simmons and Arquette.

I like Birdman more than Boyhood. Hoping for some Whiplash love.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
First time in years that I've barely seen any of the films nominated, and I'm not really that keen on watching any of them later on. I guess I'll watch Boyhood at some point tho.

Jev

First time in years that I've barely seen any of the films nominated, and I'm not really that keen on watching any of them later on. I guess I'll watch Boyhood at some point tho.
It's been a pretty good year actually.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
My guess: Birdman, Linklater, Redmayne, Moore, Simmons and Arquette to win.

Redmayne really shouldn't win but that role is pure Oscar bait, I don't think they'll be able to resist.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
My guess: Birdman, Linklater, Redmayne, Moore, Simmons and Arquette to win.

Redmayne really shouldn't win but that role is pure Oscar bait, I don't think they'll be able to resist.
So what if it's Oscar bait? It was a fantastic film and an incredible performance by Redmayne.

If he wins the Best Actor award it won't be because they can't resist Oscar bait, it'll be because he realistically and convincingly acted out a unique and difficult role to perfection.

Hitchcocker

Love Tegan and Sara but that performance was kinda pants. And is Travolta going through a transgender process as well? Looks more feminine each time I see him...but damn Preston is hot.

Pscholes18

Whats with the kid from Boyhood?....haven't seen the film but he looks miserable every time I see him on TV.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Princess Kaguya, though
Not English speaking enough to win. Animation is one of these categories where the voters vote without any knowledge. There was one English speaking live short and one documented short. Both won.

Hitchcocker

Whiplash has swept all categories, right? Well deserved too. Fantastic editing to make a film about jazz come to life.