Ademola Lookman | Atalanta

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why do it on the 98th min ? He will learn but never do that. I agree Mitro is a cowardly he hides a lot after having that mate a few weeks ago but he is the main striker he should be grabbing that ball instantly
Funny in hindsight because Mitro is missing pens every other game these days. Now they need someone to grab the ball off him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
One of the best individual performances I've seen in a European final. Beautiful finishes and work rate.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He was sensational in the Europa League final today.

Atalanta got him for €9.35m, from RB Leipzig, in the same exact transfer window that we paid €95.00m to Ajax for Antony. We paid 10x higher price!!!

Lookman in 2023/24 Season, in addition to winning them Europa League:
CompetitionGames PlayedGoalsAssists
Europa League1151
Serie A2996
Italy Cup311
Total43158

Antony in 2023/24 Season:
CompetitionGames PlayedGoalsAssists
Champions League400
Premier League2911
FA Cup421
Total3732

I mean... No comments!

Velvet Revolver

Is this the same lookman that coudnt do it at Everton or Fulham? Not saying he is not a good player but sometimes the fit has to be mutual.
look at sancho you have your answer there

aeh1991

2nd really good season in a row (identical g/a stats: 2x 15 goals 8 assists). Slowly starting to think he's quality. Yesterday he destroyed Leverkusen by himself. I really like how dynamic he is, I miss that from our wingers bar Garnacho. Worth a shot?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is this the same lookman that coudnt do it at Everton or Fulham? Not saying he is not a good player but sometimes the fit has to be mutual.
Of course, it's all about fitting the right team. I think he'd be excellent in the Spurs system for example.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Why, in most threads about wide attackers on this forum, does someone just have to bring in the Antony fee and comparisons? As if it hasn’t been mentioned enough and we’re not fully aware of it by now. We’ve suffered enough ffs. No need to get constant reminders.

Big Andy

Bloke
The TNT coverage was a joke last night. Making out he's some bum who dragged himself up from the streets. "From the cages of Wandsworth, street football to a Europa League final hat-trick"

The shit cnut was a Charlton academy player and has played for Charlton, Everton, RB Leipzig, Fulham, Leicester and Atalanta, not to mention he's a 22 times capped Nigerian international player. Sickening commentary last night, almost akin to the Sancho wankfest they had a few weeks ago.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Made the best game of his career and that's it. Also it helped that the only left foot player defending his side was Xhaka that made a terrible game, which meant he had a lot of interior space to exploit.

marktan

The Fulham one is a stretch, I watched a lot of games that season and he was one of their best players. Anguissa also stood out (went on to win the league with Napoli) and the LB Robinson. I think both Fulham and Leicester would have liked to have signed him but didn't due to finances.

Actually it was that season that convinced me there was a lot of potential there. Similar to someone like Antony Gordon at Everton. I've made the Sancho comparison a few times in the past too, saying around when we were signing Sancho that his level is closer to someone like Lookman, but tbh I prefer Lookman as he's got more physicality and better finishing to his game, and crucially would have cost around £25m compared to what we paid for Sancho.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The TNT coverage was a joke last night. Making out he's some bum who dragged himself up from the streets. "From the cages of Wandsworth, street football to a Europa League final hat-trick"

The shit cnut was a Charlton academy player and has played for Charlton, Everton, RB Leipzig, Fulham, Leicester and Atalanta, not to mention he's a 22 times capped Nigerian international player. Sickening commentary last night, almost akin to the Sancho wankfest they had a few weeks ago.
He was relatively late joining Charlton's academy though, no? It's not as rag to riches as they made out, but it's still pretty impressive.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just gonna leave this thing he did in the R16 here

The Original

I think he's a late bloomer but he's finally come into his own. Had a good Afcon as well and I'd bet on him to kick on from here.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Gasperini thinks it's much simpler: he's a striker who was being shunted to the wing and away from the goal. All he did was play him closer to the goal, and this is the result

TsuWave

He was always a good player. Even in the prem. That kind of quality is easy to see. His technical markers are off the charts. I asked/posted this like four years ago:

Lookman is a good player
What's the deal with Lookman? Every time I watch him he looks a baller, and it was the same when he was at Everton. Guy looks way too good for Fulham and he's only 23. Why is he there?

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Yes and no. In Atalanta's system he plays as a forward who occasionally drift wide but does his best work centrally, playing either just behind or alongside a striker, at Everton and Fulham he was used as a winger. It's a bit like united with Memphis, never really a winger always a forward. Unfortunately British football has an unhealthy obsession with wingers which is part of Rashford's current problem.

rooney2009

Great individual performance
One of the best individual performances I’ve seen recently

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He was 16. Hardly a pensioner.
I know, they were over egging it, but that is late to enter a professional academy. Won't be many examples of that I imagine.

They also had a vested interest in hyping him, as he was part of their documentary they did on South London footballers. It was one hell of a performance though, against an side that hadn't lost a game all season.

Righteous Steps

I know, they were over egging it, but that is late to enter a professional academy. Won't be many examples of that I imagine.

They also had a vested interest in hyping him, as he was part of their documentary they did on South London footballers. It was one hell of a performance though, against an side that hadn't lost a game all season.
Anyone who makes it from South London and joins an academy at 16 when many of his peers are coming to the realisation that they won’t make it at football at literally the same age, deserves extra praise.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Anyone who makes it from South London and joins an academy at 16 when many of his peers are coming to the realisation that they won’t make it at football at literally the same age, deserves extra praise.
For sure, lots of people I knew at that age had already been in academies and as you said, moving down the leagues, not up!

Lost bear

There's already a thread for this guy.

One great performance doesn't a great player make.
He's actually made many great performances. He's really hit it for Atalanta over the past couple of seasons. As others have remarked, it's a question of fit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Turns out he did get the 10/10 from L’Equipe. Well deserved, one of the best European finals I’ve seen

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Yurgen Flopp was correct about one thing. Last night was cringe by them.

city-puma

The first time saw him substituted on for Everton, felt he is a gem. I don’t understand why in the following years he had such a bumpy journey to develop his career. It has to be a colorful story.

Captmfla

Wow the club should buy Lookman! A winger who can actually score and create goals.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I like the look of him but we should have more ambition than buying a forward from a team like Atalanta
Is this a dig against Hojlund?

The first time saw him substituted on for Everton, felt he is a gem. I don’t understand why in the following years he had such a bumpy journey to develop his career. It has to be a colorful story.
My best guesses:
1. sometimes talented players get lost in lesser teams? and
2. maybe he was played too wide to show his talents

Last edited:

Captmfla

Scamacca and Lookman look likes great bargain for Atalanta.