Music Adele

Nearco

youth team player
Adele is enjoying reaping the rewards from her two massively successful albums to date, but there is apparently one - somewhat predictable - aspect of her new found wealthy lifestyle that she objects to: paying her share of taxes.

"I use the NHS, I can't use public transport any more, doing what I do, I went to state school, I'm mortified to have to pay 50 per cent!," she told Q magazine recently, according to The Sun. "Trains are always late, most state schools are s--- and I've gotta give you like four million quid, are you having a laugh?"

With sales of her 2011 album '21' already double that of her 2008 debut, we should probably avoid being around the North London-born singer when she next meets with her accountant.

"When I got my tax bill in from '19' I was ready to go and buy a gun and randomly open fire," she reported.

Adele joins a long line of multi-millionaire popstars who have balked at coughing up their dues come tax time. U2 have been criticised for shifting their business interests out of Ireland to cut down on their bill, Phil Collins infamously threatened to leave the country if a Labour government upped his income tax, while The Beatles devoted an entire song -- 'Taxman' -- to moaning about making their contribution to government coffers.
Breathtaking. Surely this deluded cnut employs some sort of publicity bod.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I can't stand her. Covering Dylan aside she hasn't done anything decent.

Leg-End

Watch her mouth? She can't even watch her weight.

Hehe you see its funny 'cause shes fat.

WeasteDevil

This girl is by far and away the best female vocalist of the last decade.
I'd take issue with this on the evidence you've provided (I can only do this as I've never heard her before) from those two videos. Half of the time she's talking, not singing, and when she does actually sing, she doesn't seem to be able to hold a note for more than 3 seconds and her vocal range seems to be rather limited also. I'll give you that in what range she does have she sounds fine, but best female vocalist of the past decade?

Prove me wrong though.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
This girl is by far and away the best female vocalist of the last decade.
Wrong on so many levels. She is a good singer even though she's overrated, but is far from being the best of the last decade. People assume if you're commercially successful and have a decent enough voice to boot, you've instantly made it into the hall of fame. I much prefer scouring the depths and pits of soul where the real talent lies rather than the charts, where any old mug gets some sort of recognition.

Cina

Not to sound gay but Christina Aguilera and the like have far better voices. That lay-deh can sing anything.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
^^

Christina Aguilera is an amazing singer.

Adele has reclaimed top spot on the billboard, that's just incredible. I don't particularly like her stuff but she has an incredible voice. Absolutely piercing.

She shows you don't to look a certain way to make it big in the music industry these days. That's must be very inspiring for alot of women around the world.

I wish her much success.

Doogie

Aguilera's problem is that her songs are just not really up to standard anymore. Back in the days she was rivaling Britney and then she went dirty. Don't know who really liked the second category except young guys looking at her music videos.

While Adele's voice might not be of the same standard she does indeed have a voice that you don't hear everyday on the radio and her songs are just much better.

Obviously my opinion and it's in a way stupid to say one song is better than the next but still...

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Yeah I didn't like it when Aguilere took the slag route. It was just so odd seeing somebody with such an amazing voice go that way, the reason quite a few of these pop stars go slutty is because they don't have decent voices. Well, there's exceptions like Beyonce.

Beautiful was an amazing song though. So was tilt ya head back. I don't think she's serious about singing anymore, which is no shame.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm googling Christina Aguilera and Adele songs and I think the Caf may have gone slightly mental.

The one thing I've noticed is that Adele does kinda speak the early parts of some of her songs that maybe Christina Aguilera does not, but I don't think there is a comparison.

I like Christina Aguilera, I really like Corinne Bailey Rae, I love Nerina Pallot

but Adele is more talented in my opinion.

Mick1991

Adele is probably the better all-around package, I think that's pretty vital. Mariah Carey is probably better than both but would you listen to her stuff? I think you have to be able to put it all together and in that respect Aguilera falls a bit short of Adele for me.

RK

Adele is big competition for the title of best female singer of the last decade. She's a great singer but she's also larger-than-life and adds so much weight to her vocals. Her style is a bit too heavy for me sometimes, but her voice can leave me flabbergasted.

Peasplease

Adele is big competition for the title of best female singer of the last decade. She's a great singer but she's also larger-than-life and adds so much weight to her vocals. Her style is a bit too heavy for me sometimes, but her voice can leave me flabbergasted.
:lol:

VivaRonaldo7

:lol::lol:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Talented singer, only heard of her song when someone compared her to Eva Cassidy :eek:

That was over the top, but surely a good enough bet for one of the best female voices in the last 5 years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The funny thing is, she'll be labled an amazing role model of saying that shite.

Why is there a sudden trend for fat people to think they have some sort of moral high ground and that it's somehow a positive that they don't want to lose any weight? They talk as if it's black or white. "I'm fat, I don't want to be skinny". Ok..... how about you get down to the mysterious inbetween stage we call "A healthy weight".

Ah feck it, lets all make a toast to diabetes.

Bear Attack

The funny thing is, she'll be labled an amazing role model of saying that shite.

Why is there a sudden trend for fat people to think they have some sort of moral high ground and that it's somehow a positive that they don't want to lose any weight? They talk as if it's black or white. "I'm fat, I don't want to be skinny". Ok..... how about you get down to the mysterious inbetween stage we call "A healthy weight".

Ah feck it, lets all make a toast to diabetes.
Yeah, that's kind of bullshit. I mean, kudos to her for making it without looking like a supermodel but I think she feels that she has a higher moral standing than thinner people. I mean people shouldn't be so subconscious about their weight to the extent in which they would enter into bulimia but for feck's sake, it's healthy to be thinner. Adele looks like a fecking blimp.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
feck me sideways, I have just taken the time to actually listen a few of her songs and she's bloody amazing. I now understand why she won all those Grammys, she's phenomenal.

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
feck me sideways, I have just taken the time to actually listen a few of her songs and she's bloody amazing. I now understand why she won all those Grammys, she's phenomenal.
her "live from from the albert hall" album is brilliant,i love the way she doesn't try to be someone she's not,council estate girl through and through and not ashamed of it,wonderful talent.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Very nice. I can't associate "Hello" with anything else than "is it me you are looking for?" though :lol:. When I listen to Adele's song all it does is get Richie's one stuck in my head.

Last edited:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
She's got a great voice, but her music is often incredibly depressing.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Meh, such a generic song IMO. The feck is Michael from The Wire doing in that video? :lol: