Music Adele

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
This girl is by far and away the best female vocalist of the last decade. Her performance at the Brits last night was nothing short of sensational. Corden sums it up perfectly at the end. No jokes, no gimmicks, just a beautiful voice and a piano.

Cina

I knew well the fat thing would be mentioned straight away.

She is good though, for a contemporary female that is.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This girl is by far and away the best female vocalist of the last decade. Her performance at the Brits last night was nothing short of sensational. Corden sums it up perfectly at the end. No jokes, no gimmicks, just a beautiful voice and a piano.
The only thing that fat cnut has ever summed up perfectly is the sheer pointlessness of the cult of celebrity that infests British telly at the moment.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The only thing that fat cnut has ever summed up perfectly is the sheer pointlessness of the cult of celebrity that infests British telly at the moment.
This post should scroll across the tv screen whenever that annoying fat twat is on.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I don't particularly like him either, but everything he says in that video is true.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Ah well done. The fat bit. Clever.

She's quality. Absolutely awesome talent.

Rather have her on the music scene than the latest daft, over made up, skinny, miming bint who can't sing a note but can pout in a pretty dress.

Yes, this does wind me up :)

Heardy

Pretty much.

I spose Aretha was just another fatty though eh?
Exactly mate - I was going to mention Aretha too, but figured I'd then get pulled up for bringing her weight in to it.

It's typical of people in this country though, big someone up and then slap them right down. Why people can't respect a talent for what it is without resorting to bitchy comments is beyond me.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Exactly mate - I was going to mention Aretha too, but figured I'd then get pulled up for bringing her weight in to it.

It's typical of people in this country though, big someone up and then slap them right down. Why people can't respect a talent for what it is without resorting to bitchy comments is beyond me.
What country?

londonredmaniac

I'd rather Adele than the vacuous shite I see everyday in the current Music industry.

Shower of fecking cnuts. Where folk like Cheryl Cole get off judging talent and such like is fecking beyond me. Pretty...but then what? fecking shite.

Scholesgoals

it's fairly straight forward.

bring down others elevates yourself by default. The bigger the prize the higher the elevation.

Ie. if i went up to rambo and beat feck out of him... im top.

Heardy

Nothing I think she has a good voice. Just a shame she is a fatty.
Why is it "a shame?" Because on the radio she sounds like someone you'd bang, but you see her and think otherwise?

Is it "a shame" because being overweight means she's more likely to suffer ill health in later life?

Or is it "a shame" that you can't see past her weight and appreciate her vocal talent for what it is, nothing more, nothing less?

What country?
England, a nation where people are obsessed with "celebrity" - but love nothing more than to smack them down, or indulge in their demise. Mind you, it's not restricted to England / the UK.

it's fairly straight forward.

bring down others elevates yourself by default. The bigger the prize the higher the elevation.

Ie. if i went up to rambo and beat feck out of him... im top.
Yeah I understand people do it for sef-elevation, I just think it's sad that one only elevates their self-worth by putting others down - it's something that kids do in the playground with "My dad's harder than your dad" or "You only went to Cornwall on holiday, I went to Florida."

It's an immature personality trait, and one that only covers the cracks of some other insecurity (Not aimed at you Scholesgoals).

starman

She alright, like her cover of "make you feel my love", even though by her covering it has led a insurgents of covers and overkilled it as well as many people actually accrediting her the song :mad:

Actually, i think i hate her.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'd rather Adele than the vacuous shite I see everyday in the current Music industry.

Shower of fecking cnuts. Where folk like Cheryl Cole get off judging talent and such like is fecking beyond me. Pretty...but then what? fecking shite.

Totally agree, she could eat most other female vocalists for breakfast!

Tibs

I heard one of her interviews on Radio 1 once, my thoughts were annoying chav

Heardy

Bought her album 21 at the weekend - not usually a fan of her type of music, but her voice is out of this world.

I was however, massively disappointed by the studio version of Someone Like You. The live versions at the Brit Awards and on Jool's Holland's show was far far better, which was surprising more than anything.

May have to try and download a live version for the ipod.

londonredmaniac

Bought her album 21 at the weekend - not usually a fan of her type of music, but her voice is out of this world.

I was however, massively disappointed by the studio version of Someone Like You. The live versions at the Brit Awards and on Jool's Holland's show was far far better, which was surprising more than anything.

May have to try and download a live version for the ipod.
Top notch aint it?

love it when live versions smash the studio versions mind.

Heardy

Top notch aint it?

love it when live versions smash the studio versions mind.
She's ridiculously talented.

She wrote all if not co-wrote all of the tracks on 21 and you can see the emotion put into them. That's what sets her apart is the personal touch and emotion she will draw upon compared to a manufactured artist that is given a song to sing.

Was just disappointed that the live version wasn't included on the album, as it takes a good song to a whole new level.

Powerful stuff.

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
She's ridiculously talented.

She wrote all if not co-wrote all of the tracks on 21 and you can see the emotion put into them. That's what sets her apart is the personal touch and emotion she will draw upon compared to a manufactured artist that is given a song to sing.

Was just disappointed that the live version wasn't included on the album, as it takes a good song to a whole new level.

Powerful stuff.
there is a special edition of her album 21 that has those live versions you´re after, it is available for download as a torrent.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
See what pisses me off about Adele is that one of her best known records (Hometown Glory) is a complete rip off of Sia Breath Me (which is much better)

bah, no matter what I try I can never seem to get youtube code working on this forum.

Thanks Heardy :)

alastair

ignorant
I love Adele - stunningly talented, and you always stop and listen when she comes on the radio. It's endearing that she's not a stick insect either.

Raulduke

The Daily Mash - Adele created by 'shit women go on about' brainstorming session

Adele created by 'shit women go on about' brainstorming session
07-04-11

RECORDING phenomenon Adele is the result of some men writing a list of woman-friendly things on a whiteboard, it has emerged.

Some shit about being strong without you
Record label executive Tom Logan revealed the singer was invented during a product development brainstorming session entitled, 'The Sort of Shit Women Go On About'.

He said: "We quickly built up a list of stuff, including 'heartbreak', 'feelings' and 'yeast infections. Some idiot said 'pavements' as a joke which actually pissed me off 'cause I was trying to be serious, but I wrote it down anyway.

"Then, after a short cocaine break, we explored each of these sub-headings.

"By mid afternoon we had the track titles for what would become Adele's first album, but no notion of who or what would sing it.

"Our first thought was some skinny blonde with big tits who pretends to be bisexual, but then this other bloke, Dan, said that if we were going to sell this to women in supermarkets it should be someone who looks like they aren't going to steal their husband.

"A big girl. fecking genius."

However when Logan looked through the company's rolodex of potential female voice providers, he found there were no big girls available.

He added: "I thought, 'well, these bitches may appeal to my mighty penis but they won't shift units to real women with real women's issues and whatever'. There was this one bird, Adele, but she was only seven stone.

"Then it hit me - put her in a fat suit."

Logan is now looking for new projects after being sacked for staring at breasts while biting his lower lip.
:lol: