Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

buchansleftleg

Yeah like from 2018. Because that's probably when we had a scout report on the guy. Someone needs to tell them that people change in 4 years.
Someone finally found the password (on a post-it note on the underside of the top drawer) to the scouts departments 386 desktop computer and booted it up. It had one Notepad file on it last updated in 2018....

Targets for United Players

Arnautovic.....give Tony P a call and see how much
Rabiot..... french - nice hair - next Cantona?
Messi... bit small for Prem, might have fallen out with coach - worth a try?

ForeverRed1

if he didn't take 13.000.000€ gross wages I wouldn't mind him being our 5th or 6th midfielder in the bench.
I mean he doesn't have injuries.
But giving what his wages are I'm happy he is a goner because with that kind of wages you could get a much better midfielder
great.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Oh, feck off

We pass up the opportunity to sign their one decent midfielder who is the spits of de Jong only to try and sign this garbage player? I give up.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
If this is Ten Hag's decision then I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, otherwise what the feck? There are surely tons of a medicore midfielders who can run around lots that we could pick up if we just wanted a body. Be more reliable than this joker.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Again, pointless comparison.

My mate in the US might be able to get a pair of trainers for cheaper. It is impossible for me to get that pair for the price because I live in the UK.
It really isn't a pointless comparison.

I pointed out one player who left for similar money to Raviot with much better quality, how about Kamara who signed for free to Aston Villa? Or are you going to point out that he isn't good enough for us? Or a million other reasons as to why we didn't sign him?

How about Bissouma who outgrew the side who just played us off the park for £25m? Could we not compete with Spurs? Speaking of Spurs, how come we didn't sign Bentacur from Juve for the same price Rabiot is going to cost us? More excuses?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If Rabiot is the right one, which midfielders are the wrong ones?

To be fair, I can understand that hot players are not keen on joining us, so it explains why are we looking at that second basket. His wages concern me though.

OverratedOpinion

I pointed out one player who left for similar money to Raviot with much better quality, how about Kamara who signed for free to Aston Villa? Or are you going to point out that he isn't good enough for us? Or a million other reasons as to why we didn't sign him?

How about Bissouma who outgrew the side who just played us off the park for £25m? Could we not compete with Spurs? Speaking of Spurs, how come we didn't sign Bentacur from Juve for the same price Rabiot is going to cost us? More excuses?
The other players you mentioned are probably valid. Conte's Spurs have pull at the moment but I still reckon we are more attractive. I can see why Ten Hag would not fancy Kamara tbf.

Gravenberch is clearly a pointless comparison for the reasons I and others have shared.

saivet

They all started laughing on the podcast after this was said. Ornstein said after he won't be cynical which to me indicates this is just the line he's received from United that they want to portray.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Kamara has never been better than Rabiot, he has around the level of the worst version of Rabiot. Now he is younger and should improve but he hasn't been better.

Wal2Fra

He has stepped up his level of professionalism the past few years and has worked his way back into the French squad.

Big, strong and can hold onto the ball, but also knows when to give it. Doesn’t do anything fancy (like Pogba) and doesn’t take to many risks with the ball (like Fernandes) sort of player who you won’t see much of throughout 90mins but keeps things ticking between defense and attack.

Good bit of business for the reported fee (18m?) although wages will be on the higher side. Not the first time we have been linked either but he ended up at Juve. Improves first 11, world cup year which he will be pushing for after missing the previous one. Happy with this.

Zoo

They all started laughing on the podcast after this was said. Ornstein said after he won't be cynical which to me indicates this is just the line he's received from United that they want to portray.
They were just laughing because frankly and obviously we are simply a laughing stock. Don’t forget that the Arnautovic news broke before yesterdays result.

Jacob

An international DM on the right side of 30 that is better than what we got on the cheap. Why the hell not?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The other players you mentioned are probably valid. Conte's Spurs have pull at the moment but I still reckon we are more attractive.

Gravenberch is clearly a pointless comparison for the reasons I and others have shared.
I just posted a player that seemingly fit out criteria (played for Ten Hag before) to the one we currently have a bid accepted on, I could have named all the others but it wouldn't fit our current transfer strategy.

@JPRouve I honestly haven't seen Kamara play much, just highlights, so I'll reserve judgement, just pointing out players who were cheap that could potentially have improved us, now you say he's the same level as Rabiot, but was free and available much earlier and younger.

You pretty much agree with my assessment.

Oranges038

Business before pleasure. Veronique will propose a range of weekly wages depending on how long Murtough lasts. Arnold will be there to witness and provide encouragement to Murtough to ensure we save every penny on this deal.
Could always do it at the same time.

She might get off on them telling her about her sons salary and bonuses during coitus.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That’s just bad. Really bad. Your club just doesn’t seem to learn.

Cloudface

I just posted a player that seemingly fit out criteria (played for Ten Hag before) to the one we currently have a bid accepted on, I could have named all the others but it wouldn't fit our current transfer strategy.

@JPRouve I honestly haven't seen Kamara play much, just highlights, so I'll reserve judgement, just pointing out players who were cheap that could potentially have improved us, now you say he's the same level as Rabiot, but was free and available much earlier and younger.

He didn't say that at all.

caid

Just seems like it has relatively high chance of going horribly wrong. Think 200k is too much for him even with our bloated wages so kind of mindblowing to see Juve pay that. Presume he wont be cheap and will be impossible to move if things go wrong. Questionable professionalism and an agent that seems despised by everyone who's dealt with him.
I know last season was especially poor but got the impression the previous seasons weren't great either. Even at his best at psg he was decent more than anything else. Dont see many potential upsides and lots of potential for headaches.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

As the worst version of Rabiot.

Jacob

To be honest, I'm not sure what some of you expected. De Jong was always an unlikely punt way out of our league. It's not like we're able to attract the likes of Veratti in our current state. If we managed to get A-league players it would primarily be achieved with extortionate wages that leads us right down the toxic path we just came from. We are in the B/C league and should shop accordingly. The best of the lot in that bracket so the manager can do his magic and push them slowly into A league players.

OverratedOpinion

Yes and I commented on the one player you mentioned?

Gravenberch was not available to us as Bayern are far more attractive. You are being intentionally obtuse if you do not get that.

Bissouma would have been a good signing. Also JP never said Kamara was as good as Rabiot. I think you will be surprised watching Rabiot for us.

Here is something you can really argue with, I think Rabiot will do a better job for us this season than Gravenberch would have. Not in 5 years but right now which is what we need.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The problem is that almost any PL midfielder would improve our midfield, the bar is that low.

We're just filling the squad with shite again when it was suggested this would be a fresh start. So our midfield now is Rabiot and Fred? still bang average.
He's not shite though, that's what I don't get when people are saying this.
As you say, he is inoffensive and uninspiring. Like AWB, Donny, Lindelof, Andreas etc...

In a year or two, he'll be 'deadwood' because in a dysfunctional team like ours, he probably doesn't have the natural talent to be particularly outstanding to drive us to Top 4 by himself and he's not exactly a young and mouldable talent. And then we can't move him on because we've probably signed him to a 5 year contract on really high wages.

And then when we finally do have a good chance of signing someone like Frenkie in a year or two, the board won't do it because they can't move Rabiot on from his multi-million pound contract.

Ugh. Is anyone experiencing Groundhog day?
He's played at far higher levels than they ever have though. Again, just seems like projecting our insecurities that he'll be a dud and I don't think anyone is suggesting hes going to propel us to the top 4.
I think it's the highly likely scenario that he's the De Jong alternative and our only midfield signing that's the problem. As a bonus signing in addition to a planned option it would be fine.
That's the only scenario I would be annoyed at this signing at really, but I don't see him being a FDJ alternative at all.

Yagami

Good post resistant
An international DM on the right side of 30 that is better than what we got on the cheap. Why the hell not?
Because he's not a dm, and is shit. I've watched Juve A LOT these past couple of years and he's not had one good performance, and doesn't play as the deepest midfielder. When Arthur has been out, their midfield has gone to absolute pot because none of them are good enough.

He was even moved to left midfield because he was so useless in the centre.

saik

Surely we are not going to give a pay rise to a guy Juve want to get rid of?

Castia

He's not shite though, that's what I don't get when people are saying this.

He's played at far higher levels than they ever have though. Again, just seems like projecting our insecurities that he'll be a dud and I don't think anyone is suggesting hes going to propel us to the top 4.

That's the only scenario I would be annoyed at this signing at really, but I don't see him being a FDJ alternative at all.
Juve we're willing to pay to release him, he's coming off a bad season with a year left on his contract

Not exactly the midfielder we was hoping for is it after 2 years of waiting

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Because he's not a dm, and is shit. I've watched Juve A LOT these past couple of years and he's not had one good performance, and doesn't play as the deepest midfielder. When Arthur has been out, their midfield has gone to absolute pot because none of them are good enough.

He was even moved to left midfield because he was so useless in the centre.
It's like going an entire summer wanting to buy a electric car and coming out with a rusty bike

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Point is there were no rumours about any other club, and that the prices are similar, Ajax wanted to keep him and Juve want rid of Rabiot.

He may not have came here, and I wouldn't blame him, just pointing out we're signing crap for the same price others are signing potential world class players.
What’s the Rabiot fee?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Rabiot had talent once but too many things derailed him from fulfilling his potential. I remember how he refused to be converted as a DM for PSG as it was considered to be his best position but he didn't want it for whatever reason. He wanted to play as an 8, have some involvement in the opposite pen box.
Bad attitude + inconsistency in performances+ hands on and nosy mum= a recipe to avoid at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.