Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope we are in for him. He will be our second best midfielder and we have other positions to cover too.

IMO Rabiot on free transfer is an easy transfer decision. We even tried to sign him last season so our recruitment team and coaching staff rates him.

Real Name

I hope we are in for him. He will be our second best midfielder and we have other positions to cover too.

IMO Rabiot on free transfer is an easy transfer decision. We even tried to sign him last season so our recruitment team and coaching staff rates him.
All round midfielder who can cover multiple positions, what's not to like.

Mainoldo

We need two midfielders. If we sell players at reasonable prices we should be able to afford that.

People easily fall in love with free transfers. People were begging for us to buy Thuram also despite him not being good enough. Last season people lost their shit over Boubakar Kamara, a year later at Villa and I'm sure no one regrets us missing out despite being a free.

If you wouldn't be happy with us buying him to start in our team for £50m then why be happy if he's joining on a free. Rabiot isn't coming here to play off the bench especially at the wages he'll demand. If he was a bench option, then I wouldn't mind but as a starter we need more.

All the top clubs are buying up midfielders but for some reason Rabiot who is available on a free is being overlooked by all despite having a good season. Arsenal, City and Bayern are more willing to overpay for Rice who is a similar type of player than go for Rabiot. A player like Gundogan was a highly coveted free transfer which speaks to his quality.

He is just a decent player at the top level. He carries the ball well and is physical but there is really nothing special he adds to a team. My main issue is his mediocre passing ability.

We should learn our lesson with Eriksen. While he served his purpose in helping us get top 4 its clear that we need better to close the gap to the top. The same will happen with Rabiot, he'll easily be better than Mcfred but in a season's time we'll be wanting an upgrade after finishing behind the top teams again.
I mean you can throw everything in the same pot if you want.

Adrian Robiot is a top quality midfielder Marcus Thuram is a bench player which most people are rating him as.

You do not watch Aston Villa so I don’t know how you can bring up Kamara like he’s had a bad season. He’s been very good but near the end has been out with injures. No one at Villa would say he’s had a bad season.

El Jefe

I mean you can throw everything in the same pot if you want.

Adrian Robiot is a top quality midfielder Marcus Thuram is a bench player which most people are rating him as.

You do not watch Aston Villa so I don’t know how you can bring up Kamara like he’s had a bad season. He’s been very good but near the end has been out with injures. No one at Villa would say he’s had a bad season.
Who are you to tell me who I've watched? He plays for Villa not some obscure club in Portugal. I didn't imply he had a bad season but no one currently says or feels like we missed out on him, I was very clear on that.

If Rabiot is a top class midfielder then tell me why all the top teams in Europe have skipped over him in their search for a new midfielder?

Yeah totally agree and to @El Jefe it might be worth remembering we wanted him last year when he wasn't free. Probably did a lot of legwork last summer but it fell down due to wage demands. We are in Champions League which will help lower things compared to last time.
Yes he was wanted last season and have a look at the reaction in that thread when we were linked with a £40m move. Posters were up in arms but now that the same player is free, he's a top midfielder.

To me he's a squad option but I don't see Rabiot being happy with that role here, so he'll obviously be joining as a starter and we need better.

Mainoldo

Who are you to tell me who I've watched? He plays for Villa not some obscure club in Portugal. I didn't imply he had a bad season but no one currently says or feels like we missed out on him, I was very clear on that.

If Rabiot is a top class midfielder then tell me why all the top teams in Europe have skipped over him in their search for a new midfielder?
Knowing he‘s easily accessible doesn’t mean you‘ve watched him. On top of watching him I’ve watched him live this season too and he’s a better player than McFred. Just because he doesnt have Caicddo hype…. Doesn’t mean he’s been rubbish.

As for Rabiot this guy has been at Man City, PSG, Juve and probably next Manchester United. Who are you really trying to convince that this guy isn’t rated. Imagine if your son was a footballer and someone was telling you he can‘t play ball with that regime.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It's already time for this to come around again! must be time to resurrect Sergej Milinković-Savić too! and Wesley Schneider!

Seriously though, on a free I guess Rabiot adds experience but there must be better out there

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As a minimum he would be seen as an upgrade to McT and Fred.

So if we can get him for free whilst signing Mount/Caceido, that enables us to sell both Fred and McT. It would really help our finances to fund other transfers.

El Jefe

Knowing he‘s easily accessible doesn’t mean you‘ve watched him. On top of watching him I’ve watched him live this season too and he’s a better player than McFred. Just because he doesnt have Caicddo hype…. Doesn’t mean he’s been rubbish.

As for Rabiot this guy has been at Man City, PSG, Juve and probably next Manchester United. Who are you really trying to convince that this guy isn’t rated. Imagine if your son was a footballer and someone was telling you he can‘t play ball with that regime.
I think I can draw the line in this discussion with you or you'll strawman me to death. That's the second time you've either intentionally or unintentionally twisted my words.

Dominos

We need two midfielders. If we sell players at reasonable prices we should be able to afford that.

People easily fall in love with free transfers. People were begging for us to buy Thuram also despite him not being good enough. Last season people lost their shit over Boubakar Kamara, a year later at Villa and I'm sure no one regrets us missing out despite being a free.

If you wouldn't be happy with us buying him to start in our team for £50m then why be happy if he's joining on a free. Rabiot isn't coming here to play off the bench especially at the wages he'll demand. If he was a bench option, then I wouldn't mind but as a starter we need more.

All the top clubs are buying up midfielders but for some reason Rabiot who is available on a free is being overlooked by all despite having a good season. Arsenal, City and Bayern are more willing to overpay for Rice who is a similar type of player than go for Rabiot. A player like Gundogan was a highly coveted free transfer which speaks to his quality.

He is just a decent player at the top level. He carries the ball well and is physical but there is really nothing special he adds to a team. My main issue is his mediocre passing ability.

We should learn our lesson with Eriksen. While he served his purpose in helping us get top 4 its clear that we need better to close the gap to the top. The same will happen with Rabiot, he'll easily be better than Mcfred but in a season's time we'll be wanting an upgrade after finishing behind the top teams again.
We also need 2 strikers, a goal keeper, and a centre back when Maguire leaves, on top of these 2 midfielders. All under FFP and the Glazers as owners.

Good midfielders aren't cheap either, every half decent player costs us 50m minimum as you've seen with the likes of Fred, AWB, Maguire, Antony, Mount...

A midfield selection of Casemiro, Rabiot, Eriksen, Bruno + 1 will get plenty of games between them.

Other top teams aren't in desperate need of multiple midfielders and having to strengthen multiple other positions simultaneously while under a very limited budget. So they have the luxury of only going for their expensive targets and nothing else.

saivet

Hope we get him but can't say I'll be upset if he stays at Juve or goes elsewhere.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm surprised there hasn't been more concrete links to him so far this summer.

We were literally a mother away from signing him last year.

Mainoldo

I think I can draw the line in this discussion with you or you'll strawman me to death. That's the second time you've either intentionally or unintentionally twisted my words.
It’s not even hard to comprehend. We need two midfielders and for the quality we require the budget would be north of £120m. Rabiot is free and is in that quality bracket.

No twisting of words just simple facts.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Juve took Pogba last year on a free.....The least we can do is return the favour and take Rabiot.

He is highly capable, we save £55m of the Mason Mount money, focus on other priority areas and get Mount on a free next summer.

No brainer in my opinion.

I would have even chanced a season with Youri Tielmanns instead of blowing a large chunk of our budget on Mount, but that isn't happening now.
Thank god

RuudTom83

I think this one is more of a Cafe myth...apart from the links last season has there been any real links this summer?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Amazing that this club preferred to keep McFred instead of signing this guy on a free.

World class squad management.

croadyman

Amazing that this club preferred to keep McFred instead of signing this guy on a free.

World class squad management.
Sounds like we did try to sign him,would say if this source was saying we were going to buy someone I wouldn't trust it. Unfortunately it does link up with what Di Marzio said about him being closer to Juventus so can't see them being wrong.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Sounds like we did try to sign him,would say if this source was saying we were going to buy someone I wouldn't trust it. Unfortunately it does link up with what Di Marzio said about him being closer to Juventus so can't see them being wrong.
Last year he waited for Monaco's UCL qualification games before making a decision. Surely he would have wanted to play in the CL this year? We just did not try to get him. There weren't any concrete links except for a report shared earlier. I haven't seen much from that reporter either so cant see any credibility there.

croadyman

Last year he waited for Monaco's UCL qualification games before making a decision. Surely he would have wanted to play in the CL this year? We just did not try to get him. There weren't any concrete links except for a report shared earlier. I haven't seen much from that reporter either so cant see any credibility there.
Was retweeted by Ornstein though

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Shame if true, but I imagine we aren't going to offer him a good enough wage to warrant leaving.

croadyman

Shame if true, but I imagine we aren't going to offer him a good enough wage to warrant leaving.
Thought Erik would push hard for him after last year. I might think we still had a chance IF Di Marzio hadn't spoke on it already

Status
Not open for further replies.