Adnan Januzaj | Sunderland Loan Watch

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout

Season long loan is confirmed. Hopefully he is first choice player. Not sure how good their attackers are but if he can't become first choice at Sunderland then not a hope at United.

First time in years we made good decision when it comes to loan deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyJ1985

Time for him to show us what he's capable of. It's a great opportunity for him.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Wasn't it Moyes' decision to try and turn him into the next Giggs? Odds are really stacked against him at Sunderland.

Excellent news. Don't think he's got the talent or attitude to make it here, but hope he proves me wrong. A PL loan was a necessity.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I'm still not sure what his best position is (he's not a winger, so a 10?). I don't think he has a future here but a loan move is the best for all involved.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
He will be playing with Defoe, not a bad striker to play with. Will be interesting in which position he'll play.

He is available against city tomorrow.

Robbie Boy

I think it would take a pretty fantastic season for him, not to be shipped out next summer. Good luck.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
This should lighten the mood over at that Sunderland board a bit. Love and McNair didn't exactly go down too well.

Gerald G

Hopefully he does well and he signs a new contract, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he moves permanently next summer. I hope this works out for all parties.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
All the talk of his attitude is concerning, he has bags of talent and it'd be a real shame for him to piss it away with poor application.

Hopefully a season under Moyes, who seemed to really like him, will give him the platform to knuckle down and show himself, otherwise he'll be shipped permanently next summer for sure. Like someone else said above, if he can't break into their team he's no chance here.

rotherham_red

I think people talking about Adnan's attitude need to cut him some slack. If I remember correctly, he had an exemplary attitude in LVG's first year here. Even going to the extent of asking to play in the Reserves because he was seemingly ignored by the first team manager. He had a proactive attitude to his Utd career right up to the point of him getting sent out on loan despite scoring and impressing in the Villa game a couple of weeks before. What has happened since, is a player who has simply had enough, and when you saw some of the tumescent dross ahead of him, can you really blame him?

I just hope he doesn't burn his bridges with us, and vice versa, because there really is a top class player in there.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Moyes is swiftly becoming a new Roy Keane who kept bitching about United while constantly getting bail out deals from us which were instrumental for him to keep his job. The only difference is that Moyes is no legend of ours

Januzaj will do great with Sunderland

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Think he will do well personally, when he played the attacking role for us early last season he was decent, not brilliant but he created chances.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I dont think he will be back here.

I thought the same with Nani, this might just help us get a higher price though.
If he has a very good year under Moyes, I think he will definitely return - especially as we will be back in the CL next year and with his old mates Lingard and Pogba already here.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yeah as said many times already this is his chance to prove what he can do. That should be enough motivation to play out of his skin this season. Of course he has to score a hat-trick tomorrow!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He played 90 min last weekend, there is a much greater chance of him signing a new contract than him leaving this Summer.
What a great game that was

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
If he has a very good year under Moyes, I think he will definitely return - especially as we will be back in the CL next year and with his old mates Lingard and Pogba already here.
Someone mentioned it before, but with Jose, if he doesnt rate you, its very hard for you to change his mind. See De Bruyne, Kalas etc.

I think it was @prath92 that mentioned it.

Id love to be wrong, but I really cant see it, especially as I think we will be looking to bring in new players next Summer too, especially in that troubled wing position.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I feel like loans rarely work out but in the predicimant he found himself, this was the best decision.

I want to say come December will be one of the brightest players in the premier league. As said before, I haven't seen a more skillfull player come out of United's academy (I never followed Ravel)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Someone mentioned it before, but with Jose, if he doesnt rate you, its very hard for you to change his mind. See De Bruyne, Kalas etc.

Id love to be wrong, but I really cant see it, especially as I think we will be looking to bring in new players next Summer too, especially in that troubled wing position.
I don't think Mourinho would bury his head in the sand if Januzaj were to magically play like he did three years ago, but for the entire season. If he does well at Sunderland and still doesn't return - we can safely assume his attitude is not compatible with what Jose wants from a player.

Raw

Nice touch to use a picture of him putting an ex-Sunderland Newcastle player on his arse.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

If Mourinho didn't rate him at all he would have sold him.