Adam Ounas

LukeMCFC

Supports
Manchester City.
I'm totally allergic to that player, I don't rate him at all.
I know your French but wasn't it only a month ago you said martial hadn't progressed from his time at Monaco? Which is absurd.

Anyway this Ounas was linked to city before he signed a professional deal definitely looks talented and would be cheap I reckon.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know your French but wasn't it only a month ago you said martial hadn't progressed from his time at Monaco? Which is absurd.

Anyway this Ounas was linked to city before he signed a professional deal definitely looks talented and would be cheap I reckon.
It was two months ago and it was true, Martial showed a lot more just after that post. As for Ounas, I don't claim to be right I just don't like him or the way his team play.

Cheekiey

just looked into him bad mouthing deschamps.... He was 16 years for god sake, he called deschamps a S.O.B on Twitter for leaving out Ben Arfa and Nasri for the 2014 World Cup team. 16 years old remember... Iv said a lot worse when I was 16.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Downcast

Give us the lowdown on this one, please.
Hope you're fine :)

Regarding Ounas, I am of those who think it is too early to judge his potential. He plays for a very weak team and his stats are good for a player who has discovered the 1st division: 6 goals in 30 games as an attacking midfielder

My main concern is clearly his physical attributes: he is very...light (5 ft 7 1⁄2 + 141 lbs)

A player like Rémy Cabella (similar physical attributes) was a big failure with Newcastle despite 2 good years in the French league.

To sum up, he is 19 years old, promising and has good technical skills/read of the game but he is still an unconfirmed player and don't think he is ready to play for a big club next season. For instance, Renato Sanchez (18y) already shined in the Champions League. Dembélé (19y) has scored 12 goals last season

A potentially interesting deal could be to acquire him for a limited amount (inferior to €10 m) and loan the player for the next season.

In France, the only one young phenomenon was Dembélé without dispute but he joined Dortmund :(

Dazzmondo

This strikes me as a potentially great signing. Clear talent. In terms of his professionalism I'm not too concerned tbh. If he adapts to the Premier League and Mourinho's tactics quickly, this could be seen as a massive bargain. He'd likely cost a lot less than £20m, which for a young player with such quality dribbling ability is actually quite amazing in the current market. He may struggle due to his lack of physicality but hopefully he can overcome it. Worth the limited risk imo.

worldinmotion66

Think I prefer him over Sane ability wise. I don't really like what I hear about his attitude though, and the fact that he did a pass while looking in the opposite direction in his youtube video. Seems more Ben Arfa than Hazard to me.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Hope you're fine :)

Regarding Ounas, I am of those who think it is too early to judge his potential. He plays for a very weak team and his stats are good for a player who has discovered the 1st division: 6 goals in 30 games as an attacking midfielder

My main concern is clearly his physical attributes: he is very...light (5 ft 7 1⁄2 + 141 lbs)

A player like Rémy Cabella (similar physical attributes) was a big failure with Newcastle despite 2 good years in the French league.

To sum up, he is 19 years old, promising and has good technical skills/read of the game but he is still an unconfirmed player and don't think he is ready to play for a big club next season. For instance, Renato Sanchez (18y) already shined in the Champions League. Dembélé (19y) has scored 12 goals last season

A potentially interesting deal could be to acquire him for a limited amount (inferior to €10 m) and loan the player for the next season.

In France, the only one young phenomenon was Dembélé without dispute but he joined Dortmund :(
I am fine, thank you. Hope you are fine as well.

Fancy dribblers from the french league seems to be all the rage these days. I think it is because the best talent in Spain \ Brazil etc. inevitably end up in Spain with the "big two", and we have seen a lot of success from french players like Kante, Mahrez, Martial etc. in the PL lately. I think the general thought is that french players acclimatize quicker to the league and country. Also the probably strongest generation in terms of your national team for many, many years adds to the hype.

It also helps that the price tag for french talent seems a fair bit lower than german \ spanish \ brazilian.

Friction

Honestly, while I think this guy looks decent and talented, he's got some issues and negatives to work out.

The positives - He looks very quick and fast; his first step is probably one of the fastest I've seen lately. He beats most people in the first 3 steps and he is gone. He looks to have some very good dribbling skills as well, though sometimes it looks very chaotic, and almost accidentally lucky at times. The attributes that any good youtube highlight video should have.

The negatives - He seems like he gets in trouble quite a bit. He's had problems with managers and other players and caused media issues with it. With a manager like Mourinho, that could be a a nightmare just waiting to happen. I read that he even managed to get kicked off a team when he was younger too. He looks like a very raw talent. His finishing needs a lot of work; he skies balls into the stands or sends them wide too often. He looks a little too greedy for my liking. In his youtube highlight videos, he had teammates that were wide open, and he failed to see them or pass to them, whilst skying the ball to row z. His size, while helping his quick pace, also leaves him vulnerable to hits. Even in his videos, he goes down with almost every nudge or 50/50 challenge. While the French league is probably the closest to the Premier League in terms of strength and physicality of play, I could see him having major issues in the league. Getting knocked down with every other 50/50 challenge might become an injury worry then.

Perhaps this might just be because of my personal liking of the player, but why would we be looking outside our own team for a young CAM/Winger, when we have Andreas Pereira just waiting for some time in the first team. It's one of the many things I never understood with LVG. When Andreas wanted to be loaned to get senior playing time, LVG promised him time here, then never gave it to him. I'm not advocating for him to start every game, but surely he's good enough to come on as a sub. I mean come on, if you're going to start Nick Powell for a few games, surely Andreas could have had a chance. He is almost too good for the U21 team (like many of our youngsters).

Reactions: Duafc

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Seems a bit harsh given that he just recovered from one of the worst injuries in pro sports.
Well he was being a cnut as he demanded lyon play him as he wanted to go to euros and when he could not get in shape blamed it on not playing enough and the staff.

JPRouve

Scout
Well he was being a cnut as he demanded lyon play him as he wanted to go to euros and when he could not get in shape blamed it on not playing enough and the staff.
You are overreacting a little bit, Fekir wasn't particularly out of shape and he was decent in the very limited time that he has been given. He could have played more but the team was in a great run and Genesio chose to not change his team. Fekir wasn't over weight.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
You are overreacting a little bit, Fekir wasn't particularly out of shape and he was decent in the very limited time that he has been given. He could have played more but the team was in a great run and Genesio chose to not change his team. Fekir wasn't over weight.
Well he was. Also the lyon fans i know say he demanded more game time even when he was not fit enough. I am a big fan of his but this is the type of attitude ben arfa had.

Devil may care

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ho-wants-him-as-first-man-utd-signing-4132407

If Adam Ounas does land at Manchester United this summer, the first bit of advice to come from Jose Mourinho will surely be: Get off social media!

No matter what happens to the Bordeaux prospect in the coming months, we're all going to be hearing more and more about Adam Ounas.

On the pitch, the attraction for United is obvious. Mourinho's predecessor, Louis van Gaal, made it almost a mantra when discussing his squad last season: "We need more fast, creative players". Which describes Ounas to a tee.

The boy is rapid. Can create and score goals. And boasts a box of tricks that Bordeaux sources claim he's barely touched since his first team breakthrough in October.

"I love watching (Angel) Di Maria and (Sofiane) Boufal," says Ounas. "They're role models for me.

"What they've achieved is huge and its something I aspire to be also."

Di Maria? Boufal? You get the drift. Ounas is the type of fleet-of-foot winger Van Gaal was craving last season. Now, it's emerged this week, United have opened talks with Bordeaux's outspoken president, Jean-Louis Triaud, about a price for the teen.

But do United really know what they're getting?

Listen to his coaches and butter wouldn't melt... Willy Sagnol, who gave Ounas his Bordeaux debut this past season, admits the youngster was a rare highlight in a dismal campaign.

"Currently, when I think about selecting a player, Adam comes first to my mind for his technique and freshness," Sagnol stated at the time. "His attitude or his involvement in the junior teams is often discussed, but since he's been with us, he is blameless."

Yeah, the "attitude". It was this attitude that had Ounas shown the door at Chateauroux, finding himself with a regional club going nowhere. But a chance appearance in a charity game in front of a watching Bordeaux scout changed his life.

"Arnaud Vaillant, the recruiter, with Yannick Stopyra saw me in a gala match featuring several players who had just been excluded from training centers. I did a week of trials there. I also had a chance to join Caen, but my mind was made up. I told my agent to forget about Caen. I didn't even want to trial there. I already was set on joining Bordeaux."

And the Chateauroux experience?

"They were childish mistakes because I was immature. When you are young, you can do silly things."

Ounas admits being dumped did jolt him.

"At first it was a bit difficult, I thought it was going to be hard to find a club where I could turn pro, even if I was talented. To return to a pro club after a year. A club like Bordeaux. It is extraordinary."

But even with the second chance Bordeaux provided, Ounas was still prone to the occasional outburst. As Sagnol hinted, there has been the odd flashpoint for Ounas at youth level.

Teammate Frederic Guilbert says: "Adam is a very good player, we all know his technical qualities and he helps us a lot on the field.

"But as I have always said, he must do mental work and not talk too much to the referee, he should focus on his game."

Ounas does recognise he has a problem with his temperament - and to his credit is trying to find a fix.

"With the U19s, I did have problems. I knew it. The coaches, though, have told me things are getting better. But I know that now I'm with the first team, I have to work doubly hard on all my weaknesses."

One thing you can't level at Ounas is a lack of honesty about his game and his progress. Indeed, rather than milk the praise and applause that has come his way this season, Ounas has been quick to highlight where he needs to improve.

"I think I've improved considerably," he reflected, before adding, "but I know defensively I can do much better.

"I must get stronger. I can't hide the fact that I get tired in games and so can't co-ordinate with the fullback as much as I should. Without the fatigue, I know I could do a better job defensively."

But there is still the temptations of social media - something which Ounas has had plenty of experience with.

Just like another Frenchman with Manchester United connections, Ounas is no great fan of Les Bleus coach Didier Deschamps and his treatment of Hatem Ben Arfa and Samir Nasri. He let Deschamps have it on Twitter, before deleting his account.

"We've now introduced training on social media for our young players, to prevent risks," announced U17 Bordeaux coach Armand Garrido.

Thing is, this whole episode occurred back in 2014, after France's World Cup squad was announced. Fast-forward to today and Ounas is not only back on Twitter, but tearing things up again.

In March, he allegedly branded Toulouse "sh**" on Twitter. He then denied the claims and insisted he was only speaking about Wissam Ben Yedder, the TFC striker! All good fun, but a headache for Bordeaux management. And it became worse on Periscope, with claims from fans that he stated "we will see later in the season if I stay".

It's been exasperating for Bordeaux officials, as they've done all they can to shield Ounas from the media glare, limiting him to only a handful of interviews since his October debut. It's perhaps no coincidence that his Periscope admission came on the same day as Sagnol's sacking.

The former Bayern Munich fullback remains among Ounas' biggest fans and whether it's with Bordeaux, United or another club, Sagnol is convinced he can have a big future in the game.

"I really hope he will not settle for just a handful of appearances. I believe he has the potential to go far. But he must be protected..."

JPRouve

Scout
Well he was. Also the lyon fans i know say he demanded more game time even when he was not fit enough. I am a big fan of his but this is the type of attitude ben arfa had.
Fekir hasn't talked and Genesio said nothing too, there is only one paper who claimed that they know that Fekir was unhappy.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Fekir won't move simply because no club will take the risk to acquire a player who was injured in the last 6 months.

JPRouve

Scout
I just saw a BOufal video and he looks a far more talented (though not faster) player. What's the deal with him?
He is good but still a litlle bit inconsistent, Antonetti is doing a good job with him.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I don't believe in this guy.

At the same age, Benzema, Henry, Trezeguet, Ben Arfa were already world-class players. Players like Jeremy Menez or Mamadou Sakho were already excellent.

Dembélé has impressed everyone here: excellent stats and mentality.

In France, Ounas isn't considered as a great young talent, just as 'an interesting player who brings enthusiasm to a weak team'.

Once again, he looks like a child: he should join the reserve team of Arsenal. He lacks maturity in every sense of the word.

JPRouve

Scout

At the same age, Benzema, Henry, Trezeguet, Ben Arfa were already world-class players.

In France, Ounas isn't considered as a great young talent, just as 'an interesting player who brings enthusiasm to a weak team'.

Once again, he looks like a child: he should join the reserve team of Arsenal.
I have been more impressed by Cornet or even Mbappe than Ounas.

LukeMCFC

Supports
Manchester City.
It was two months ago and it was true, Martial showed a lot more just after that post. As for Ounas, I don't claim to be right I just don't like him or the way his team play.
Regardless of when it ws said it was patently not true.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I have been more impressed by Cornet or even Mbappe than Ounas.
The same. These players are already tailored to play at the high level: physically stronger.

I follow a PSG forum and has never read there someone saying that PSG should sign him.

LukeMCFC

Supports
Manchester City.

At the same age, Benzema, Henry, Trezeguet, Ben Arfa were already world-class players. Players like Jeremy Menez or Mamadou Sakho were already excellent.

Once again, he looks like a child: he should join the reserve team of Arsenal. He lacks maturity in every sense of the word.
Really poor logic i don't know where to begin. Progression isn't liner, you cant compare how fast player a progressed to player b especially when its his first year of professional football. His impact in this instance is irrelevant. He looks to possess the tools needed in my opinion and he'd also be a very cheap signing for a position you need.

Cant see any negative.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Really poor logic i don't know where to begin. Progression isn't liner, you cant compare how fast player a progressed to player b especially when its his first year of professional football. His impact in this instance is irrelevant. He looks to possess the tools needed in my opinion and he'd also be a very cheap signing for a position you need.

Cant see any negative.
Maybe you're right but I can see more interesting prospects of a similar age imho.

JPRouve

Scout
Regardless of when it ws said it was patently not true.
That's your opinion, I knew that he could be a lot better and he proved it during the last month of the season and what he did wasn't far from his best which was also in the last month of last season with Monaco. And Martial himself thinks that his season has been "OK" and that he can do better.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I don't even know anything about Ounas but hyperbole to the fullest here. Ben Arfa has never been world class let alone when he was Ounas' age. He had 3 senior goals to his name and had yet to play even more than 830 minutes in a season. Trezeguet had never scored a senior goal before and had 15 appearances. Henry and Benzema were better but they were hardly anywhere near world class.

And then there is the point that Luke brings up of development not being linear and everyone developing at different rates. It is ridiculous to write a player off based on what another player did at the same age. You don't rate Ounas, fair enough but it should have nothing to do with other players supposedly being world class at the same age.

At Martial's age, Ronald was averaging about a goal a game over around 150 games, had won the world cup, was top scorer in 3 different leagues, European Golden Boot, Fifa player of the year, do I need to go on? Martial must have no chance so.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@limerickcitykid

Humm. You're right:

- I am a bit too severe
- There is no linear developments
- Football is made of surprises

When I say 'world class', I did want to mean 'the potential to be part of the football elite': players at the same age who already outperform confirmed players. When you watch the games of Henry or Benzema at the age of 17-18, you already know they could be part of the elite football. The same for Dembélé imho.

**** Regarding Martial, he left Lyon at the age of 17 for € 5 millions (a record at this age here despite the fact he played only 4 games a professional player at this moment) because Lyon was in financial difficulty. Younger, he was already known as one of the most promising French young players and the best of his generation at Olympique Lyonnais, the best French training academy.

**** Ben Arfa should have had a career similar to Benzema but he lacked maturity. Ben Arfa at the age of 18 has already played 4 games in the Champions League and the hype was totally justified. And he used to play for the best French club of the 2000s.

**** Trezeguet used to play for Monaco, a top European team in the 90s comprised of players like Sonny Anderson, Giuly, Ikpeba, Lamouchi, Gava, Benarbia, Henry, Ndoram. At the age of 20, he had the opportunity to play: 24 goals in 97/98 all competitions. The club of Bordeaux is the perfect place for Ounas to have playing time.

As I said earlier, I just think it is too early for him to move elsewhere and I am not of those who think he should be acquired for an amount superior to €15 millions IMHO.

Last edited:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
From those highlights Ounas looks extremely light. I'm not sure if Mourinho likes that in his wingers.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
In 2014, Ounas called the coach of the French national team, Didier Deschamps, a “son of a b*tch” for leaving out Hatem Ben Arfa and Samir Nasri in his World Cup team.

Other embarrassing tweets included posts about meeting girls at hookah lounges and an indirect message at a lady friend who was seeing other men. In a matter of hours, Ounas deactivated his account and created a new one.

In March, Ounas also took to Periscope to badmouth Wissam Ben Yedder after the Toulouse striker proclaimed that their win 4-0 win against Bordeaux was ‘too easy’.

“Ben Yedder seriously thinks he’s Ronaldo. He’ll see when he’s relegated to Ligue 2. He pisses me off.”

3KDré

In 2014, Ounas called the coach of the French national team, Didier Deschamps, a “son of a b*tch” for leaving out Hatem Ben Arfa and Samir Nasri in his World Cup team.

Other embarrassing tweets included posts about meeting girls at hookah lounges and an indirect message at a lady friend who was seeing other men. In a matter of hours, Ounas deactivated his account and created a new one.

In March, Ounas also took to Periscope to badmouth Wissam Ben Yedder after the Toulouse striker proclaimed that their win 4-0 win against Bordeaux was ‘too easy’.

“Ben Yedder seriously thinks he’s Ronaldo. He’ll see when he’s relegated to Ligue 2. He pisses me off.”

As long as he is not hurting someone physically or mentally I don't see what the problem is. Maybe he is a douche but he was about 17 at the time?
He's called someone a name, wow big deal! Ryan Giggs shagged his brother's wife for 8 years yet is adored by many and called a legend. George Best beat his wife and is also called a legend.
So why does it matter if Ounas said a few things two years ago?

EDIT: Oh you support PSG. Didn't see that.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@TitusCrumble

Sure, not a big deal. Jérémy Menez, Ben Arfa, Nasri, Anelka, Benzema have been penalized for their behaviour off the pitch.

There is no coincidence if some of these players have a limited number of caps with France despite their talent.

Let's talk about him next year to see if he is mentally prepared to shine at the high level.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
On the pitch seems his only flaw is decision making in the final third, which is to be expected at that age I suppose.