Adidas x Stone Roses to release Manchester United collection (Entrance music discussion at OT also)

Withnail

That wasn't really the point I was making. They generally have the music off - certainly in TRA section - for 15 minutes or so before the game, so noise starts to build, "bring on United" "U-N-I-T-E-D" etc and then as most people have got to their seats and it's getting louder, they play This Is The One really loud and drown everyone out which kills the noise. It's stupid, just leave it off and let the crowd make the noise.
Ahhhh ok I see what you mean. It's a very long time since I've been in OT. A return visit is long overdue.

And believe me this is nothing against This Is The One, me & my missus walked out from our wedding to that song :lol:

Ha ha I love it :lol:

Herman Toothrot

Would be fairly naive to completely disregard the idea that musicians views have an influence on their fans.
It'd be fairly naive to think "the kids" are going home and reading up about The Stone Roses and being so taken by a 34-year-old song they heard in a stadium that they start following the marginal beliefs of a sixty-year-old singer who took a few too many pills a couple of decades ago. I think they'd be far more likely to be influenced by Wout Weghost's anti-vax stand, and by more, I mean pretty much absolute zero influence.

Lyng

It'd be fairly naive to think "the kids" are going home and reading up about The Stone Roses and being so taken by a 34-year-old song they heard in a stadium that they start following the marginal beliefs of a sixty-year-old singer who took a few too many pills a couple of decades ago. I think they'd be far more likely to be influenced by Wout Weghost's anti-vax stand, and by more, I mean pretty much absolute zero influence.
Its not the song, but the fact that they read online there is a connection and even in this thread you have people talking about having that song as their wedding song and how Gary Neville hand picked that song. Of course they will then start looking more into it.
Wout Weghorst is a loan player who gets laughed at online. Hardly the same.

Herman Toothrot

Its not the song, but the fact that they read online there is a connection and even in this thread you have people talking about having that song as their wedding song and how Gary Neville hand picked that song. Of course they will then start looking more into it.
Wout Weghorst is a loan player who gets laughed at online. Hardly the same.
Well, I think your thinking here is ridiculous, but I encourage you to contact the club about child safeguarding if it's of genuine concern.

Lyng

Well, I think your thinking here is ridiculous, but I encourage you to contact the club about child safeguarding if it's of genuine concern.
Its ridiculous to believe someone with a platform spreading these kinds of theories is potentially a dangerous influence??

Also why jump straight to contacting the club? Noone would do that. Heck most people on here wont do that even if Greenwood gets back in the squad?

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I think everyone is missing the hidden gem that is Step on" by the Happy Mondays. Good Mancunian band and Salford lads to boot....

Back To Madeira

Which explains a lot about the leadership or lack thereof at the club over the last 10 years.

Potentially an exciting new era at the club so it's time for a new entrance theme, This is the one though a good song is a bit too flat for me.
Probably be the Courteeners "not 19 forever", given the amount of times it is played
Maybe if they change it to Not 1999 Forever?

I think This is The One is a special walk-out theme, nice tingly build-up. I wouldn't change it to Bitter Sweet Symphony, basically an England theme now thanks to ITV.

We perhaps should have had a bit of Rammstein during the ill-fated Rangnick days. Might have woken some of the players up. Or maybe when Shaw is captain he could put on Big Bottom by Spinal Tap.

However, I agree you really can't go wrong with any of the ACDC suggestions.

ROFLUTION

Wait, there are people who don't like "This is the One" as our walk-out song? I think it's pretty perfect; comfortably the best of the Premier League grounds I've been to even if I am somewhat biased.
I love the Stone Roses but this is the one has always struck me as a quite boring/dull song.

stevoc

I love the Stone Roses but this is the one has always struck me as a quite boring/dull song.
Yeah. I've had to sit through more Health and Safety induction videos than I care to remember and of all the songs at the start of them This is the One has been used more than a few times so that's all I think about now whenever I hear it. A fairly flat song to lead the team out, actually pretty appropriate considering most of the tumescent football that's been on show at OT over the last decade since it's been used.

stevoc

The latest on the grapevine is that Harry Maguire has requested the walk-on music be changed to the Iggy Pop song - "The Passenger"
Well Gary Neville requested the current one on his way out the door so makes sense.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Think it might be a joke about our captain's role/lack thereof on the pitch.

Herman Toothrot

The latest on the grapevine is that Harry Maguire has requested the walk-on music be changed to the Iggy Pop song - "The Passenger"
Surely 'Substitute' by The Who? Though given Pete Townsend's infamous search history and the important concerns raised around child safeguarding in this thread, perhaps not.

Oranges038

Maybe if they change it to Not 1999 Forever?

I think This is The One is a special walk-out theme, nice tingly build-up. I wouldn't change it to Bitter Sweet Symphony, basically an England theme now thanks to ITV.

We perhaps should have had a bit of Rammstein during the ill-fated Rangnick days. Might have woken some of the players up. Or maybe when Shaw is captain he could put on Big Bottom by Spinal Tap.

However, I agree you really can't go wrong with any of the ACDC suggestions.
This would have been the perfect fit.

lsd

The Oracle
I love how when it was suggested this is the one was too old now every other suggestion are songs even older

lsd

The Oracle
Don't think anyone's actually said they want it changed just because it's an older song though have they?

I have even though I quite like the roses:lol:.

I just feel it's played out and the players and probably a lot of fans wouldn't even know the song now or what the Roses mean.

Added to it's not exactly the most rousing song of theirs and takes to long to get going.

I would rather Mersey Paradise which could be mis construed by people not knowing it's true meaning of love spreads if you have to do a roses song.

I just think if asked the players would rather come out to something else and it's them we really want to be inspired after all

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I think Utd should come out to ‘Sympathy For The Devil’ by the Stones.

It’s fitting due to the Red Devils, and also the rich history of the club (‘I’m a man of wealth and taste’, ‘I was there when’…).

I also think it’s slightly menacing and intimidating without being too dark.

I think it’d be ace. Give the club a bit of its danger and swagger back.

stevoc

I have even though I quite like the roses:lol:.

I just feel it's played out and the players and probably a lot of fans wouldn't even know the song now or what the Roses mean.

Added to it's not exactly the most rousing song of theirs and takes to long to get going.

I would rather Mersey Paradise which could be mis construed by people not knowing it's true meaning of love spreads if you have to do a roses song.

I just think if asked the players would rather come out to something else and it's them we really want to be inspired after all
Fair enough mate.

Yeah they probably would but you have to wonder why no player since 2011 has suggested a new song. It used to change every few years, I don't know if with all the upheaval and and the turnover of managers/players since 2013. The players/captains thought they couldn't mess with a club 'tradition'.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Very good song but not as an entrace of our football team.
Takes so long to actually start and get an impact.

AC/DC songs certainly start with a bang!

Coops73

“Bring me sunshine” by Morecambe and Wise, the players can do the dance onto the pitch, it’ll be very threatening, not too dissimilar to the haka.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Thing is a song has to be something you can walk sedately onto the pitch, not that you will be skipping or break dancing.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Absolutsly love AC/DC but so overdone in sports. Hear them everywhere from NBA to NFL to Mayor Klitschko's walkout song. Prefer something original.

RickRudesDong

Time for a change - it's a "meh" song that only Mancs enjoy. Need something more rousing and ideally modern so that the younger fans and maybe even our own players feel inspired.

I really don't think players like Bruno or Garnacho give a shit about Stone Roses.