Adam Ounas

Nickosaur

I don't like his name. Ounas. Meh.

But he looks like a weaker, shorter, nippier version of Riyad Mahrez. Could be worth a punt.

RedStarUnited

Fook me - it says a lot about the exposure of the French league that this kid (judging from the youtube clips) is a nobody. If he was English and playing in the Prem with a similar highlight reel, he would be a 50m pound player by now. See Sterling as proof, and I dont think Sterling looked as exciting or had numbers similar to this kid.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fook me - it says a lot about the exposure of the French league that this kid (judging from the youtube clips) is a nobody. If he was English and playing in the Prem with a similar highlight reel, he would be a 50m pound player by now. See Sterling as proof, and I dont think Sterling looked as exciting or had numbers similar to this kid.
It's more due to the fact that he isn't hyped up in France, he isn't the best talent to come through and he didn't had the best performances. He also plays for a team that is terrible going forward.

Impulse

Sterling's stats at the same age were much better.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Looks talented. He's not a big player but he seems brave enough to take his man on. Also I like the fact he's not only quick but he continues moving.

ReDDHDevilS

Ounas is a serious talent. I hope we don't miss out on him like we did with Sanches.

I watched him couple of times once we're linked with him. He simply tore Monaco's defense, the best in France as far as I'm concerned and one of the most toughest nuts to crack in Europe, to shreds. He'd Monaco's defense all over the place.

The thing about Ounas impressed me most is his decision making, superb for a player which was only his debut season. His decision making is way better than the likes of Sane, Bernardo Silva etc. His first touch, pace, dribbling and play making ability are what we severely lack on the right side. He also seemed to be a willing hard worker as he's tacking back all the time. He's also quite strong from what I've seen (definitely stronger than Mata, Bernardo Silva).

To me he's a faster, better dribbler, stronger but a less clinical version of Mata although I won't worry much about the latter considering he's only 19 and it's his breakthrough season. He'd would have been an ideal wide play maker that LVG was craving for (or at least was trying with Mata) on the right side.

Wide play maker like Messi, Ribery, Hazard etc. are hard to find. We tried it with Mata but he doesn't have the pace, nor have the dribbling ability to play that role effectively in the PL.

A wide play maker Ounas on the right and a wide forward Martial on the left would be a tasty wide pairing to have.

Reactions: Snowjoe

GledTheRed

Ounas is a serious talent. I hope we don't miss out on him like we did with Sanches.

I watched him couple of times once we're linked with him. He simply tore Monaco's defense, the best in France as far as I'm concerned and one of the most toughest nuts to crack in Europe, to shreds. He'd Monaco's defense all over the place.

The thing about Ounas impressed me most is his decision making, superb for a player which was only his debut season. His decision making is way better than the likes of Sane, Bernardo Silva etc. His first touch, pace, dribbling and play making ability are what we severely lack on the right side. He also seemed to be a willing hard worker as he's tacking back all the time. He's also quite strong from what I've seen (definitely stronger than Mata, Bernardo Silva).

To me he's a faster, better dribbler, stronger but a less clinical version of Mata although I won't worry much about the latter considering he's only 19 and it's his breakthrough season. He'd would have been an ideal wide play maker that LVG was craving for (or at least was trying with Mata) on the right side.

Wide play maker like Messi, Ribery, Hazard etc. are hard to find. We tried it with Mata but he doesn't have the pace, nor have the dribbling ability to play that role effectively in the PL.
soA wide play maker Ounas on the right and a wide forward Martial on the left would be a tasty wide pairing to have.

SOLD!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
12/13 Sterlings first season, 2 goals. This is Ounas first season of football.
Sterling had 2 goals and 6 assists to Ounas' 6 goals and 3 assists. Sterling was also over a year younger in 12/13 than Ounas was in 15/16 and playing in a stronger league. Therefore their numbers were very similar, with Ounas being more of a goal scorer and Sterling being more of a provider. Sterling also wasn't worth 50m after 12/13. Sterling's season at the same age of Ounas would be 13/14 where he got 10 goals and 9 assists, again in a much stronger league. So, not very good proof at all.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sterling had 2 goals and 6 assists to Ounas' 6 goals and 3 assists. Sterling was also over a year younger in 12/13 than Ounas was in 15/16 and playing in a stronger league. Therefore their numbers were very similar, with Ounas being more of a goal scorer and Sterling being more of a provider. Sterling also wasn't worth 50m after 12/13. Sterling's season at the same age of Ounas would be 13/14 where he got 10 goals and 9 assists, again in a much stronger league. So, not very good proof at all.
Stirling played in a much stronger team.

Fer

How good is Ounas compared with Dembele? (same age, nationality and league)

Swaters16

No idea honestly, but judging from reports, Dembele was carrying his team. Scoring, assisting, etc. So I would guess that Dembele is probably a decent bit better right now.

JPRouve

Scout
Dembélé was the best U21 in the country while Ounas is the second best U21 in his team.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Dembélé was the best U21 in the country while Ounas is the second best U21 in his team.
You and @Downcast should do a write up on the French league since it is so much jizzworthy talent there at the moment. It seems like every team has atleast one of these Mahrez-like quick driblers or talented attackers.

Ounas
Crivelli
Boufal
Fekir
Lacazette
Silva
Plea
Thomas Toure
and the list goes on and on.

The relative success of french "unknown" players like Payet, Mahrez etc. in the PL makes the French League very interesting. Also pricewise it seems like a more realistic league than some others.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
OK the first video I wasn't so impressed, but he looks much faster, stronger and better rounded in that video.

He's desceptively quick I think because he seems quite small, but he holds off pressure well and has quick feet to avoid challenges. He actually does remind me of Mahrez a lot in style. If we could get him for a fair price I think he could certainly help add some pace and trickery to the wing.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
You and @Downcast should do a write up on the French league since it is so much jizzworthy talent there at the moment. It seems like every team has atleast one of these Mahrez-like quick driblers or talented attackers.

Ounas
Crivelli
Boufal
Fekir
Lacazette
Silva
Plea
Thomas Toure
and the list goes on and on.

The relative success of french "unknown" players like Payet, Mahrez etc. in the PL makes the French League very interesting. Also pricewise it seems like a more realistic league than some others.
+++
Lacazette & Boufal are authorized to leave the club if the latter receives a good offer. They could be successful with clubs like West Ham
Alassane Pléa is very interesting

----
Ounas: you know my views :)
Fékir was injured in the last 6 months so I would be surprised to see a club ready to acquire now
Thomas Touré: two goals in 15/16 and 3 goals in 14/15. Not interesting.
Crivelli: a kind of future French Andy Carroll. :D

Red_Beans

A wide play maker Ounas on the right and a wide forward Martial on the left would be a tasty wide pairing to have.
Or we could go for Dortmunds Miki who is all those things you described but better

JPRouve

Scout
@SwansonsTache

In all positions and only U21 the best talents that I know are: Koziello, Cornet, Lemar, Vada, Rony Lopes, Corentin Jean, Tolisso, Blin, Ounas, Bakayoko, A.Traoré, Kinpembe, Boga, A.Touré, Saint-Maximin and Mbappe.
There are other players but I'm not really familiar with them or they haven't played in Ligue 1 yet.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@SwansonsTache @JPRouve

I'd say

France U21: kimpembe, lemar, tolisso, rabiot, dembele,
France U19: mbappe, augustin, nkunku, tousart
Otherwise, you also have doucouré & ikoné

PSG, Monaco & Lyon are clearly now the best football training centres. Rennes is also good.

Borden

Kind of moot though. Ronaldo at 18 had 6 goals and 4 assists from 39 apps (23 starts) and 9 goals and 4 assists at 19 being a regular starter. Not particularly impressive numbers.

When you're that young numbers don't matter much (though there are exceptions of course, of players who are almost fully developed at that age and about as good as they'll ever be).

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Kind of moot though. Ronaldo at 18 had 6 goals and 4 assists from 39 apps (23 starts) and 9 goals and 4 assists at 19 being a regular starter. Not particularly impressive numbers.

When you're that young numbers don't matter much (though there are exceptions of course, of players who are almost fully developed at that age and about as good as they'll ever be).
Which has nothing to do with the conversation that was taking place. I never said anything about the importance of numbers at a young age. The OP said Sterling never had similar numbers to Ounas which I simply corrected.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
@SwansonsTache @JPRouve

I'd say

France U21: kimpembe, lemar, tolisso, rabiot, dembele,
France U19: mbappe, augustin, nkunku, tousart
Otherwise, you also have doucouré & ikoné

PSG, Monaco & Lyon are clearly now the best football training centres. Rennes is also good.
Don't forget the mighty Stéphanoise!

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Don't forget the mighty Stéphanoise!
Lol. Strangely, they don't produce a lot of end products like Perrin maybe because of Lyon :p

Do you want Galthier to remain the head coach of ASSE?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Lol. Strangely, they don't produce a lot of end products like Perrin maybe because of Lyon :p

Do you want Galthier to remain the head coach of ASSE?
Haha yeah. I always think they're the integral part of where they turn a corner in their career though; like Payet!

Honestly, it's a tough one. You'd be hard pushed to find anyone better that would want to come, IMO. Are there any names in the hat?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Man Utd to fight with 5 clubs including Naples, Southampton etc. for UNAs. Bordeaux does not want to sell it!

Manchester United, Naples, Southampton, Stoke City, another English club and the Red Bull Leipzig contacted the entourage of UNAs!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don't know anything about him, is he considered a big talent?

C'est Moi Cantona

Whatever Stoke, Southampton, etc are offering, no doubt we'll be forced to pay double to get him.

Have to ask the question as to why we are seemingly the only top club linked to him also.