Adama Traore

Oranges038

He's so bad, he offers nothing. They also missed out, that aside from not scoring or assisting any goals. He's also created no direct goal scoring chances.

He's like a much shitter super size version of Aaron Lennon.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He's so bad, he offers nothing. They also missed out, that aside from not scoring or assisting any goals. He's also created no direct goal scoring chances.

He's like a much shitter super size version of Aaron Lennon.
Aaron Lennon was a good player imo.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He's definitely regressed and his composure in front of goal leaves a lot to be desired.

However, I still think he can be a squad player on a top 6 team. He can run past the best defenders and usually terrorizes high lines. While his decision-making ability is lacking, having better players might simplify the game for him

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
In that middle third of the pitch he’d be a serious option for a bigger side just solely down to his insane pace and close control. Easily skip that area of build up by just having him sprint 20 yards with the ball.

Everything else about his game is extremely average to below average, though.
I agree with this. With the smallest bit of space, he's consistently moving the ball from the opponent's half to the final third. Even if he just plays a successful square pass to a teammate every time, that's extremely valuable.

Varun1

I'll still take him. He's better than the likes of lingard, martial etc.
That's setting a low bar! There's are many other players that I would prefer over Martial, I wanted us to keep James over him!
I wouldn't take Adama though, he would be a bench player for us, costing £30m+.

OverratedOpinion

I love when we play Wolves and they try to attack down whatever side he is playing on.

Probably speaks quite well to his level.

Redlyn

I'll still take him. He's better than the likes of lingard, martial etc.
So you'll take him because he is less bad than our bad players. Ultimately he is not good enough and that's really all that should matter. Not who he is better than. Can beat a man but very poor end product.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I won't be surprise if the price is right he will join liverpool.
He has nowhere near the technical ability Klopp wants in a forward. Or any position on the field really.

Always thought he'd end up at spurs or Roma.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Many claimed his dribbling was outstanding, it's not, he's just so physical and quick that it's very hard to stop him one v one but that's the limit of his ability.
His dribbling is outstanding. He's certainly not just a kick and rush player, he actually has extremely good close control and technique while the ball is at his feet. The problem is that it's the only aspect of his game that is good, and he has other aspects of his game that are downright terrible.

Last season it appeared he might finally be taking the step up and learning how to utilise his gifts to be effective and really help out his team. However from most accounts (I'm going from what others have said as I personally haven't watched Wolves play a single match this season other than against us) he's completely slipped back to his bad habits.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I'll go with Newcastle. Surely the owners won't pass on the possibility of having the most oiled up player in the world.
May be. Liverpool will lose Salah and Mane in January for AFCON and if the price is right it makes sense to me to bring in Adama Traore as a squad player for the wing position. I think Klopp is a big fan of him. He can play wing back as well so may be Conte will take a look at him too

Last edited:

GlasgowCeltic

I thought Nuno had the right idea the times he used him as a wingback, wouldn't want him further forward than that

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Difficult player to make an assessment on. That said I'd take him at OT in a heartbeat.
To do what? Kick and run and not amount to anything? He hasn't registered a single goal or assist this season. If Lingard had done that he'd be getting mailed out to Mars.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I thought Nuno had the right idea the times he used him as a wingback, wouldn't want him further forward than that
That’s where he excels. At one point I thought the penny had dropped and he’d start adding productivity to his game, especially as he struck up a partnership with Jimenez. Never really stuck though. His ability to beat a man is incredible, there are very few players in world football who can consistently beat players the way Adama does. In the wingback role his lack of productivity isn’t as problematic as it is when he’s further forward, and despite the kick and rush claims in this thread he’s very adept at taking players on from a fairly static position.

It would have to be the right team, and a side that relies on their wingback/s to provide attacking impetus and width. But In the right side he’d be a valuable addition as a wingback.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
To me in a top team which has most of the ball, if he can draw more than one player in the wide position to stop him and free up another player, then he is a big success for me. Assume he can pass the ball to the "free" player.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
To me in a top team which has most of the ball, if he can draw more than one player in the wide position to stop him and free up another player, then he is a big success for me. Assume he can pass the ball to the "free" player.
Yeah that’s pretty much it, his ability to disrupt the opponents shape would be very valuable to the right side. It’s telling that despite him never being a goal scorer and the assists ha be long dried up, teams regularly account for him in their set up when facing Wolves.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah that’s pretty much it, his ability to disrupt the opponents shape would be very valuable to the right side. It’s telling that despite him never being a goal scorer and the assists ha be long dried up, teams regularly account for him in their set up when facing Wolves.
Different tool for different job. He is a very effective tool for the right job. He is not a goal scorer and that is very obvious to everybody, but it doesn't mean he can't be a good player in the right team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The only problem with that is whilst that skill is useful, the fee that Wolves would hold out for just isn’t worth it. You’ll probably have to wait until he’s in the final year of his contract or get him on a free.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The only problem with that is whilst that skill is useful, the fee that Wolves would hold out for just isn’t worth it. You’ll probably have to wait until he’s in the final year of his contract or get him on a free.
That time is coming. He has only 18 months left in his contract, and Wolves needs money to sign Hwang Hee Chan.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Aye that’s also an issue, he’s not worth a big outlay. Wolves will have to compromise if he doesn’t sign a renewal

Hammondo

He's poor, really lacking in ability on the ball, loses control often. I think wolves will wanna upgrade.

RUCK4444

His dribbling is outstanding. He's certainly not just a kick and rush player, he actually has extremely good close control and technique while the ball is at his feet. The problem is that it's the only aspect of his game that is good, and he has other aspects of his game that are downright terrible.

Last season it appeared he might finally be taking the step up and learning how to utilise his gifts to be effective and really help out his team. However from most accounts (I'm going from what others have said as I personally haven't watched Wolves play a single match this season other than against us) he's completely slipped back to his bad habits.
It’s ok, nothing special, his speed and strength is what he relies on, then promptly sends the ball into row z.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The way I see him is that even though he is decent, there are players like Saint Maxim who are better all rounded players + the good dribbling ability.

The only way I can see him for a top club is maybe as a wing back - but I remember it not working right at one of his others clubs like Barcelona before.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It’s ok, nothing special, his speed and strength is what he relies on, then promptly sends the ball into row z.
He does rely on speed and strength, but his close control when it comes to dribbling is also very good. He has an innate understanding of when he can get to the ball, so even when he's constantly taking players on, he gets dispossessed relatively rarely. Your second point is fair.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He does rely on speed and strength, but his close control when it comes to dribbling is also very good. He has an innate understanding of when he can get to the ball, so even when he's constantly taking players on, he gets dispossessed relatively rarely. Your second point is fair.
Yeah, I don't understand why anyone says he is not good technically. His technique and close control is very good, his close control is very underrated. He is far from James type, where player is just kick and rush.

He is one of the best players to transition from defense to attack, shame he is so poor in the final third.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I am in the camp firmly believe he is a raw diamond waiting for the right coach to unearth. I can't wait to see how he performs under Klopp or Conte. For anything under 30M he is worth the risk.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The way I see him is that even though he is decent, there are players like Saint Maxim who are better all rounded players + the good dribbling ability.

The only way I can see him for a top club is maybe as a wing back - but I remember it not working right at one of his others clubs like Barcelona before.
The criticism of Saint Maximin when he was in France was that he couldn’t dribble
with his head up, strangely that applies more to Traore and his lack of any final end product than to ASM.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is anyone improving at Wolves or on an upward trajectory?

They seem to be retrograde as a collective and haven't had any waves about them since Jimenez's skull fracture.

Is Traore getting any coaching or just being asked to run upfield and gain yards for his team?

I'd understand the barbs if he was failing in isolation, but that's hardly the case, is it? There's a few players there that were once fancied and have since seen all calls for them fade.

He'sRaldo

Making the right runs, being effective with fewer touches, playing with teammates, making the right decisions at the right times, etc. All things he doesn't really excel at.

Being an effective footballer isn't only about dribbling. Especially in this very structured, end product oriented era of football.