Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

If we were to sign Rabiot along with Kane and Onana as our signings within our budget I’d be very happy.

Moving De Gea, Henderson, Laird, Maguire, Bailly, Telles, one McTominay or Fred and VDB in to fund another midfielder (Rice or Caicedo preferably) and I think we’d be set for a title challenge or at least second place.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Very early days, I expect we will sign him, and I can’t say I’m that enthusiastic but looks like a very doable deal.
True. I also forgot with Eriksen it was straight after his Brentford deal expired to be honest, so I think we'll just have to wait til the 1st to know more.

Highfather_24

If we were to sign Rabiot along with Kane and Onana as our signings within our budget I’d be very happy.

Moving De Gea, Henderson, Laird, Maguire, Bailly, Telles, one McTominay or Fred and VDB in to fund another midfielder (Rice or Caicedo preferably) and I think we’d be set for a title challenge or at least second place.
Yeah that's not gonna happen. We will probably get Onana, Mount, Rabiot and Hojlund. And maybe a backup CB like Disasi. Which is not a disastrous window, but not a great window either.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah that's not gonna happen. We will probably get Onana, Mount, Rabiot and Hojlund. And maybe a backup CB like Disasi. Which is not a disastrous window, but not a great window either.
I would take that window and be happy with that. Right now what you mentioned looks like a dream.

El Jefe

Just don't think he's a player that moves the needle at all.

CM seems to be the position every top club in Europe is looking to fill and Rabiot is available on a free and most clubs are skipping past him.

Wages is obviously playing a big factor too but we've shown we're happy to overpay.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

CM seems to be the position every top club in Europe is looking to fill and Rabiot is available on a free and most clubs are skipping past him.

Wages is obviously playing a big factor too but we've shown we're happy to overpay.
Ironic. Considered we didn’t baulk at his wage demands last year. But hey, don’t let that ruin a narrative

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Would like him to join but isn't he a difficult character? If so maybe not then

croadyman

He refused to be on standby for 2018 France squad amongst other things
Yes he did but admitted that was a stupid mistake and was a key player in last World Cup. Think he was impressive against England in Quarter Final.

croadyman

Looks like he's staying at Juventus

Maybe he was a Mount backup target,have doubts we are gonna sign two midfielders now. Unless of course we manage to sell Donny, Fred & McTominay which looks a push

Xaviboy

Maybe he was a Mount backup target,have doubts we are gonna sign two midfielders now. Unless of course we manage to sell Donny, Fred & McTominay which looks a push
Yeah same here. Might stick with McTominey and sell Fred.

Casemiro
Bruno
Mount
Eriksen
McTominey
Manoo

Still think once Casemiro is missing we will struggle big time.

croadyman

Might stick with McTominey and sell Fred.

Casemiro
Bruno
Mount
Eriksen
McTominey
Manoo

Still think once Casemiro is missing we will struggle big time.
Well if we aren't signing him then definitely need to find a cheap backup 6 to learn from Casa. I suspect the midfielder to progress from deep will be a future window

OrcaFat

Looks like he's staying at Juventus

It doesn’t look like we tried to get him.

If we did, then it’s a lesson that we can’t apply that simple idea “walk away and sign ‘em on a free next year”.

NYAS

Honestly it says a lot about him that he hasn’t managed to get a better offer than from his own broke club.

croadyman

Honestly it says a lot about him that he hasn’t managed to get a better offer than from his own broke club.
Yeah very true and still hope we can somehow sell Fred & McTominay to get two midfielders

caid

Who should we get that could fulfill that type of role or would you rather move midfield in a totally different direction
Doesn't look especially likely for a lot of reasons but Rice? Maybe were delaying Rabiot to see how that goes?
I'm not really sure what roll he'd fill to be honest beyond being a good option when others are out. He's not that close to casemiro. He doesn't really have the passing range of Eriksen or Bruno when he's played deeper. That forward roll that presumably Mount will play in and Sabitzer and Weghorst played isn't a particularly obvious fit for him. Maybe if we want to shut up shop against teams that are better than us basically? Dont think thats a roll that'll get much use from Ten Hag.
Maybe the wages are just a bit extravagant in terms of a player who'll be on the bench the overwhelming majority of the time. Maybe sitting on the bench for us isn't as appealing as playing every week for Juventus.
I would have liked it but i'm not that upset on missing out really. I dont really think Rabiot should be sitting on a bench anywhere.

croadyman

If we could somehow gazump Rice with a McT swap that would be good. Failing that Caicedo. Obvious names really but no drama like Rabiot and mama.
Presume you are talking instead of Mount because couldn't afford one of them too

Irwin99

Was hoping this would happen. Free and a very good player. Looks like this and the Kim deal aren't happening, oh well

lex talionis

I have no problem with Rabiot if ETH wants him, but even after watching him a few dozen times over the years I'm still not clear what Rabiot excels at. Just what are his strengths?

ROFLUTION

I have no problem with Rabiot if ETH wants him, but even after watching him a few dozen times over the years I'm still not clear what Rabiot excels at. Just what are his strengths?
Strengths:
- Nice little man-bun.
- Tough negotiator of contracts in his mom.
- He runs

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He looks pretty handy for France whenever I watch them. Mind you, so does Pogba…..

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Presume you are talking instead of Mount because couldn't afford one of them too
If we don’t sign Kim I wouldn’t bother with CB, especially as Maguire is seemingly digging in his heels. Spend that money in midfield too. Then we need a striker and a keeper. A window of Mount, Caicedo/Rice, Kane and Costa will do nicely! :smirk:

croadyman

If we don’t sign Kim I wouldn’t bother with CB, especially as Maguire is seemingly digging in his heels. Spend that money in midfield too. Then we need a striker and a keeper. A window of Mount, Caicedo/Rice, Kane and Costa will do nicely! :smirk:
Reckon that would cost around £270m so if budget was £150m we would need to raise £115-£120m which would be huge ask

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Definitely would move the needle considering we have barely any players who can play deeper in the engine room.

criticalanalysis

I got a mod warning for quoting the fontaine 'difficult personality'/redcafe meme in all caps (i.e it's original form), in response to someone saying Rabiot is a difficult character :lol::(

Seems like my post was deleted too.

L1nk

You're looking at around

Mount - 60 mill
Caicedo - 80-90 mill
Rice - 100+ mill
Kane - 100+ mill
Costa - 40-50 mill

Where are we getting this money from? It's pure fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.