Academy/U18s Milk Cup Schedule Announced

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
United very patient in possession so far. I like how comfortable our defenders are on the ball.

We definitely need more of a goal threat though. Finding it difficult to break them down at the moment.

Brightonian

United very patient in possession so far. I like how comfortable our defenders are on the ball.

We definitely need more of a goal threat though. Finding it difficult to break them down at the moment.
I'm sure it will come with time. You can already see how hard the Tyrone lads are having to work to keep us off. We could do with cutting out the odd sloppy pass in the middle, it keeps giving them that little bit of breathing time that they need.

Brightonian

I really haven't watched him enough to judge whether it's a fair comparison or not, but it just seems like the go-to comparison for commentators :)
It's a weird one, because you're right it is bizarrely common, but I also usually find it a pretty decent comparison. Maybe there are just a lot of Viera-like youngsters out there!

I did hear that one for Pogba a lot, and it wasn't really accurate, either in his box-to-box role with our reserves, or his deep role at Juve. For me he's more of a Seedorf (but once again... black midfielder=black midfielder :nervous:)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pogba's style is similar to Gerrard I think.

jb8521

I'm sure it will come with time. You can already see how hard the Tyrone lads are having to work to keep us off. We could do with cutting out the odd sloppy pass in the middle, it keeps giving them that little bit of breathing time that they need.
Think thats partly to do with the pitch the ball looks to be dying a bit at times. Liking the look of Tuanzebe so far

PS18

There's definitely something reminiscent of Vieira in Willock's posture and running style. Style of play's a different matter obviously. Impressed by him today though.

KM

Yeah just saw it.

KM

Rashford coming on. He is highly rated by all accounts.

Brightonian

Pereira drops the shoulder and shoots beautifully, hits the post. United lads starting to get a bit frustrated now.

KM

Periera hits the post!

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
United upping it now and/or they're getting tired. Pereira with a shot on the post.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
So is this McBurnie lad on trial or a stop gap replacement due to injury?

Brightonian

Of course under the actual rules he has to be in control of the ball, which he wasn't. But at the top level that gets given every time.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Of course under the actual rules he has to be in control of the ball, which he wasn't. But at the top level that gets given every time.
Are you sure about that? That seems a stupid rule. What about Patrick Battiston vs Schumacher?

Brightonian

Impressed by Pereira (obviously), Mitchell, Rashford (in his brief appearance), Tuanzebe (minus one or two slips of concentration), Borthwick-Jackson and Willock. McBurnie was obviously very effective too.

EDIT: Always the dropped lid. You're not a proper footballer until you've dropped a trophy lid.