Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No its not but if you wish to stick your head in the sand go for it. Let me ask you a question though. If he was so good then why we didn't go for him immediately? Why no one else want him?
Since you base your point on rumours, Rabiot was allegedly targetted by Monaco, PSG and Chelsea.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
20m . Juve wanted to sell him for free and now we are giving them money.

Lecland07

I wonder if the extreme negativity will actually end up in this player being decent. There are so many signings that people have been excited over for them to just end up being crap.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Isn't it possible that last season was an anomaly, seeing that his previous seasons were alot better in this specific category?

I'd personally be amazed if he's not a big upgrade on McTominay
Marginal upgrade on McSauce but still and upgrade. Dont play down his regression in which was still a really good Juve team

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Since you base your point on rumours, Rabiot was allegedly targetted by Monaco, PSG and Chelsea.
So they can't afford 15m on him? Would PSG want to deal with the evil witch again?

JPRouve

Scout
So they can't afford 15m on him? Would PSG want to deal with the evil witch again?
Luis Campos allegedly likes the player and PSG would deal with anyone, they don't care much about those things.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Also turned down Newcastle earlier in the window and Paul Mitchell at Monaco is also trying to sign him according to L'Equipe.

romufc

20m . Juve wanted to sell him for free and now we are giving them money.
15m euros rising to 20m

They were considering it but didnt terminate his contract, if they were serious they would have done like they did with Ramsey.

Although, I do not rate this signing, people claiming oh Juve fans thing xyz means feck all really.

Go have a look, Juve fans didn't rate Kulu or Bentancur and now they are exceling at Spurs.

Highfather_24

Dont know why we didnt go for a free agent+ young player like Kamara, or even take a punt on a young upcoming DM like Sangare or the many other DMs that changed clubs this summer.

But nah, we would rather spend 20M on a declining player on high wages, who their parent club wanted to rid off desperately on a free, while also adding another toxic agent to the mix.

Stactix

May well be an upgrade on McTom but reading that thread I don't think it's worth all the extra 'baggage' and I'm not sure we need more players with a 'lazy mentality'

Seems to be good at making powerful runs forward, similar to Pogba but then struggles without space to do so, loses possession easily and isn't that great a passer..

Utd need press resistant players to prevent getting caught on the counter so often..

Highfather_24

Again, makes no sense. Our current midfield profile :

#6 : ???
#8 : McT, Fred, VdB, Eriksen
#10 : Bruno, Eriksen, VdB

And our idea of squad building is adding another #8? Why not let Fred play as an #8, as its clearly his best position, and get a ball playing DM? But nah, that makes too much sense.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Since its been said we are targeting players based on Ten Hag recommendations, I'm curious how Ten Hag came to target him. There's no affiliations between them and it's not like Rabiot had a great season where you don't have to look far to know why he's wanted

MetoTTT

why oh why are people so worried about wages? It's not your money - and, of course you have no real idea whether he'll be paid £1 per minute or £1m per minute. If this club doesn't have the money to even pay their targets' wages we really are deep in the manure.

Is he good enough, will he fit in are the only things I worry about. I don't worry whether the bloke in front of me at the petrol station can pay for a full tank or just enough to get home
Because we have and had a lot of players not good enough to play here over the years and we can't sell them because they're on massive wages. Not bothered pay big fees and wages to players who are good enough to win again. We overpay bang average players.

R'hllor

Personally dont care about the money but our wage bill and rewarding system creates awful culture, its like invite people telling them, come to us, you will be on high wages and you dont need to produce anything to earn it.

Marcelinho87

Yes. He's a talented player and was fantastic at Forest last season. We would be mad to sell him. If can get a couple of midfielders in then we can consider loaning him to another PL team.
That turns into perpetual loans for years where he ends up going free or for low value much like Henderson.

Garner won't make it here, young players bursting through are extremely rare and I don't think he has it. Selling now whilst his stock is high is the best thing United could do.. we won't though, he will be here for many years.

Suv666

Literally read nothing but negative shite about Rabiot. Not a single positive.

ETH is either playing an absolute blinder or his head is gone.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The fact alone that you need to talk to his mother and ask if her boy is allowed to join makes this a cringeworthy deal.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I wonder if the extreme negativity will actually end up in this player being decent. There are so many signings that people have been excited over for them to just end up being crap.
Would be so ironic wouldn't it?
After Sunday's horror display, quite honestly, I'd take just about any Midfielder out there, if it means either one of McFred are out of the team.
Repent at leisure... :rolleyes:

JPRouve

Scout
The fact alone that you need to talk to his mother and ask if her boy is allowed to join makes this a cringeworthy deal.
She is his agent, the same way Wilfried Mbappé, Jorge Messi and many other parents represent players.

Henrik1990

Again, makes no sense. Our current midfield profile :

#6 : ???
#8 : McT, Fred, VdB, Eriksen
#10 : Bruno, Eriksen, VdB

And our idea of squad building is adding another #8? Why not let Fred play as an #8, as its clearly his best position, and get a ball playing DM? But nah, that makes too much sense.
I'd presume Ten Hag's logic might be to actually play Eriksen in the regista position instead of Fred. McT in the B2B role lacks the quality while an Eriksen+Fred combo lacks physicality. Thus our apparent interest in a physical b2b player.
But for the love of god, I hope we end up going for SMS, rather than Rabiot.

dove

Literally read nothing but negative shite about Rabiot. Not a single positive.

ETH is either playing an absolute blinder or his head is gone.
You missed a few posts saying he is a slight improvement on McT. I would call it a positive.

JPRouve

Scout
People seem to be really struggling with a player being represented by a female relative
I don't if it's the gender but Kane, Ramos, Varane and Guardiola are represented by their brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.