Adama Traore

Tarrou

his end product isn't the only major issue, his stamina is terrible too

can't see him at a big club until he improves one or both

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He can't pass/cross or shoot and to be a good attacking player you do kinda need to be able to do at least one of those. Teammates benefitting from the general chaos you cause is never gonna yield consistent enough rewards. Apart from in games where you are the worst team by a distance, where it can be similarly effective to hoofing it long.

Classical Mechanic

He's perhaps the most brilliantly limited player ever. He's totally elite at one aspect of the game but very poor at all the other aspects required in his position. Some of his season stats are incredibly bad in terms of goals and assists. He had one season in The Championship and one in the PL where he put up good numbers but all other seasons are poor.

Trequarista10

I thought Nuno had the right idea the times he used him as a wingback, wouldn't want him further forward than that
Agreed, wing back role would appear to suit him. He was diligent and capable on the few occasions I saw him play there. My concern would be his stamina for that position, but I'd imagine a capable coach could cater the tactics to allow for it. Alternatively as a winger in a good old 442, but few sides play that way now.

criticalanalysis

This is a crazy thought but imagine if he improves and goes on a Salah-like trajectory?

Crazy fast dribbling, mercurial-esque talent with the ball going forward with deer in the highlights goal scoring and final third productivity. Very harsh on Salah to say they're similar on the latter bit there but it was that kind of situation when he was at Basel.

You heard it first here ;)

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I am in the camp firmly believe he is a raw diamond waiting for the right coach to unearth. I can't wait to see how he performs under Klopp or Conte. For anything under 30M he is worth the risk.
Yep, his potential has always been frightening. It's just that with every passing year it's becoming less and less likely that the penny is ever going to click with him and he'll get close to living up to that potential. It's still possible and getting the right manager is probably the best chance of it happening, but it is looking increasingly unlikely.

Jackal981

Anyone who said he is a horrible dribbler might just know him from video games. He is a certainly far better dribbler than Rashford for example. His end product however is totally garbage.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Anyone who said he is a horrible dribbler might just know him from video games. He is a certainly far better dribbler than Rashford for example. His end product however is totally garbage.
He is the best dribbler in PL.

roonster09

Scout
I thought Nuno had the right idea the times he used him as a wingback, wouldn't want him further forward than that
He was equally better when he played as attacking 2 alongside Jimenez. He ripped apart City, they couldn't cope with him.

roonster09

Scout
He's poor, really lacking in ability on the ball, loses control often. I think wolves will wanna upgrade.
That's not true. He is the best dribbler in PL and he isn't just kick and run player. He is top 1 percentile for dribbles completed and success rate. 75% dribble success rate is insane when his dribbles completed numbers is by far the best in PL.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
This is a crazy thought but imagine if he improves and goes on a Salah-like trajectory?

Crazy fast dribbling, mercurial-esque talent with the ball going forward with deer in the highlights goal scoring and final third productivity. Very harsh on Salah to say they're similar on the latter bit there but it was that kind of situation when he was at Basel.

You heard it first here ;)
It sure does sound like a bit of a crazy thought to be honest. Sure, Salah was a bit of a late bloomer. But he was younger than Traore is now when he had 28 goals and assists in 31 games in Serie A. Traore has no goals and assists whatsoever this season and 10 goals in 150 games for Wolves overall.

He’s an electric player on his day, no doubt. But to reach Salah numbers .. I don’t think he’ll ever reach those levels of positional sense, decision making and composure, not even with the best coaches in the world. They might improve him in one of those areas significantly but not all of them, especially so at age 25/26.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It sure does sound like a bit of a crazy thought to be honest. Sure, Salah was a bit of a late bloomer. But he was younger than Traore is now when he had 28 goals and assists in 31 games in Serie A. Traore has no goals and assists whatsoever this season and 10 goals in 150 games for Wolves overall.

He’s an electric player on his day, no doubt. But to reach Salah numbers .. I don’t think he’ll ever reach those levels of positional sense, decision making and composure, not even with the best coaches in the world. They might improve him in one of those areas significantly but not all of them, especially so at age 25/26.
We shall see. He is not a goal scorer, he just doesn't have that instinct. I think he will move in January as he is not extending his contract. My guess is either Spurs or Liverpool. Last time i read Klopp is a big fan of him. He can be effective in the right system.

marktan

On his way to Spurs apparently for £22m.

He's not been great lately but should be a very good signing for a Conte side, wing backs are very crucial to how he sets his teams up.

With the forwards Spurs have I actually think he could end up being excellent, but at the very least he'll be better than the royal lad currently playing RWB.

GMoore23

He's not been great lately but should be a very good signing for a Conte side, wing backs are very crucial to how he sets his teams up.

With the forwards Spurs have I actually think he could end up being excellent, but at the very least he'll be better than the royal lad currently playing RWB.
He''ll be the best RB/RWB in the league under Conte.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Does £22m get you a better player on the continent?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely he can't play wing back?

Can't imagine him under Conte, in a really disciplined wing back role for instance.
His game is getting it, and just tearing off where he fancies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Can't wait to watch him under Conte. He finally has the chance to work under a world class manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Conte is the perfect manager for him. Spurs team is pretty slow and lacks anyone who can take players on, and Adama’s one elite trait is his ability to carry the ball in certain areas of the pitch. Can see a few backpost crosses to Kane too

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Imagine Rashford in poor form, dribbling into blind alleys. Now imagine him also speaking Spanish, using baby oil and looking like he does steroids (not implying Adama uses)

Would have loved to have him just for the entertainment value :drool:

SirScholes

Conte is the perfect manager for him. Spurs team is pretty slow and lacks anyone who can take players on, and Adama’s one elite trait is his ability to carry the ball in certain areas of the pitch. Can see a few backpost crosses to Kane too
Going into the stands, his end product is crap

Zoo

The problem is when Conte blows up and leaves they’ll be stuck with him. If the get him at a good price then fair enough but £22m?

BerryBerryShrew

Let's not forget that Conte managed to make Victor Moses of all people into a competent RWB. He'll turn Traore into the best right back/wing back in the PL if Conte stays at Spurs next season.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Let's not forget that Conte managed to make Victor Moses of all people into a competent RWB. He'll turn Traore into the best right back/wing back in the PL if Conte stays at Spurs next season.
He will be a better buy for spurs than sancho for man utd. That doesn't take the transfer fee and wages in consideration.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Going into the stands, his end product is crap
The one time he actually had any end product was when he was a touchline wingback with backpost lofted crosses to Jimenez. I can see him forming a similar relationship with Kane

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I’m not convinced at all, he has never played WB, and despite what some people think a WB does have defensive reaponsibilites.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Imagine Rashford in poor form, dribbling into blind alleys. Now imagine him also speaking Spanish, using baby oil and looking like he does steroids (not implying Adama uses)

Would have loved to have him just for the entertainment value :drool:
He's actually a pretty disciplined player, his decision making isn't great but that's not an issue with Conte. He's going to be a monster

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
that’s fair enough but how do you intend to judge it?
i assume Conte bought him to push for a top 4 spot, if spurs get 4th place, then it is a success to me
Man Utd bought Sancho to challenge for title after 2nd place finish last season. so.....

if Conte can bring the best out of Lukaku, i am quite confident he can do the same with Adama.