Academy v Leeds (07/05/2011)

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Last league game for our youngsters, ten days before first leg of FA Youth Cup final.

We're fifth in Group C and will remain there even if we win.

But I made this thread mainly to ask... I heard it's gonna be played behind closed doors, but it is on MUTV, right?

Game starts, as usual, at 11am.

pillory

Finished 5-0, team was Johnstone, M Keane, Blackett, Thorpe, McGinty, Tunnicliffe, Lingard, Pogba, W Keane, Morrison, van Velzen. Thorpe, Tunnicliffe, Keane 2 and VV, I think.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Our strongest line-up at the moment (probably the same will play Sheffield in FA Youth Cup) won 5-0.

Goals: Will Keane 2, Gyliano van Velzen, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Tom Thorpe.

Johnstone, M Keane, Blackett, Thorpe, McGinty, Tunnicliffe, Lingard, Pogba, W Keane, Morrison, van Velzen

Cofie on Morrison ('61), Sutherland for Johnstone ('61), Lawrence for W Keane ('70).

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Poor Leeds, didn't we recently kill their u16s too? Good to see Cofie's back, but where's little Larny C-dawg?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
According to PS18's twitter, it was a very young Leeds side.

But still impressive result, despite the teams.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
We don't really know any facts about that particular situation, best just to wait for them to emerge.

Girish II

I caught them today, no issues. Will post them tomorrow, there might be a repeat by then.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Thanks, Girish II.

I'm sure a lot of people on here wouldn't get to see highlights of the reserves or u-18s if it wasn't for the videos you post.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Excellent stuff GII, many thanks as ever. We played some lovely stuff.

Did a bit of research on the Leeds team to have a look at the ages, according to wiki most of them were the equivalent of our first year scholars, with a few 2nd years, one 19 year old and one U16 starting, with a few more on the bench.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
G2. Sex.

This camera at ground level nonsense is a temporary part of the Carrington expansion, right?

datura

Hard to believe that we have fielded 42 players this season at Academy level, only 2 being strikers!

Hopefully we finish the season strongly in the FA Youth Cup, then it's looking forward to the Milk Cup and the new season's intake.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I would like to point you in the direction of Ryan Tunnicliffe who hit his dougie after he scored. By following the players on Twitter you realise they are just like any other kids