g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revaulx

As much as I want new reinforcements, especially in midfield, we simply can’t keep making the same Woodward and Judge mistakes over and over. If he wants some crazy high wages, and we are calling it off because of that, then I’m okay with it.
Very much so.

Arnold and Murtough appear to be totally out of their depth in terms of formulating and implementing a transfer strategy. The one ray of light is that they do seem to have learned not to repeat at least some of their predecessors’ idiocy. I suppose we should be grateful for that.

Rusholme Ruffian

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he walks. He’s been massively let down and no matter what he does, he won’t turn this shower of shite into much.
I wouldn't blame him if he did, and believe me nobody is more critical of the owners and the joke of a footballing administration at the club, but I do wonder if part of the reason they appointed him was that in his interview he convinced them that he could largely work with the players that were already there and radically improve them through coaching? If that wasn't the case then I just cannot understand why a) the club identified such a paltry transfer budget following our worst season for god knows how long, b) why ETH agreed to it (it must have been discussed during his interview), c) why we have proceeded at such leisurely pace and d) why - other than de Jong - ETH was happy to bust a fair chunk of the budget on squad players rather than ones who could genuinely change things. Why was ETH so reluctant to speak to Rangnick, who we know had already said that about 10 players needed replacing? To me that smacks of 'I'm going to give everyone a fair chance to impress me', rather than 'I'm going to clear the decks of the shite that have been clogging up the first team for the last few years and build my own team'.

Not sticking the boot in on ETH here - I am absolutely convinced of his coaching ability - but managing a behemoth in decline like United is about much more than coaching. I think he has probably been shocked at the atmosphere, attitude, motivation, morale, lack of tactical awareness (cheers Ole), and general malaise at the club...in which case he maybe should have had that convo with Rangnick and/or taken it more seriously.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
So… is mighty Manchester United really not paying silly money for Zidane 2.0 then (some posts going a looong way to morph a donkey into a stallion are pretty funny tbh)… You are truly going to miss a generational talent, you know.

MrBest

This whole window has been a total mess. 2 weeks to go, 2 defeats to middle table teams, one being 4-0 and the other at home, no clear sign of any incoming player, I am worried. Rabiot should never have been on our list, but I came to terms with it because of how bad McFred are and we cannot even close this out. The club will look like heros for not overpaying but they put us in this position in the first place. We need a new footballing director.

Waynne

People here cheering not getting this guy but those same people will come on here after a match to moan about the horrific McFred midfield.

Feck me. I'd take anyone. Give me some from the Bayern or Madrid bench. Just anyone but those two clowns.

Idxomer

Who in their right mind would make Adrien Rabiot one of their highest earners?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
People here cheering not getting this guy but those same people will come on here after a match to moan about the horrific McFred midfield.

Feck me. I'd take anyone. Give me some from the Bayern or Madrid bench. Just anyone but those two clowns.
There’s a difference between throwing your money at a top class player who needs an extra incentive, and being extorted by Adrien Rabiot’s mum.

redcucumber

Yes. Because feckless spending has been a fantastic strategy for us thus far.

Smores

We are desperate so we'll need to go higher than we'd like but it's right we stop excessive wages. Hopefully a compromise is reached where some of the wages are based on performance clauses such as making it into the CL.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
There’s a difference between throwing your money at a top class player who needs an extra incentive, and being extorted by Adrien Rabiot’s mum.
one’s definitely more sexy than the other.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We are desperate so we'll need to go higher than we'd like but it's right we stop excessive wages. Hopefully a compromise is reached where some of the wages are based on performance clauses such as making it into the CL.
At this point, I'd rather they feck him off and we get Casemiro instead.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yes but he wanted MORE.

No shit, go read what I said, you literally bolded it, in fact, I'll make it easy for you, what I said:

"The fact we were offering a mediocre player like him such a high salary is a red flag itself." - we were willing to make him one of the highest paid players in the club, which means we were offering a mediocre players a very high salary, the above statement makes me correct, and the below means you're talking out of your ring, which has been a theme of yours this summer.

So no idea why you even replied to me with:

"But we weren't......that's the reason why we pulled out."

One last time if you suffer from selective reading, which it seems you do.

We were offering him a ridiculous wage, he was a greedy cnut and wanted more, so we were extremely lucky to escape from a deal that would hamstring us to another mediocre player for the next 3 years.

Jacob

Way to go, mom. You just made him an even more hated player with no chance to play the WC.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Both player and agent can remain in Turin. I am delighted they have soured this to the point where a deal cant be made.

As part of the course Veronique unquestiobably demand a hefty agent fee on top of the stupid wage demands for a squad player. Completely out of any semblance of touch with reality.

Marcus

He and his mum are entitled to ask for the highest wage possible. United are entitled to say no thanks.

Mike Smalling

So we are not mindlessly bending over for a player's wage demands even though we are in a bad situation? Have we actually learned something :eek: ?

NotQuiteManc

Higher than Bruno's wages? Even at his best form, I still think his current wages are too much. Let alone paying more for Rabiot.

Cheers mum! Thanks for making the decision easier!

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Apart from going for a transfer of a player that's possibly not good enough, questionable attitude and not doing the transfer like every other club?

Top clubs contact agents first, get an idea if the player is interested and a rough idea of their ball park salary and then contact the selling club to agree a fee. We do it backwards and end up looking stupid pretty regularly.

We are completely scattergun, First Arnautovic, then Rabiot, then Vardy and the latest is apparently Casemiro. No ground work put in with any of the targets before going balls deep.
You have no Idea which way round we did things or which players we're actually interested in. :lol:

Kag

His apparent desire to fleece us into a career-best contract is exactly why business should have been concluded, as much as possible, prior to the season starting. Two bad losses in and were desperate. I’m pleased we’ve said no, mind, but had we made the decision to buy him back in June then he would in all likelihood be here.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Best decision we have made this summer. The last thing we need is another deadwood on high wages. While he can be bloody good,it's a risk we are taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.