Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

Yeah, no real "win" in this one. We criticise the club for overpaying for players/paying too high a wage and at the same time we also criticise them when were refusing to be held to ransom.
Bruh they wasted a week on this shite deal.
We flew to Turin ffs
Should have sorted his salary demands day zero.

Surely its not insane to expect the club to be precise and efficient this late in the window?

Thiagoal

Seems very strange that this dragged on so long- he’s clearly on a massive wage in Turin and not going to want to reduce it to come to a struggling club.

If Juve are really desperate for him to go, then why don’t they subsidise his wages like we have to do to expensive flops over the years. Alternatively give him to us on a free?

Delano

How do you know the expected salary before you negotiate? They tried to reach a compromise but couldn’t do walked away. Lots have been moaning about our wages and how much we pay.
He's known to be the highest earner in Serie A. With preferable tax in Italy versus the UK.

It'd be absolute naivety for us to think he would walk away from free agency for a mid range wage. Even if its the same, it's still less because of Tax.

SER19

Bizarre reactions here. I didn't want rabiot on his own, but him plus another midfielder made sense at 18m. Hes an upgrade and we have to accept that our next step is not a title fight, its getting back to top 4.

Fair enough if we set a wage limit, but nonetheless disappointing if we end up with zero or one midfielders, when we need 2

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not an awful suggestion, to be fair. He can pass a football and Juve reportedly want rid. I expect we'll have the same wage problem though - nobody is overly keen on joining United anymore and decent players will want some recompense for the step down in their careers (a mega salary).
Aye, I'm not sure he'll have that many suitors either (only really Arsenal, iirc, were linked) but yeah, I wouldn't mind him but then again, i am probably living in 2019 or thereabout :lol:
We flew to Turin ffs

Surely its not insane to expect the club to be precise and efficient this late in the window?
Yeah, but i think we headed to Turin at the request of Veronique Rabiot. She didn't want to deal with any intermediaries.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We don't need an elite midfielder...we need at least a couple of good ones. A solitary midfielder no matter how good won't do it unfortunately
This. My God are they stupid. We need to get a Murtough out trending :lol:

Fooza

We flew to Turin ffs

I know right incompotent fools, have they not heard about zoom?

Happy this deal is over, some on here were thinking it's Rabiot or McFred and nothing else which was bizarre. They will be more panic and pensioner rumours coming :drool:

ZupZup

If he is looking for massive wages then I am glad we didn’t capitulate to the demands. I expect he will end up lowering his demands and moving somewhere before the window closes because the World Cup is coming up. Sitting on the bench at Juve where he seems to be out of favour won’t do him any good.

worldinmotion66

If you believe the reports, we offered to match his Juventus wage, and he demanded a lot more. I don’t really mind that we’re not bending over but at some point you have to expect to get lubed up if you leave it this late.
Why would he agree to that? We're not as attractive as Juventus right now and he's a free agent in a year, is he not? Seems a no brainer that he'd want a pay increase.

I'm not too unhappy that we're not overpaying players, but the lack of self awareness from those in charge of transfer dealings at the club is a massive worry. And now we're being linked to casemiro. If you didn't laugh, you'd cry at the ineptitude

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'd rather we pull out than give exorbitant wages to players just to convince them to join us.

Lack of quality midfielders is an issue at this club, but so is overpaid, underperforming players who don't fully want to be here.

We don't fix one problem by adding to the other.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
People in here saying thank Goodness this fell through but will be the first ones complaining when we have to go through another complete season of McFred
Let's hope the club has other targets. I wasnt against the signing, but I am against the club being taken to the cleaners by players. So from that perspective, I am glad we're walking away if they are being unreasonable.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Surely this is something that should be done months in advance ffs
Well, for the first time ever, man utd have considered someone's wages to be absurd. Sounds like we don't know what the feck we're doing and are saving every penny to throw at de Jong who doesn't even wanna look our way.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Finished club. Hope EtH bails. This board deserves nothing less.

Kostov

I have come to peace that whoever we bring this window would be a disaster, so I am glad for one that we did not offer 500k to Rabiot and made another stupid problem for the future.

jasT1981

We don't need an elite midfielder...we need at least a couple of good ones. A solitary midfielder no matter how good won't do it unfortunately
100% correct.

No point bringing in an elite if he is surrounded by McFred.

A couple of good midfielders could turn out better than one 'Elite'

We did that with Ronaldo last year and look whats going on there now.

the_cliff

Let's hope the club has other targets. I wasnt against the signing, but I am against the club being taken to the cleaners by players. So from that perspective, I am glad we're walking away if they are being unreasonable.
I've been hoping too long.

Not expecting shit from the club tbh. Casemiro ?
Good Luck

Looks to me that they're just throwing out names right now with no intention of actually signing anyone. Who's next ? KDB ? Maybe Bellingham?

Meanwhile players like Bennacer/Caicedo that are actually obtainable aren't anywhere to be seen.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'd rather we pull out than give exorbitant wages to players just to convince them to join us.

Lack of quality midfielders is an issue at this club, but so is overpaid, underperforming players who don't fully want to be here.

Yeah. We should have been doing this for a few years now but Ed Woodward wanted to show off. Dumbass.

El Jefe

The clown Murtough must have had a deadline to use his airmiles so decided to feck off to Turin for a pointless meeting.

Make that a trip to Barcelona and now Turin that have proven to be absolutely pointless.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I don't think this is what "bottle" means.
For the first time man utd consider a wage to be too high lool and amidst that we are panicking and running around like headless chickens.

We were negotiating for 14 days and only now realised he's asking for too much when the windows about to close?

It's clear for all to see. We are not aware of what we are doing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I've been hoping too long.

Not expecting shit from the club tbh. Casemiro ?
Good Luck

Looks to me that they're just throwing out names right now with no intention of actually signing anyone. Who's next ? KDB ? Maybe Bellingham?

Meanwhile players like Bennacer/Caicedo that are actually obtainable aren't anywhere to be seen.
As i was reading that, i was thinking might as well aim for KdB, Rodri while we're at it. It's so scattergun and chaotic, one can only laugh :lol: (or cry!)

jasT1981

The clown Murtough must have had a deadline to use his airmiles so decided to feck off to Turin for a pointless meeting.

Make that a trip to Amsterdam and now Turin that have proven to be absolutely pointless.
I'm getting 2013 'Returning to Manchester for URGENT transfer business' vibes

peridigm

Agreed

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If he wanted mad money we were right to walk away.

The issue is that there is genuinely no transfer plan.

MrEleson

When converting from Euros to pounds and adjusting for the fact that they list their salaries after tax and not before; this is around £294k per week pre-tax that he’s asking for which would put him as our 4th highest earner behind only Ronaldo, Sancho & DDG which is ludicrous for a player of his quality (or lack of).

The commission request is also truly outrageous and utterly laughable.

Rolaholic

feck that, feck him and his mother :lol:

We're desperate but not that desperate. He'll join another team on a free for less than he currently earns at Juve next summer.

feck signing up for another high earning piece of future deadwood

Status
Not open for further replies.