Adama Traore

Stadjer

Dont get why Redcaf always has to downplay Adama (and also Saint Maxim) his abilities abilities... he doesnt have great stats but they are fun to watch and doesnt play in a team where he can ''stat pad''.

Even with Adama not getting the goals and assists people only seem to look at he brings so much more. Pass him the ball and he can just power it forward by running past some players like they arent even there. He can relieve so much pressure of the defense by doing that. He might not have great stats but no team would let him run wild, he is always a danger that requires special attention. Bring him into a 1v1 against a already booked player and that booked player likely wont be able to stop him without fouling him.

Also it is Conte, he knows how to make a good wing back. Look what he did to Hakimi, look what he did to a very basic player like Victor Moses. If anyone can, Conte can turn Adama in a monster of a rwb. Wing backs dont even have to be good at defending in Conte his system. I would be very interested to see what Conte can do with Adama.

TheReligion

Abusive
Don’t mean to be obtuse but maybe by watching the games? Again I’m not convinced by this signing.
Obviously that but it’s subjective so I’m asking if he’s judging it by goals and assists or something else?

Think it’s a fair question given it’s such a bold statement.

Sancho is a long term signing and much younger. Just seems like another random opportunity to have a dig. Why not look at Pepe?

i assume Conte bought him to push for a top 4 spot, if spurs get 4th place, then it is a success to me
Man Utd bought Sancho to challenge for title after 2nd place finish last season. so.....

if Conte can bring the best out of Lukaku, i am quite confident he can do the same with Adama.
That’s ridiculous.

What did Arsenal buy Pepe for?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Obviously that but it’s subjective so I’m asking if he’s judging it by goals and assists or something else?

Think it’s a fair question given it’s such a bold statement.

Sancho is a long term signing and much younger. Just seems like another random opportunity to have a dig. Why not look at Pepe?

That’s ridiculous.

What did Arsenal buy Pepe for?
We bought him to compete for 4th place, and we failed. Pepe is a failure.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
And Partey? Or this seasons big money signings?
you can spin all you want. Partey didn't live up to his price tag. You can even bring up everyone in Arsenal if you think it is relevant to judge the success of adama for spurs and sancho for man utd.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If there’s any manager who’s going to get a tune out of him it’s conte

TheReligion

Abusive
you can spin all you want. Partey didn't live up to his price tag. You can even bring up everyone in Arsenal if you think it is relevant to judge the success of adama for spurs and sancho for man utd.
Well that’s the point I’m making..

You brought up Sancho oddly. It’s a daft comparison and totally irrelevant to Adama isn’t it?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's very cool that he's named after the guy from Battlestar Galactica.

I need confirmation that it's too late for him to be registered to play against Chelsea before I say he's an oily, one-dimensional clogger.

BlueHaze

Think he would do a decent job for Conte but his end product will still be the same shit. Maybe a little more asissts if he'll have kane and son up front but he's an incredibly frustrating player to watch.

NWRed

I remember reading just before the pandemic hit that Wolves valued him at £150m.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
With question marks over his stamina, I'm very intrigued to see how that plays out in the wing back role.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I don’t think Moses was particularly well known for any defensive nous prior to Conte coming in, and he didn’t have anywhere near the pace and power of Traore.

He doesn’t have a final ball in him, so being used as a carrier from deeper makes sense if he can be coached on his positioning.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Has featured as a wing back for Wolves. Nuno played him there when rotating Doherty or as an impact sub
He’s played a lot as a wing back. Plus, his 2 season heat map sees him occupying the same space as top clubs full backs do. For Wolves he looks best when he has 45m in front of him, not 15m. He’d be a great Conte wing back.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
"He doesn't have a final ball on him"

Putting him roughly similar xA as Robertson over the last 5 seasons and right in line with most top wingbacks...

Maluco

"He doesn't have a final ball on him"

Putting him roughly similar xA as Robertson over the last 5 seasons and right in line with most top wingbacks...
…while playing as a forward. He has 14 assists in the Premier League, again, playing as part of a front 3 the majority of the time. Its not comparable.

He collects the ball from deep, sure, but he still has a horrendous shots on target rate, never scores and rarely assists, even when played regularly as part of a front three.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
…while playing as a forward. He has 14 assists in the Premier League, again, playing as part of a front 3 the majority of the time. Its not comparable.
He plays like a wingback. No matter where he starts. He's a wide player through and through

He collects the ball from deep, sure, but he still has a horrendous shots on target rate, never scores and rarely assists, even when played regularly as part of a front three.
Yes, he's a really poor scorer, hence why he can't be a forward. Good thing that's not what he's gonna be anymore. As for rarely assisting, as i said, his advanced numbers are solid, it's a function of his team and teammates more than a failing in his own game

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He plays like a wingback. No matter where he starts. He's a wide player through and through

Yes, he's a really poor scorer, hence why he can't be a forward. Good thing that's not what he's gonna be anymore. As for rarely assisting, as i said, his advanced numbers are solid, it's a function of his team and teammates more than a failing in his own game
I think so too. When Jimenez was balling Adama was very effective. You would imagine that could be replicated with Kane if they were both up for it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks likely he is going to Spurs to be our right wing back. I think he will be great for us. Teams tend to double up on him because of the chaos he creates when he is running with the ball and that should free up a lot of space for our other players.

His final ball is ok, nothing special but I think he could be very effective in the role Conte will ask him to play. Also Conte is such an incredible coach he will have him drilled and working exactly the way he wants.

Plus at £25 million or whatever it is we are getting him for that represents very good business.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He’s played a lot as a wing back. Plus, his 2 season heat map sees him occupying the same space as top clubs full backs do. For Wolves he looks best when he has 45m in front of him, not 15m. He’d be a great Conte wing back.
That's what I was thinking and thought I was going mad then when people were saying he has never played there

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
When we all know his limitations at the very top end of the pitch but also know how dangerous he is driving from deep, I've always wondered why Wolves just didn't convert him permanently to a wing back themselves, considering they've played 3 at the back for the past 4 years or so.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
When we all know his limitations at the very top end of the pitch but also know how dangerous he is driving from deep, I've always wondered why Wolves just didn't convert him permanently to a wing back themselves, considering they've played 3 at the back for the past 4 years or so.
Because it's wolves, a defensive team. Their wingbacks aren't very adventurous, and mostly defenders

Maluco

I actually think he will do well too, but he has very poor numbers and makes really poor decisions in the final third, so I do not think unfair to say that he doesn’t have a final ball. The numbers and the eye test clearly show a player who lacks that side to his game technically. If he had it, he’d be at Real Madrid!

As a ball carrier and dribbler though? He is second to none in the league. All about honing those specific set of skills under a world class coach now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Oh look, I was right all along. As always

I fecking hate it

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Oh look, I was right all along. As always

I fecking hate it
He is doing extremely well in an attacking team. 4 assist in 5 games and a starter for Barcelona. He was not even a starter for Wolves in a defensive team. Absolutely steal for 30m. After all Klopp, Guardiola, Conte and Xavi can't be all wrong about judging a player.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He has really poor stamina though because of the oxygen demands of all that unnecessary upper body muscle (uneccesssary for a footballer).

It goes to show two things:

1. how a fresh start can benefit a player
2. The relative current weakness of la liga in general whereby players like Aubameyang and Traore, who were not up to snuff in the PL, can go to Barca and look top class. It’s just not as demanding week in, week out. The top level is up there with the best, but the depths of demand, especially physically are just not on a par with the PL. which is undoubtedly the most unforgiving league on the planet.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
2. The relative current weakness of la liga in general whereby players like Aubameyang and Traore, who were not up to snuff in the PL, can go to Barca and look top class. It’s just not as demanding week in, week out. The top level is up there with the best, but the depths of demand, especially physically are just not on a par with the PL. which is undoubtedly the most unforgiving league on the planet.
Traore grew up and learned a way to play football at Barcelona's academy. Now he can develop those concepts.

You will always find players who go from one league to another and fail or succeed and it does not necessarily mean weakness or strength of that league.
You have the examples of Hazard or Coutinho on the other side.

Inter Milan beat Liverpool in intensity a week ago and Atletico beat United.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Traore grew up and learned a way to play football at Barcelona's academy. Now he can develop those concepts.

You will always find players who go from one league to another and fail or succeed and it does not necessarily mean weakness or strength of that league.
You have the examples of Hazard or Coutinho on the other side.

Inter Milan beat Liverpool in intensity a week ago and Atletico beat United.
Individual results are not the point. Even overlooking that Inter lost and Atlético drew. It’s that in the PL, the intensity is there every single game, it’s unforgiving. That’s just not the case elsewhere.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Individual results are not the point. Even overlooking that Inter lost and Atlético drew. It’s that in the PL, the intensity is there every single game, it’s unforgiving. That’s just not the case elsewhere.
The PL is vastly overrated, especially this season.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He has really poor stamina though because of the oxygen demands of all that unnecessary upper body muscle (uneccesssary for a footballer).

It goes to show two things:

1. how a fresh start can benefit a player
Starting for Barcelona every week is better than the bench of Wolves. He probably will play in CL next season too. The weather of Barcelona is icing on the cake.