5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverman

He's a less good player than Chadli, Lamela and Sigurdsson. He's level with Moses and Townsend.

That is the player he is at 19. United fans are the ones predicting Ronaldo or Hazard level improvement.
I'm sorry but you have an inflated opinion of Chadli and Lamela. Sigurdsson is playing well but I would pick Januzaj over them three all day. Comparing him to Moses and Townsend??? Now your just embarrassing yourself.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How many 19 year old wingers would effortlessly make their way into the starting XI of every squad then? Sterling, most likely, but you'd probably expect that of the European golden boy.

Sam

Ah, so even Zaha is better then Januzaj now, despite two managers both prefering to loan out Zaha and keep Januzaj in the squad.

Logic.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
At 19, there are about 40 attacking midfielders in the Premier League better than what he produced last season. That's it. He's young and he occasionally does a nice looking pass that United fans can gif and pretend they've got another Eden Hazard, if you don't have to wade through the hours of losing possession and wrecking United attacks because he wants to spend half an hour on the ball before doing something productive with it. We had one of those guys ourselves; Adel Taarabt.

He's 19 and Swansea wouldn't pick him ahead of Montero, Dyer, Routledge or Sigurdsson. Stoke wouldn't want him ahead of Walters, Arnautovic, Assaidi or Bojan. Spurs wouldn't want him ahead of Townsend, Eriksen, Chadli or Lamela. Leicester wouldn't drop Mahrez or Schlupp for him. Crystal Palace wouldn't drop Bolasie, Puncheon or Zaha. Southampton wouldn't drop Mane, Tadic, Ward-Prowse or Elia.

Infact you could keep going through most of the Premier League. Nobody wants a winger who creates 3 chances every 2 full games, can't finish, can't defend and gives the ball away constantly. Your own manager not least of all.
:lol:

Silverman

This Spurs fan has to be on a wind-up. Has he ever watched Januzaj??? He's struggled for form a bit this season but that's because he hasn't had a run of games.

Last edited:

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Ah, so even Zaha is better then Januzaj now, despite two managers both prefering to loan out Zaha and keep Januzaj in the squad.

Logic.
Yea, and Zaha is a much better finisher because he's scored a quarter the amount of goals Januzaj has, or something. I can understand people thinking he won't ever be nominated for Balon Dor. I cannot understand saying he wouldn't get in the fecking Leicester team :lol:

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
This Spurs fan has to be on a wind-up. Has he ever watched Januzaj??? He's struggled for form a bit this season but that's because he hasn't has a run of games.
And has played fecking wing back a lot of the time.

Sam

This Spurs fan has to be on a wind-up. Has he ever watched Januzaj??? He's struggled for form a bit this season but that's because he hasn't has a run of games.
He's glastonspur with numbers.

Not sure why Spurs fans have such a chip on their shoulder with us tbh.

SiRed

Most wouldn't dispute that. But the next question is, will he be able to thrive at United then?

Btw, Eriksen bagged 8 goals in 40something games when he was as old as Januzaj is now.
Januzaj won't get that many appearances this season.
Oh right... Was this in the vastly easier dutch league might i ask???

Thought so!

SiRed

The argument is that if Januzaj was 22 rather than almost 20 and still anything like the player he is now, at a mid-table club, he'd be in the same category as Arnautovic, Mahrez, Bolasie, Moses, Townsend and the like. He'd struggle to get in any team in the Premier League on what he currently produces.

If you've ever watched college football in America and then watched those same guys in the NFL. Januzaj's one of those quarter backs with a couple of great looking throws on ESPN, but more interceptions than touchdowns and playing a level like Christian Ponder and Carson Palmer.

He doesn't create anywhere near enough to be as wasteful, quiet and weak defending as he is. He accounts for very few actual chances, though all of them get repeated and spoken about and gifs made about them.
If my aunite had bollocks, she would be my uncle. You are clueless - 8 times out of ten however 100% of your posts are worth reading for comedy alone.

Good job footballers aren't graded on KPI's other Miroslav Klose would be the worlds greatest striker of all time and we no that isnt the case.

Anyway im off to put my Hollands pie in the microwave for 3 mins and 30 seconds IF it was a pukka pie, im not sure i would microwave it as i like the extra pastry crucnh which cooking in an oven for 45 mins can provide. Only on gas mark 5 tho. The box does say Gas mark 6 but i dont read into stats too much as its all about personal preference!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
How many 19 year old wingers would effortlessly make their way into the starting XI of every squad then? Sterling, most likely, but you'd probably expect that of the European golden boy.
Wouldn't get into Chelsea, City, Bayern, Real or Barça's. Probably struggle to get into PSG's too.

Sterling is nowhere near as good as people think he is.

Neither is Januzaj mind. He had his moments last year so he does have quality but he's never been absolutely amazing. Certainly early comparisons with a young Ronaldo last year are way, way wide of the mark. I just don't think he's that special.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wouldn't get into Chelsea, City, Bayern, Real or Barça's. Probably struggle to get into PSG's too.

Sterling is nowhere near as good as people think he is.

Neither is Januzaj mind. He had his moments last year so he does have quality but he's never been absolutely amazing. Certainly early comparisons with a young Ronaldo last year are way, way wide of the mark. I just don't think he's that special.
I meant in the league. I'd take Sterling over Willian/Schurrle, likewise against Navas/Nasri.

Sam

Anyway im off to put my Hollands pie in the microwave for 3 mins and 30 seconds IF it was a pukka pie, im not sure i would microwave it as i like the extra pastry crucnh which cooking in an oven for 45 mins can provide. Only on gas mark 5 tho.

FromTheBench

At 19, there are about 40 attacking midfielders in the Premier League better than what he produced last season. That's it. He's young and he occasionally does a nice looking pass that United fans can gif and pretend they've got another Eden Hazard, if you don't have to wade through the hours of losing possession and wrecking United attacks because he wants to spend half an hour on the ball before doing something productive with it. We had one of those guys ourselves; Adel Taarabt.

He's 19 and Swansea wouldn't pick him ahead of Montero, Dyer, Routledge or Sigurdsson. Stoke wouldn't want him ahead of Walters, Arnautovic, Assaidi or Bojan. Spurs wouldn't want him ahead of Townsend, Eriksen, Chadli or Lamela. Leicester wouldn't drop Mahrez or Schlupp for him. Crystal Palace wouldn't drop Bolasie, Puncheon or Zaha. Southampton wouldn't drop Mane, Tadic, Ward-Prowse or Elia.

Infact you could keep going through most of the Premier League. Nobody wants a winger who creates 3 chances every 2 full games, can't finish, can't defend and gives the ball away constantly. Your own manager not least of all.
:lol::houllier:

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm on a site where saying Januzaj isn't brilliant is seen as deliberate winding up? Seriously, just shave away the extraordinary hype and inbuilt assumption that everyone United is indefinably more talented than everyone else.

Imagine Januzaj and Mahrez were Leicester City players. They both create exactly the same quantity of chances, yet Mahrez scores and creates goals about 30% more often despite being surrounded by worse players and seeing less of the ball. Mahrez is also the better defender, marginally, and only 3 years older. He's also the better dribbler, stronger and more energetic.

Would you hype the Januzaj guy at Leicester or would you consider him Townsend and Moses level and a complete non-entity, until he's proven himself more?

If a Leicester fan described this Januzaj guy being better than Eriksen, Oscar and Coutinho and compared him to Ronaldo, would you agree or call him another overrated player like Vardy?

Everything that makes Januzaj in any way above average so far is talk, assumption and people predicting he's going to become great, based off of some of the thinnest evidence ever put forward. Nobody knew him last season, or what to do to stop him. Now they do and now he's playing with pressure.

Fortunately we live in a world where hype doesn't last. If Kane and Januzaj stink next season, they're tomorrow's Macheda and Holtby. People thought Modric wasn't worth buying because Cleverley would improve, that Welbeck would score 20 a season if played as a striker. Before this season people would have said Kane couldn't compare to Wilson or Mason to Powell. Blackett was talked about as an England prospect after 1 game.

Bentaleb's had a great season but you don't need and it's stupid to hype it. You don't jump up and start comparing him to Carrick or Modric off the back of half a good season at 19 years of age. You wait to see if he can consistently outplay a Dembele or Sandro, who he can't even match yet, when people know exactly what his tricks are.

There are reasons Van Gaal won't play him. He is one of the worst tacklers in the league, misses the target with 4 in 5 shots and can't create close to 2 chances in 90 minutes despite playing with Rooney, Van Persie and Mata, because he's clueless when to pass and dribble despite having some ability to do both.

Last edited:

Silverman

I'm on a site where saying Januzaj isn't brilliant is seen as deliberate winding up? Seriously, just shave away the extraordinary hype and inbuilt assumption that everyone United is indefinably more talented than everyone else.

Imagine Januzaj and Mahrez were Leicester City players. They both create exactly the same quantity of chances, yet Mahrez scores and creates goals about 30% more often despite being surrounded by worse players and seeing less of the ball. Mahrez is also the better defender, marginally, and only 3 years older. He's also the better dribbler, stronger and more energetic.

Would you hype the Januzaj guy at Leicester or would you consider him Townsend and Moses level and a complete non-entity, until he's proven himself more?

If a Leicester fan described this Januzaj guy being better than Eriksen, Oscar and Coutinho and compared him to Ronaldo, would you agree or call him another overrated player like Vardy?

Everything that makes Januzaj in any way above average so far is talk, assumption and people assuming he's going to become great, based off of someone of the thinnest evidence ever put forward. Nobody knew him last season, or what to do to stop him. Now they do and now he's playing with pressure.

Fortunately we live in a world where hype doesn't last. If Kane and Januzaj stink next season, they're tomorrow's Macheda and Holtby. People though Modric wasn't worth buying because Cleverley would improve, that Welbeck would score 20 a season if played as a striker. Before this season people would have said Kane couldn't compare to Wilson or Mason to Powell. Blackett was talked about as an England prospect after 1 game.

Bentaleb's had a great season but you don't need and it's stupid to hype it. You don't jump up and start comparing him to Carrick or Modric off the back of half a good season at 19 years of age. You wait to see if he can consistently outplay a Dembele or Sandro, who he can't even match yet, when people know exactly what his tricks are.

There are reasons Van Gaal won't play him. He is one of the worst tacklers in the league, misses the target with 4 in 5 shots and can't create close to 2 chances in 90 minutes despite playing with Rooney, Van Persie and Mata, because he's clueless when to pass and dribble despite having some ability to do both.
Mahrez plays a lot more than Januzaj. Did Januzaj do something to you or what??? You say he is one of the worst tacklers in the league? What games are you basing all these 'facts' on?

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
This Spurs fan has to be on a wind-up. Has he ever watched Januzaj??? He's struggled for form a bit this season but that's because he hasn't had a run of games.
He struggled for form for most of last season too to be fair. Had a great start then faded badly.

RedFish

Everything that makes Januzaj in any way above average so far is talk, assumption and people assuming he's going to become great, based off of someone of the thinnest evidence ever put forward. Nobody knew him last season, or what to do to stop him. Now they do and now he's playing with pressure.

Fortunately we live in a world where hype doesn't last. If Kane and Januzaj stink next season, they're tomorrow's Macheda and Holtby. People though Modric wasn't worth buying because Cleverley would improve, that Welbeck would score 20 a season if played as a striker. Before this season people would have said Kane couldn't compare to Wilson or Mason to Powell. Blackett was talked about as an England prospect after 1 game.

It's the way he plays. That natural balance he has, the ability to ghost past players. Stephen Hendry was a phenomenal snooker player - The ultimate winner but he'll never match Ronnie O'sullivan for that certain 'magic' about him. You won't find any stats about that mate, you either see/feel it, or you (clearly, in your case) don't.

In Rainbows

He struggled for form for most of last season too to be fair. Had a great start then faded badly.
Moyes stopped playing him when Mata came because the worry at that time was that we were relying on an 18 year old too much. After winning United's player of the month in January he didn't get a start until a month later, which kind of hints that Moyes started to rest him regardless of how he was playing. He simply didn't play much after January. That doesn't mean he was always brilliant. He was inconsistent last season, but that's expected from an 18 year old.

Kostur

海尔的老板

SteveW

That's mental. You're going to look extremely foolish.

Cina

You were far less of a WUM and a lot less ridiculous before you got promoted. Please don't go down that path, we'd actually like to have a Spurs poster here who isn't as bad as Glaston. Thanks.

IceDevil

Yes, but in my opinion part of the problem is that we still aren't sure about Adnan's best position. Moyes said that he was better behind the striker, which makes more sense IMO. (Correct me if i'm wrong please, but when Adnan was in the academy he played as a left wing or CAM?)

I think that LvG has struggled to spot Adnan's qualities, sadly.

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Fair enough if luckyspurs holds his opinion that Januzaj isn't any good but he's literally getting every opinion from the stats. It's stupid.
He's a great passer but he needs a Bergkamp or someone to tell him how to find space and stop making it easy for defenders to box him in. Di Maria would be perfect if the language isn't a barrier.

Eriksen's decision making is Modric like; Oscar's touch and effectiveness is ridiculous, Coutinho has staggering amount of talent he hasn't found an effective use for yet.

Januzaj holds the ball so long, you're screaming for him to pass it and show a bit of urgency. Can have all the talent you want but if you're not smart and start to get vain about your own ability, you're next to useless. Adel Taarabt had phenomenal talent, but he held the ball too long.

Last edited:

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You were far less of a WUM and a lot less ridiculous before you got promoted. Please don't go down that path, we'd actually like to have a Spurs poster here who isn't as bad as Glaston. Thanks.
This isn't a wind up I promise you.

I honestly can't comprehend the hype around this guy. He's no better than 60% of the wingers in the league at the moment and the other 40% are bench players. It's like listening to Texas A and M fans insisting Manziel is more majestic and talented than Luck, Rodgers and Brady, because he was splashed all over ESPN.

It's like a few through balls and a volley against Sunderland and he overtook all but about 15 attacking midfielders in the league as far as United fans are concerned. Since when was he better than Lamela; I know Lamela's not shown his Roma form but he's still done as well as Januzaj in the Premier League and can't even speak English. Didn't even want to leave Italy if reports are to be believed (why would you, as an Argentine).

For reference, my only vaguely anti-United player comments and sentiments are

1. Falcao's price (love him as a person, it's just a huge price).
2. Januzaj being overrated unless he improves drastically.
3. Di Maria being less effective though much more fun to watch than Bale (I actually don't like watching Bale much; it's Modric that I love watching).
4. Occasionally that Shaw while a great defender needs to grow his confidence in attack.

Every other United player I'm dishing out praise to (and those guys too of course).

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
For reference, my only anti-United player comments are

1. Falcao's price (love him as a guy, it's just a huge price).
2. Januzaj being overrated unless he improves drastically.
3. Di Maria being less effective though much more fun to watch than Bale (I actually don't like watching Bale much; it's Modric that I love watching).
4. Occasionally that Shaw while great defensively needs to grow his confidence in attack.
All fair and true comments imo. I do think Januzaj is way over rated tbh, we tend to do it with all our young players. We over rate them to the points where they can't possibly fulfill expectations and then throw shit their way when they aren't playing well.

ZDwyr

He's definitely been overrated on here. That is not to say there is talent there and he can be a very good player though. Just needs to start getting more minutes and finding some consistency.

In Rainbows

Yes, but in my opinion part of the problem is that we still aren't sure about Adnan's best position. Moyes said that he was better behind the striker, which makes more sense IMO. (Correct me if i'm wrong please, but when Adnan was in the academy he played as a left wing or CAM?)

I think that LvG has struggled to spot Adnan's qualities, sadly.
He was a #10, but also played on the right wing with a lot of freedom. In the u21s he also played as a striker alternating with Lingard because the reserves didn't have strikers at the time. He played that position different from a normal striker. Instead of scoring goals he held that ball up really well and brought everyone into play.

Here's a game of his from the u21s in 2013 (wish there were more of these during that time). As you can see, it's completely different from how he plays now a days where it's dribble or cross. He picked his moments when to run at players at youth level. Now, like I said, it is and has been stressed since last season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.