Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yeah I feel confident him & Casa could partner up well in the big games,then in less pressured games could have him cover
100%. Not sure what’s he like as an 8 though? I’m getting the impression that ETH wants to go 4-3-3 next season with 2 8s and 1 sitting.

croadyman

100%. Not sure what’s he like as an 8 though? I’m getting the impression that ETH wants to go 4-3-3 next season with 2 8s and 1 sitting.
Well when Casa needs a rest could always have Rabiot sitting with Mount and Bruno as 8's

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is but this article was not written by him, or so the Twitter detectives say. It is by some guy with 300 followers.
I've already cleared that up in my previous post.
Agresti mentioned about ManUtd interest in one of his article today.

At the Continassa they are impatiently awaiting the response from Rabiot, courted again in the last few hours by Manchester United. If the Frenchman were to decide to accept Juventus' annual proposal, therefore, in Turin they would drop other onerous ideas.
https://www.goal.com/it/liste/calci...coneri/bltceb99812402c5a78#csc3e245a8a50fa8c8

criticalanalysis

Imagine Rabiot, Casemiro and Varane in the penalty box for defensive and offensive set pieces :devil:

Three units.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The obsession with his mother will never cease to amaze me. People are weird.

Mainoldo

He’ll say this all the way until he signs for us.

I feel like he’s done this before.. Conte was similar.

edcunited1878

Even if Rabiot does officially renew with Juventus, it's really good to see the club being proactive well ahead of the summer transfer window, as this has been a situation they were front and center since last year summer, this past winter, and now this window.

He's the right profile, right financial situation (12 months expiring and then free agent), etc. So it's been good to know the club has it within themselves, from an outside looking in POV, to be aware of these types of players.

CM

Slightly strange that we've waited until he's on the verge of agreeing a new deal with Juventus before making a move given we tried last summer and knew he was available on a free this summer. He would've been a handy squad player to have in place of one of McTominay or Fred.

lilcurt

Even if Rabiot does officially renew with Juventus, it's really good to see the club being proactive well ahead of the summer transfer window, as this has been a situation they were front and center since last year summer, this past winter, and now this window.

He's the right profile, right financial situation (12 months expiring and then free agent), etc. So it's been good to know the club has it within themselves, from an outside looking in POV, to be aware of these types of players.
I'm going to go with, sarcasm?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Did Utd send him an offer? Just don't feel like Utd is trying hard to sign him at all.

glasgow 21

Reality is this forum has spent more time debate and analysis of players than the club we support has. There real is no point is wasting time on possibles. Best to wait until the " Whoever" is standing with the shirt on. Our club is in a right mess. Personally speaking, if this becomes another nonsense window making it 3 out of 4 , then ETH should walk.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Reality is this forum has spent more time debate and analysis of players than the club we support has. There real is no point is wasting time on possibles. Best to wait until the " Whoever" is standing with the shirt on. Our club is in a right mess. Personally speaking, if this becomes another nonsense window making it 3 out of 4 , then ETH should walk.
So what do you suggest we should do?

Oranges038

Spades were to arrive,what a great translation
I got these,.

Returning from the contractual extension taken automatically until 2025, Szczesny seems destined to remain in the shadow of the Mole. You want for a super engagement of 7 million net difficult to place, either because it is deeply respected by the environment.

Practically took the Timothy Weah wildcard from Lille for 12 million, with the American ready to land in the shadow of the Mole this week.
Seems like this mole is big and wants a lot of money.

Bertie Wooster

Frustrating one to miss out on as a player with his ability and experience becoming available on a free - just when we needed someone like that - was such a lucky break given our budget.

Really feel like he should have been a huge priority to get over the line before he signed a new deal with Juventus. Maybe we did, but reports (which are all we have to go on) seem to indicate we've prioritised Mount with just fleeting suggestions of contact about Caicedo or Rabiot in the background as possibles.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can only think we were never that serious about him. That or Pogba gave us the mother of all slaggings.

croadyman

Slightly strange that we've waited until he's on the verge of agreeing a new deal with Juventus before making a move given we tried last summer and knew he was available on a free this summer. He would've been a handy squad player to have in place of one of McTominay or Fred.
Yeah does suggest our slowness has cost us this transfer and no excuse when he was free

croadyman

Can only think we were never that serious about him. That or Pogba gave us the mother of all slaggings.
You do wonder if last summer's shenanigans played a bigger part than we thought. I think we can safely say now Romano & Di Marzio have spoke it's over. Sounds from tweet like he didn't look like renewing but interest in him wasn't there

Last edited:

Jericholyte2

If he was to come here would he be happy being a squad player?

And if not would we be happy with him as the starting 8?

croadyman

I know I'm in the minority but think we missed a shrewd deal by not acting quick enough. Could have been a useful player to have in the squad but academic now anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.