Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

Despite the hysteria, I actually don't think this is a bad deal at all.

Lentwood

Glazers would be very happy with this bit of business, Eriksen on a free and Rabiot for 18m euros. They should be getting a solution to the midfield not this.
Dare I ask....(because I know what's coming)....this isn't the same Glazers who have overseen the spending of £1BN net and the highest wage bill in European football over the last decade is it?

I think we can lay many things at their door but money has consistently been made available, it's just been wasted

Lewnited

To be fair this may be true, I'm pretty sure we we're linked with him about two months ago now. Having said that, I don't think it's a coincidence that our pursuit of him seems to have accelerated in the last 24 hours.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As i said earlier - We were linked with him as far back as May maybe. Yesterday just made this happen a lot quicker. Only my opinion
Narratives being spun

United Hobbit

Panic signing for sure considering it was wrapped up within 24 hours of the Brighton loss with no prior links to the player. Not to mention how poor our midfield looked. What a fecking mess of a summer.

I wonder if he was like 10th on the list for midfield targets because if he was near the top that will speak volumes of our scouting department
Deep joy

Superunknown

Any idea why we're not going for Tielemans anymore? I'd feel a little bit better about it if we panic sign him instead.
I reckon we'll put in a bid for him.

Tielemans - Rabiot - Eriksen as a potential midfield three?

OverratedOpinion

Its not an irrelevant comparison, I pointed out the disparity in quality between two players, and suggested we start talking to players early.

The reason Gravenberch went for that little is because Bayern started talks with him early, that made him only want to go there, if United started talking to him earlier I think there could jave been a chance he'd follow Ten Hag here.
Yeah he would have chosen us over a well run club with Champions League and an almost guarantee of stability and winning things. We just had to talk to him a bit more.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Dare I ask....(because I know what's coming)....this isn't the same Glazers who have overseen the spending of £1BN net and the highest wage bill in European football over the last decade is it?

I think we can lay many things at their door but money has consistently been made available, it's just been wasted
Wasted yes, but United were and still are one of the most profitable clubs in Europe.

When you are effectively the CEOs of a club making all the major decisions, the recruitment, board room decisions are your call. Woodward for 9 years is their call too.

Getting people who know football in charge is what is needed, and yes they've spent big money but they've gotten footballing decisions wrong in general.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
bollox, heard absolutely not 1 rumor linking us to him (or the racist prick) before and then the day after we lose we have an agreement. Juventus has been trying to sell him since the season ended we could have him the day the transfer window opened
June 2022

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Its not an irrelevant comparison, I pointed out the disparity in quality between two players, and suggested we start talking to players early.

The reason Gravenberch went for that little is because Bayern started talks with him early, that made him only want to go there, if United started talking to him earlier I think there could jave been a chance he'd follow Ten Hag here.
Yeah, it’s either talking earlier OR picking a side who’ve won ten titles on the bounce and are usually in the CL knockouts.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
So what’s your honest take on rabiot? Worth a punt? :nervous:
if he didn't take 13.000.000€ gross wages I wouldn't mind him being our 5th or 6th midfielder in the bench.
I mean he doesn't have injuries.
But giving what his wages are I'm happy he is a goner because with that kind of wages you could get a much better midfielder

Hester_manc

Not better than McTominay or Fred, just an alternative at the same level. One game he is going to be good, and the next he is terrible.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Rabiot is a bad apple and a fraud of a player. You should absolutely not sign him.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Not better than McTominay or Fred, just an alternative at the same level. One game he is going to be good, and the next he is terrible.
McT hasnt had a good game for about a year. So 50% improvement

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yeah, it’s either talking earlier OR picking a side who’ve won ten titles on the bounce and are usually in the CL knockouts.
Point is there were no rumours about any other club, and that the prices are similar, Ajax wanted to keep him and Juve want rid of Rabiot.

He may not have came here, and I wouldn't blame him, just pointing out we're signing crap for the same price others are signing potential world class players.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Wasn’t he in a midfield trio of Kante and Pogba not so long ago ?
He was but Kante and France Pogba are a bit better than anything you have on offer. Until you get FdJ of course which should be anytime now.

Lentwood

Wasted yes, but United were and still are one of the most profitable clubs in Europe.

When you are effectively the CEOs of a club making all the major decisions, the recruitment, board room decisions are your call. Woodward for 9 years is their call too.

Getting people who know football in charge is what is needed
, and yes they've spent big money but they've gotten footballing decisions wrong in general.
I think everybody agrees with the bolded parts but I just don't like these conspiracy theories you see about how we're cutting costs or pursuing cheaper targets.

The club never does anything on the cheap....I'd say that's actually part of the issue!

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

Do you think that that money came out of their own pocket?

You say they spent £1bn but you fail yo say the other £££ that has left in dividend payments and loan payments (on a loan of £450m-that loan is still there, its roughly same figure, that their dad used to buy the club with all those years ago and still there).

The Glazers have spent £zero of their own money, they have spunked all that money and left us the shambles that we now are.

The main problem with the club is that the Glazers aren't held to account nearly enough, theses cretins should be hounded out of the club and until that happens nothing will change unfortunately.

OverratedOpinion

Point is there were no rumours about any other club, and that the prices are similar, Ajax wanted to keep him and Juve want rid of Rabiot.

He may not have came here, and I wouldn't blame him, just pointing out we're signing crap for the same price others are signing potential world class players.
Again, pointless comparison.

My mate in the US might be able to get a pair of trainers for cheaper. It is impossible for me to get that pair for the price because I live in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.