Adam Wharton - looks destined for big things.

Depends on whether there's a release clause in his contract.

It seems as though Eze and Olise could both be available in the £60-70m range which doesn't tally with some of the ludicrous fees we've seen in recent years.
True. And if he does indeed have a reasonable release clause I bet 1 or 2 big clubs have a go if he impresses at the Euro’s.

I know he's good on the ball but what is he like defensively? I've seen him compared to Rice (who IMO was a player we should have gone all in for years ago) and if he's anything like him, we should do everything in our power to geit him.

I know he's good on the ball but what is he like defensively? I've seen him compared to Rice (who IMO was a player we should have gone all in for years ago) and if he's anything like him, we should do everything in our power to geit him.

80425f843769911914bd04ab3f5f34a1.png

More of a ball winner than Rice has been, but at 20 years old and 15 premier league matches he may not spot danger as quickly. Would be expected at that age

Think he’s a must sign. Him and Mainoo could be a phenomenal partnership for years to come.
Come on Wilcox. Make it happen.

Yep completely agree and exactly the type of 6 we need to pair with Kobbie/add to the squad there are however reasonable (though possibly not identical) talents abroad who should be available for similar reasonable fees. We missed out on Arthur Vermeeren who's gone to athletico Madrid for an identical fee but off the top of my head you have Joey Veerman of PSV (older and less aggressive but still quality) and Gourna-Douath of Salzburg both can perform similar roles as controlling 6's which is a type of player we need.

They're both interesting prospects and fit the type of player we need. Would have definitely gone for Vermeeren at the price he went for.

We've also been linked to Hjulmand at Sporting, who looks decent and might not cost the universe.

Great player and he is the one I'd buy from Palace if I had the chance but he's at a PL club, so will cost minimum £100m.

True. And if he does indeed have a reasonable release clause I bet 1 or 2 big clubs have a go if he impresses at the Euro’s.

Any release clause almost certainly won’t be valid as early as this summer.

Dougie Freeman looks to have done a great job identify talents that are ready for the big stage.

80425f843769911914bd04ab3f5f34a1.png

More of a ball winner than Rice has been, but at 20 years old and 15 premier league matches he may not spot danger as quickly. Would be expected at that age
That passing looks terrible.

Yep completely agree and exactly the type of 6 we need to pair with Kobbie/add to the squad there are however reasonable (though possibly not identical) talents abroad who should be available for similar reasonable fees. We missed out on Arthur Vermeeren who's gone to athletico Madrid for an identical fee but off the top of my head you have Joey Veerman of PSV (older and less aggressive but still quality) and Gourna-Douath of Salzburg both can perform similar roles as controlling 6's which is a type of player we need.

I like Gourna-Douath as well and really surprised there’s not much talk about him. He’s one that in 3 years time, we will wonder why we never moved for him earlier as we weigh up a 80m bid to get him from whichever club he joins after Salzburg. He reminds me of Tchouameni, where you can see the potential and think it’s just a matter of time before he steps up. He plays a bit like him too.

Forgive me if im missing something but how has this lad suddenly got so highly rated? 6 months ago he was languishing in the championship at Blackburn.

Forgive me if im missing something but how has this lad suddenly got so highly rated? 6 months ago he was languishing in the championship at Blackburn.
Was he not rated before?

He’s clearly taken well to the step up in competition and his reputation has probably benefited from the increased exposure of the premier league.

Let’s not forget he’s only 20 years old.

We'll try a Moyesie and try and get Olise and Wharton for 60m combined.

You may be missing that he's gone to Palace and been a huge part of their incredible end of season surge in form.
Plus smashing into the England squad on his form.

I like Gourna-Douath as well and really surprised there’s not much talk about him. He’s one that in 3 years time, we will wonder why we never moved for him earlier as we weigh up a 80m bid to get him from whichever club he joins after Salzburg. He reminds me of Tchouameni, where you can see the potential and think it’s just a matter of time before he steps up. He plays a bit like him too.
Same. I'd really love us to get him, as long as he's cheap, not when he beco.es a 70m rated player. Sadly, I don't see any chance of us being interested in him.

Good half a season for a premier league team since he signed in Jan and enough to be called up to the England team at 20

What were you expecting for a 20 year old player to have done to be highly rated?

It would be usual for a 20 year old to just be leaving going on loan to a championship or league 1 side. He's starting for Palace and getting England caps

Just another media hyped central midfield player like it was with Pogba, Rice, Caicedo and so on. We should stay away from this and not throw away money like we did before and like clubs have been doing lately.

Same. I'd really love us to get him, as long as he's cheap, not when he beco.es a 70m rated player. Sadly, I don't see any chance of us being interested in him.

Yeah, no links at all which is surprising considering Wilcox is good at targetting youngsters and he hasn't come across in our scout reports. Considering that it his 99% that Casemiro is leaving, the lack of links to young DMs is overall surprising. Unless Ineos are putting all their eggs in the Neves basket and aim to start him in a 2 with Mainoo and keep Amrabat.

He was called up for England and this is redcafe :rolleyes:

He was called up for England and this is redcafe :rolleyes:
He’s been the best midfielder of a club who had a very strong second half of the season as well as being bought from the championship for 20 million as a 19 year old which shows he was already highly rated.

He’s been the best midfielder of a club who had a very strong second half of the season as well as being bought from the championship for 20 million as a 19 year old which shows he was already highly rated.
Was he the best midfielder? In what way?

Yes. He's been really good for Palace and looks a real talent. He's also played a grand total of 16 premier league games

And this place is starting to talk him up like he's Pirlo :rolleyes:

Give him a full season in the PL first

In that he was better than Lerma and Hughes
But in what ways was he better than them? He was the attacking mid and he got 3 assists, barely better than the 2 DMs behind him.

He has the worst passing stats of the 3 (all 3 terrible passing stats).

But in what ways was he better than them? He was the attacking mid and he got 3 assists, barely better than the 2 DMs behind him.

He has the worst passing stats of the 3 (all 3 terrible passing stats).

You've done that thing again where you just go on fbref and take it as gospel.

You've done that thing again where you just go on fbref and take it as gospel.
Fair enough, I assume his passing is the best of the 3, he is the most technical. But his teammates are very poor, he's really not done much to stand out.

He wasn't languishing, he was their best player.